• Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Not with a bang but a whimper.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      While I understand the pragmatic approach from the players and coaching staff, it was the first game, it is not the right approach at this time. To put it bluntly: they don't have the luxury of losing right now. Every loss right now, and this is doubly so at home, puts the program one more step up the gallows. There really is no sugar coating it, they can't lose and they especially can't lose at home.
      Exactly. We had a nice crowd both nights. Too bad the team played like crap tonight. Seriously embarrassing! Three mental breakdowns and three pucks in our net. I hope coach chews them out royally, but I blame him as well for not having his team mentally ready.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I thought Louie ran our D?
        We still too slow.
        Good lord quit with dumb penalties.
        Scored a goal though.
        If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          Exactly. We had a nice crowd both nights. Too bad the team played like crap tonight. Seriously embarrassing! Three mental breakdowns and three pucks in our net. I hope coach chews them out royally, but I blame him as well for not having his team mentally ready.
          Zero confidence, passing better to the opponent, Mantha getting killed on his glove side, and the looming budgets cuts. Worst weekend ever.

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
          We still too slow.
          Scored a goal though.
          Hubbs drew another bone-headed penalty just like last night, mid third period when we were down bad, but this time the team did not rally. What irked me leaving last night was all the coaches having a good laugh all the way off the ice, well Crabb not soo much.
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
            Hey AKSWF... You know what's funny? They had it advertised it as "The UAA Seawolves vs the Minnesota Mavericks".

Now, if you scroll through channel 1 to Sunday at 4:00 p.m., it says "The UAF Nanooks vs the Minnesota Mavericks".

Good grief GCI!!
            Find the guy who did that and promote him immediately

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post

Decent crowd tonight. One of the beer salesman was stressed out because the lines were so long. ... LOL. Needs to be prepared next time.. especially when we play Bearflanks.
              do the math. ............ Join UAA booster room....... the line is short and refreshments come with membership.
              Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 10-10-2016, 10:51 PM.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

All UAA away games shown live at the American Legion Post #28 7001 Brayton

OUR NEW HOME OF ALL AWAY GAMES LIVE............big parking lot , be my guest. come on down check us out we got the package

Friday 4 pm vs Omaha Friday steak/ prime rib or burger @ 6 if you care to joins us for dinner

Saturday 4 pm Canisius

come on down hang with the HARD CORE FANS. ..........
                maybe sent a postcard to somebody special.............
                Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 10-11-2016, 01:04 AM.
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                  We still too slow.
                  Scored a goal though.
                  Your haiku structure needs work.

Comment

season tix update from weekend: 678 sold, up from last season's 334 (increase of 103%); 336 of those balcony seats ($150)

taken straight from the horse's mouth on twitter

~+52K, not bad
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                      season tix update from weekend: 678 sold, up from last season's 334 (increase of 103%); 336 of those balcony seats ($150)

taken straight from the horse's mouth on twitter

~+52K, not bad
                      How much of the money does UAA get? I know the alumni association was urging fans to purchase season tickets, saying UAA only gets $4 from a ticket bought at the door. That is CRAZY. The Sully is $25,000 for a weekend and then they get the lions share of ticket sales too. Let's hope the guys start winning and even more folks buy into the great deal on balcony season tickets.
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

How much of the money does UAA get? I know the alumni association was urging fans to purchase season tickets, saying UAA only gets $4 from a ticket bought at the door. That is CRAZY. The Sully is $25,000 for a weekend and then they get the lions share of ticket sales too. Let's hope the guys start winning and even more folks buy into the great deal on balcony season tickets.
                        Not sure, if you are a UAA student (6 credits at least, ~two classes) you can purchase a companion ticket for $5. I'd assume the $5 goes straight to UAA, plus that way SMG wouldn't get a cent.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                          Not sure, if you are a UAA student (6 credits at least, ~two classes) you can purchase a companion ticket for $5. I'd assume the $5 goes straight to UAA, plus that way SMG wouldn't get a cent.
                          Did they change that? I thought you had to take 12 credits.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Did they change that? I thought you had to take 12 credits.
                            I recall it's been only 6 credits a semester.

Comment

Hi All,

I'm looking for visitor recommendations. I'll be coming up to AK for the Michigan Tech double weekends vs UAA and UAF. I'm planning to fly into Anchorage for the first series, maybe** drive (is a 4WD vehicle going to be needed this time of year?) my way to Fairbanks over the course of the week as I [please provide any recommendations of what to do here] and finally arrive the following Friday for the Tech series vs UAF. On Sunday following the second UAF game I'll be driving back** to Anchorage to catch a late Sunday redeye back to the lower 48.

** One thing I really wanted to do was rent the car one-way from Anchorage to Fairbanks and then take the railroad back. The one way drop fee is over $300 plus the return train ticket which is almost $200. Not really an expense that will be in my budget on top of 10 days in AK. Is there a reasonable way to get from Anchorage to Fairbanks via public transportation? I could always rent one car in Anchorage and return it and then get a separate rental in Fairbanks if there was a way to get North before Friday night. (I see the train only runs North on Sat during the Winter season). Greyhound doesn't seem to exist North of the lower 48 but there are dozens of Alaska bus lines (any recommended going between ANC-FAI airports)?

Any other recommendations for things to do, things to see, seasonal transportation requirements, lodging suggestions (especially during the week near either city), etc. Looking forward to getting back to Anchorage and seeing Fairbanks for the first time. Feel free to post your suggestions here (at the risk of boring the locals) or email me directly at info@johnsonsjerseys.net - thanks!

Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Very telling that Bill Spindle resigned and is moving to Texas AM San Antonio. People are jumping ship to get out of there!

Comment

Working...
                                X