X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    He has one the hardest sell jobs of any Wcha school if not the hardest sell job in college hockey.

No campus life to speak of and no help from rural community BoR.

Dry campus......UAC wet campus with bar sporting high test beer and wine with lowest prices in _airbanks.

No stipend expenditure to student athletes.

No student support.

As everybody but me sez... one of worst arena’s in America.

Rumors of program being dropped so village can survive.

With all going for you go. You go sign 2 lines of blue chippers I dare you.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. The players on this years team were solid enough to not end up in last place. That is on the coach. The last I read UA_ didn't offer stipends either. Anyone know which WCHA schools, other than Bowling Green, are paying the stipends?
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Where did you hear this? Nothing in the minutes from the BOR meeting about that.
      It wasn't coming from the BOR.

https://www.alaska.edu/state/report/
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        Yeah, yeah, yeah. The players on this years team were solid enough to not end up in last place. That is on the coach. The last I read UA_ didn't offer stipends either. Anyone know which WCHA schools, other than Bowling Green, are paying the stipends?
        everybody
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

everybody
          Really? UA_ too? I never know when you are serious or being facetious.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by fanpain2 View Post
            The SOG numbers suck!
            Are those numbers available for the years Thomas has been the coach?
            Has it been a steady decline?
            Without an increase in SOG numbers the team is doomed to the same dismal results as this year.
            Not looking for anyones head but something has to change.
            SOG was a problem with Shyiak as well.
            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by USCH1 View Post
              ECHL should not even be a factor. Many players that can play there don't want to. Percentage numbers for the AHL are small and chances for the NHL are about 1.5% of all players in the world and figure in the politics. In my opinion, hard to use your progression numbers to make a team competitive. Bemidji 0 draft picks and first in the WCHA, University of Michigan always loaded with draft picks and have struggled to make the playoffs, 2015 Union beats University of Minnesota who is loaded with draft picks.
              Yes, but your coaches developing you so that they can play in the AHL or NHL is definitely desired by players.
              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                It wasn't coming from the BOR.

https://www.alaska.edu/state/report/
                Straight from John Buccigross' twitter: RPI Women's Hockey is looking raise $2,500 to get some new uniforms. So I just sent them $2,500.00. Thank U for http://bucciot.com buys

If only we were so lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Really? UA_ too? I never know when you are serious or being facetious.

Everybody but UAA and UAC. we already knew they didn't.
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                    Yes, but your coaches developing you so that they can play in the AHL or NHL is definitely desired by players.
                    Yes, you said it. First you have to have a coach.

Comment

Everybody but UAA and UAC. we already knew they didn't.
                      All players get a small stipend on road trips. Even UAA and UAF.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          Bump.
                          Oh hi, another new UAA poster!! Soo many this off-season lol.

I had spam last night for dinner, with rice, and tuna.

Comment

Originally posted by USCH1 View Post
                            Yes, you said it. First you have to have a coach.
                            And a campus and full funded program that players want to play for instead of who's looking for unknowns. He has one of the hardest sells of any college
                            coach.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                              SOG was a problem with Shyiak as well.
                              When you have a conservative minor official who uses their personal rationalization of a save outside of official rules, it doesn't help either.

Comment

And a campus and full funded program that players want to play for instead of who's looking for unknowns. He has one of the hardest sells of any college
                                coach.
                                That is probably true, but the fact remains he was extremely successful his first season, with Shyiaks recruits, so it can be done.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X