X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    If you listened to President Johnson's youtube video, he mentioned that UAA needed to lower their prices for hockey games. I think they are still to expensive for most families. The price for the green section is 23.75 at the door, and $25.75 online. Too high!! Although fans can get in for $10 and most likely sit in other empty seats. Still, the price for tickets for events at the AAC are $8-$10 at the door.
    A very large part of the problem is Ticketmaster. We get crumbs from those high prices. The way I understand it Ticketmaster has a contract with the contractor that runs Sullivan Arena (SMG or whatever their initials are) so they get a LARGE cut of the money no matter where the ticket is sold. Go to the Alaska Airlines Center and purchase your ticket? Ticketmaster and SMG still take the lions share.
    Buy a $10 ticket at the Sully door and I believe UAA gets $4.
    This travesty is simply adding insult to the unrealistic amount of money we pay to rent the Sully.
    Perhaps our Mayor or illustrious city council can get a more realistic rental figure for the Sully. Might be a stretch with the cuts proposed in next years Mayors' budget plan.
    I hope anyone on here who has better knowledge of the money deal will add to or correct my post.
    It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

So can someone fill me in on the webcast situation for Gopher game? Looks like the game is listed on consecutive nights at same time (7th and 8th)? Is one not able to watch a game at a later date/time and they are 'replaying' game on the 8th? 10:00 PM is a little late for me when I have to be up early the next morning for a drive and long day. Was hoping I could avoid internet and subscribe Sunday to watch it during the day. Is that an option, and if so, same cost?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
        So can someone fill me in on the webcast situation for Gopher game? Looks like the game is listed on consecutive nights at same time (7th and 8th)? Is one not able to watch a game at a later date/time and they are 'replaying' game on the 8th? 10:00 PM is a little late for me when I have to be up early the next morning for a drive and long day. Was hoping I could avoid internet and subscribe Sunday to watch it during the day. Is that an option, and if so, same cost?

Thanks.
        The gophs play UAA Friday at 7pm Alaska time then they play UAF on Sunday at 4pm. I'm assuming you'll have to buy the first game from UAA and the 2nd game from UAF unless you buy some sort of WCHA.tv weekend pass? If I were you I'd skip the Friday game since the gophs will lose that one and just buy the UAF game since the gophs will win that one.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
          The gophs play UAA Friday at 7pm Alaska time then they play UAF on Sunday at 4pm. I'm assuming you'll have to buy the first game from UAA and the 2nd game from UAF unless you buy some sort of WCHA.tv weekend pass? If I were you I'd skip the Friday game since the gophs will lose that one and just buy the UAF game since the gophs will win that one.
          I was describing WCHA.com. I know they play UAA on Friday (and likely beat easily) but there is also a game listed on Saturday, as I stated. Hence my question about if they just replay the game once, or if it is possible to watch at any time at a later date (and maybe the Saturday listing is a mistake). Does UAA have it's own feed separate from WCHA? And if so, is it posted free at a later date?

Comment

I was describing WCHA.com. I know they play UAA on Friday (and likely beat easily) but there is also a game listed on Saturday, as I stated. Hence my question about if they just replay the game once, or if it is possible to watch at any time at a later date (and maybe the Saturday listing is a mistake). Does UAA have it's own feed separate from WCHA? And if so, is it posted free at a later date?
            All WCHA schools are contracted to use WCHA.tv, including full game replays. If you want to watch, you've only got one option. However (unlike the Nacho) you can buy a single day pass and not get smoked for an entire month.

Comment

Wow. There are these things that non-Big-ten schools use for hockey called schedules. These schedules are found all over the place; like school websites and even on this crappy website. When you look at those you'll find that UAA and UAF play on Saturday while the golden showers have the day off to pound their big-ten-puds.

Comment

Our first game of the year, and the Aces have an event planned, ****ers.

https://twitter.com/AlaskaAces/statu...56018466000896
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Student run paper article:

http://www.thenorthernlight.org/one-...coming-season/
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Budgets Cuts are hitting the shuttles too, no UAA Shuttles to the hockey games as of right now.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                      I think if we can get a minimum of 3,000 people in the stands tonight, it would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                        I think if we can get a minimum of 3,000 people in the stands tonight, it would be great!
                        wolfman shoot me a email
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post

Dear Kurt Haider,
                          What the Eff, fam?

Call the Aces offices and ask them What The Eff? Their phone number is (907)258-2237
                          Last edited by uaafanblog; 10-07-2016, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post

I don't think too many hockey fans are going to disco with the Aces. If that affects attendance than we are in deeper trouble than I thought.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              I don't think too many hockey fans are going to disco with the Aces. If that affects attendance than we are in deeper trouble than I thought.
                              It's more the principal, they know we are hurting attendance wise, last thing we need is a true turf war.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                                Wow. There are these things that non-Big-ten schools use for hockey called schedules. These schedules are found all over the place; like school websites and even on this crappy website. When you look at those you'll find that UAA and UAF play on Saturday while the golden showers have the day off to pound their big-ten-puds.
                                How'd that first game work out for your team there, buddy? Wasn't it a guaranteed win for the Seapuppies?

Comment

Working...
                                X