• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Classic village philosophy ..............Can’t handle the Big Picture
    Hockey Series record: UAA leads 89-61-12
    W Basket ball record: UAA leads 64-30
    M Basketball record: UAA leads 77-22
    Volleyball record: UAA leads 64-34

I expect this is a Guinness world record for UA_ if anybody could comprehend the rules and regulations and complete the red tape.
    You spend twice as much on athletics, you **** well should have a better record. As for the big picture, enjoy that green and gold gravy train while it lasts because Juneau has something else in mind for you.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

I thought the "big picture" was academics.

***mic drop***

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        You spend twice as much on athletics, you **** well should have a better record. As for the big picture, enjoy that green and gold gravy train while it lasts because Juneau has something else in mind for you.
        Your basketball and (volleyball?) teams play in a high school gym, your campus is actually close together-cuts costs on everything, and you have a decent amount of housing. Do you have any new buildings to pay off? And again, your attendance for the most expensive sport decreased. Juneau has something else in mind for you. All your "town" is, is a gateway to the north. Our city is a gateway into the state. Just look at how updated our campus is to yours, then you'll see what school actually matters.
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post

***mic drop***
          Apparently that doesn't apply to your coaches and administration.

***mic drop***
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Vote for your favorite player in 16-17:

https://fans.vote/v/ACoPw3kNdSk

Can't believe Hubbs is on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
              The gutless always have some body else do their dirty work. We are used to it.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post

***mic drop***
                Tell us the story, one more time of the series of eligibility infractions spanning the 2007-2008 through 2011-2012 academic years.

You always put a great “we did nothing wrong spin on it”.
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                  Vote for your favorite player in 16-17:

https://fans.vote/v/ACoPw3kNdSk

Can't believe Hubbs is on there.
                  Only guy who liked to hit. ...... sometimes 2 ,3 checks a shift.....I will miss him. Somebody likes him.....He's skating.
                  Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 03-21-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                    Only guy who liked to hit. ...... sometimes 2 ,3 checks a shift.....I will miss him. Somebody likes him.....He's skating.
                    Mitchell also, Hubbs had his potential. Now look where there are playing. Hubbs also liked to hit illegally, hence his reputation and penalties.

Comment

I guess everything must be OK in UAA Athletic land since they are keeping the Great Alaska Shootout. The teams were just announced for this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                        I guess everything must be OK in UAA Athletic land since they are keeping the Great Alaska Shootout. The teams were just announced for this year.
                        I was kinda surprised too, BB and VB are obviously safe but athletics must've done pretty good this year overall. Having the NCAA West Regional VB and BB really helps, without the Alaska Airlines Center they would not be possible to host.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                          I believe it's business as usual at UAA. I have not heard of any problems for this next season. In fact just the opposite, that hockey will NOT be cut.
                          Last edited by Suze; 03-25-2017, 11:44 AM.
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                            I would still have my range card filled out in case the birds suspend chirping.

Comment

Nice to see Air Force very competitive in the playoffs. If you want to see tough recruiting there it is, all have to be from the USA. Also, 70% were from the NAHL. I guess that's what great COACHING does.

Comment

• Originally posted by USCH1 View Post
                                Nice to see Air Force very competitive in the playoffs. If you want to see tough recruiting there it is, all have to be from the USA. Also, 70% were from the NAHL. I guess that's what great COACHING does.
                                This is a very valid point.
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X