This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    It's more the principal, they know we are hurting attendance wise, last thing we need is a true turf war.
    Ha, the Aces could give less than *, UAA dies and they a) have the market all to themselves and b) free reign on the schedule. The Aces have been trying to kill UAA for years.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by Koho View Post
      How'd that first game work out for your team there, buddy? Wasn't it a guaranteed win for the Seapuppies?
      It was still fun -- just wish we could've gotten at least a lousy goal. But fun. BTW~ The Minnesota fans I met were so friendly!!! They're hoping they see a display of northern lights while they're here. Very nice people.

Decent crowd tonight. One of the beer salesman was stressed out because the lines were so long. ... LOL. Needs to be prepared next time.. especially when we play Bearflanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
        How'd that first game work out for your team there, buddy? Wasn't it a guaranteed win for the Seapuppies?
        Show me where anyone guaranteed a win. Buddy? I know in the midwest that's a term bandied about in mostly a friendly way. In Alaska, you call someone buddy in this context and you're likely to get knocked the eff out. Anyway, if you can't recognize pregame banter on a fan forum from reality then you should probably get off internet sports forums.

I'll be standing by waiting for the evidence that anyone guaranteed a win.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
          It was still fun -- just wish we could've gotten at least a lousy goal. But fun. BTW~ The Minnesota fans I met were so friendly!!! They're hoping they see a display of northern lights while they're here. Very nice people.

Decent crowd tonight. One of the beer salesman was stressed out because the lines were so long. ... LOL. Needs to be prepared next time.. especially when we play Bearflanks.
          Out of curiosity, can you describe name the MN fans? A couple good friends flew up there, and I hope they represented us well. They are not USCHOers, they are well-known GPLers, though.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
            The gophs play UAA Friday at 7pm Alaska time then they play UAF on Sunday at 4pm. I'm assuming you'll have to buy the first game from UAA and the 2nd game from UAF unless you buy some sort of WCHA.tv weekend pass? If I were you I'd skip the Friday game since the gophs will lose that one and just buy the UAF game since the gophs will win that one.
            This might be where the "guaranteed" win for the sea pups comment stems from. Just guessing though. I'm sure his talk was post game trash talk which seawolf and nanook fans should both be familiar with :-p
            Last edited by UAFIceAngel; 10-08-2016, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Out of curiosity, can you describe the MN fans? A couple good friends flew up there, and I hope they represented us well. They are not USCHOers, they are well-known GPLers, though.
              Buck teeth and .... she had a better mustache, his farmall hat, her vfw bar jacket, bib overalls... yep that was them.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Out of curiosity, can you describe name the MN fans?
                Hi Brenthoven~ That's a tough one. There were a LOT of Minnesota fans there tonight! I sat next to a young lady (maybe in her mid-20's, long light brown hair) who came up for the game for the weekend and was sitting with her brother who lives up here. I also talked to a rowdy, happy group of MN fans at the beer area. They wanted to know the best time to go out and check for the northern lights tonight because it's clear out. I talked to at least 5 other MN fans on the way back to my seat.

It was funny because there were a couple tipsy Seawolves fans and a couple tips Gopher fans shouting banter back & forth at the start of the game, but by the 3rd period, they had introduced themselves to one another and were just bs-ing together. Funny stuff.

Comment

Hi Brenthoven~ That's a tough one. There were a LOT of Minnesota fans there tonight! I sat next to a young lady (maybe in her mid-20's, long light brown hair) who came up for the game for the weekend and was sitting with her brother who lives up here. I also talked to a rowdy, happy group of MN fans at the beer area. They wanted to know the best time to go out and check for the northern lights tonight because it's clear out. I talked to at least 5 other MN fans on the way back to my seat.

It was funny because there were a couple tipsy Seawolves fans and a couple tips Gopher fans shouting banter back & forth at the start of the game, but by the 3rd period, they had introduced themselves to one another and were just bs-ing together. Funny stuff.
                  Wow, didn't think THAT many MN fans made the trip. The people I know included a rather tall/large man and his wife, a pasty man (not meant as an insult) and a stocky guy with a shaved head, if that helps. The rowdy happy group sounds like the people I know. Part of the Gopher Puck Live group, and we have a rep of being....boisterous.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The people I know included a rather tall/large man and his wife, a pasty man (not meant as an insult) and a stocky guy with a shaved head, if that helps.
                    Nope, I didn't see the "pasty dude", but if I run into him at the next game.. I'll show him your post. (kidding!! )

The rowdy happy group sounds like the people I know. Part of the Gopher Puck Live group, and we have a rep of being....boisterous.
                    Yep. I guess just about every team has a happy, rowdy, boisterous group. Although, .... your side had reason to be happier than my side tonight! Still. It looked like everyone was just happy to have hockey back!

Comment

Decent crowd tonight.
                      Yes, some wins and hopefully we can sustain the crowds. The "student section" was barren due to the loss of the shuttle.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Out of curiosity, can you describe name the MN fans? A couple good friends flew up there, and I hope they represented us well. They are not USCHOers, they are well-known GPLers, though.
                        Yes, very respectful. Might outnumber the UA_ fans sunday afternoon.
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                          Yes, very respectful. Might outnumber the UA_ fans sunday afternoon.
                          Hey AKSWF... You know what's funny? If you have GCI cable, look at how they have our games listed on the television guide on channel 1. I thought it was a fluke just for this game... They had it advertised it as "The UAA Seawolves vs the Minnesota Mavericks".

Now, if you scroll through channel 1 to Sunday at 4:00 p.m., it says "The UAF Nanooks vs the Minnesota Mavericks".

Good grief GCI!!
                          Last edited by AlaskaRox; 10-08-2016, 02:32 AM. Reason: Doh!!

Comment

Hey AKSWF... You know what's funny? If you have GCI cable, look at how they have our games listed on the television guide on channel 1. I thought it was a fluke just for this game... They had it advertised it as "The UAA Seawolves vs the Minnesota Mavericks".

Now, if you scroll through channel 1 to Sunday at 4:00 p.m., it says "The UAF Nanooks vs the Minnesota Mavericks".

Good grief GCI!!
                            LOL they do not have the best reputation, like how I just got my reputation reduced a tad because I sound like a, and I quote "a SUCKS fan". To each his own.

GCI is improving though, just had my download speed doubled again (only been a year with them), and my data cap doubled to 250 GB (hello Netflix and a WCHA pass).

Comment

While I understand the pragmatic approach from the players and coaching staff, it was the first game, it is not the right approach at this time. To put it bluntly: they don't have the luxury of losing right now. Every loss right now, and this is doubly so at home, puts the program one more step up the gallows. There really is no sugar coating it, they can't lose and they especially can't lose at home.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Should be an even bigger crowd with Fairbanks in town, pfd, and the Minnesotaians faithful.

Comment

Working...
                                X