• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Two newest UAA recruits:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=176224

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=186701

Looks like they can both put the puck in the net. This was tweeted on the University Alaska Anchorage page.
    https://***********/search?q=univers...orage&src=typd

Sinclair, who committed to UAA earlier, also played on a line with Lavallee, according to this box score:
    http://sjhl.hockeytech.com/stats/game-summary/5148

I hope they have some good chemistry between them! Good job coaching staff! That long trip to Flin Flon paid off.
    Don't get all hyped about AJHL & SJHL signings. The AJHL is about on par with the NAHL, not quite as good as the BCHL. The SJHL is a little below the AJHL on talent level..

Comment

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
      Don't get all hyped about AJHL & SJHL signings. The AJHL is about on par with the NAHL, not quite as good as the BCHL. The SJHL is a little below the AJHL on talent level..
      I'm well aware of that. But we have guys now who came from the SJHL and they are pretty good. 8 years ago it was said that the NAHL was the worst league, but recently I have actually read and heard that it is now close to the USHL. There are diamonds in the rough in every league, you just have to find them.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I'm well aware of that. But we have guys now who came from the SJHL and they are pretty good. 8 years ago it was said that the NAHL was the worst league, but recently I have actually read and heard that it is now close to the USHL. There are diamonds in the rough in every league, you just have to find them.
        There's no comparison between the NAHL and the USHL. I've seen both leagues this year. It's like comparing the Aces to an AHL team.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

We pulled Parayko from the AJHL. Pretty sure Kunyk came from that league, too.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            There's no comparison between the NAHL and the USHL. I've seen both leagues this year. It's like comparing the Aces to an AHL team.
            5-10 years ago the Aces would've held their own.
            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
              We pulled Parayko from the AJHL. Pretty sure Kunyk came from that league, too.
              Maybe we just lucked out, but many of all better players came from the AJHL. AJHL players over the last 9 or 10 years:

Dion Knelsen
              Cody Kunyk
              Chad Johnson
              T.J. Campbell
              Colton Parayko

Scott Enders
              Aaron Lee
              Braden Walls
              Brandon Knelsen
              Derek Klassen
              Dustin Sather
              Jeff Lee
              Jeff Young
              Landon Novotney
              Ryan Muspratt
              Eric Babcook
              Jarret Granberg
              Justin Daigle
              Kaare Odegard
              Nik Yaremchuk
              Ron Meyers
              Adam Henderson
              Erik Slemp
              Justin Tateson
              Nolan Kaiser
              Josh Atkinson
              Nolan Huysmans
              John Mullally
              Ryker Leer

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Aren't kids getting drafted out of the NAHL?

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                  Maybe we just lucked out, but many of all better players came from the AJHL. AJHL players over the last 9 or 10 years:

Dion Knelsen
                  Cody Kunyk
                  Chad Johnson
                  T.J. Campbell
                  Colton Parayko

Scott Enders
                  Aaron Lee
                  Braden Walls
                  Brandon Knelsen
                  Derek Klassen
                  Dustin Sather
                  Jeff Lee
                  Jeff Young
                  Landon Novotney
                  Ryan Muspratt
                  Eric Babcook
                  Jarret Granberg
                  Justin Daigle
                  Kaare Odegard
                  Nik Yaremchuk
                  Ron Meyers
                  Adam Henderson
                  Erik Slemp
                  Justin Tateson
                  Nolan Kaiser
                  Josh Atkinson
                  Nolan Huysmans
                  John Mullally
                  Ryker Leer
                  Isn't Koberstein AJHL too? He hasn't had huge number for us but he is an Habs draft pick.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post

Dion Knelsen
                    Cody Kunyk
                    Chad Johnson
                    T.J. Campbell
                    Colton Parayko

Scott Enders
                    Aaron Lee
                    Braden Walls
                    Brandon Knelsen
                    Derek Klassen
                    Dustin Sather
                    Jeff Lee
                    Jeff Young
                    Landon Novotney
                    Ryan Muspratt
                    Eric Babcook
                    Jarret Granberg
                    Justin Daigle
                    Kaare Odegard
                    Nik Yaremchuk
                    Ron Meyers
                    Adam Henderson
                    Erik Slemp
                    Justin Tateson
                    Nolan Kaiser
                    Josh Atkinson
                    Nolan Huysmans
                    John Mullally
                    Ryker Leer
                    The reason most showed up was the Free Pitcher Refills at the UAC Pub.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      Isn't Koberstein AJHL too? He hasn't had huge number for us but he is an Habs draft pick.
                      Definitely some good players on that list. And there's probably not anyone in college hockey that pulls more talent out of the AJ than Ferguson.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        That wasn't a pitcher, that was the "Cup"... but it's understandable why Seawolve fans would not be able to recognized it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          You say that like it's a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            Koberstein was from the USHL, although he did play in the AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                              Everybody but UAA and UAC. we already knew they didn't.
                              You are SO wrong Alaska Hockey. After asking all of the athletic directors, it appears that only Tech, Bowling Green and Ferris give the stipends. Heck, even Mankato doesn't give them. Check your facts buddy.
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Check your facts buddy.
                                Like that ever stops him.

Comment

Working...
                                X