X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    That is probably true, but the fact remains he was extremely successful his first season, with Shyiaks recruits, so it can be done.
    And budget been wacked almost every year since then .
    Every coach looking at a recruit will show you the plus minus of why they are the best fit and show the glaring minus’s side of anybody else who is showing interest and UAA has the longest list of things their players and programs doesn’t receive or never will in the near future with the save the village mindset of the BOR.

That’s if they last the budget process in Juneau, I am sure UAC’s home girl Tammy Wilson will do her best to make sure that doesn’t happen.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      And budget been wacked almost every year since then .
      Every coach looking at a recruit will show you the plus minus of why they are the best fit and show the glaring minus’s side of anybody else who is showing interest and UAA has the longest list of things their players and programs doesn’t receive or never will in the near future with the save the village mindset of the BOR.

That’s if they last the budget process in Juneau, I am sure UAC’s home girl Tammy Wilson will do her best to make sure that doesn’t happen.
      She's not even on the committee anymore. Nice try though.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        She's not even on the committee anymore. Nice try though.
        She is in office, tossin amendments by the shovelfuls so they get the hint.
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
          Everybody but UAA and UAC. we already knew they didn't.
          I'm not saying this info is incorrect, but where did you get it from? I can't find anything about who is awarding cost of attendance stipends - not since this was talked about in 2015. Back then, only 22 of 60 schools were planning on giving the stipend. 7 had not decided yet. So where did you get your information from?
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Uh-oh...fact check.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
              Uh-oh...fact check.
              If you don't like the facts simply inject alternative facts.
              And I believe alternative facts to alternative facts are now allowed.
              It works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                Uh-oh...fact check.
                Fact Check is like ....Butterbeans official record ...............no need to go there.........

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                  Fact Check is like ....Butterbeans official record ...............no need to go there.........
                  Nice pivot Kellyanne...

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    That is probably true, but the fact remains he was extremely successful his first season, with Shyiaks recruits, so it can be done.
                    The "will they or won't they survive" has disrupted at least two recruiting classes for both Fairbanks & Anchorage. It's had a smaller effect outside that as well.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      The "will they or won't they survive" has disrupted at least two recruiting classes for both Fairbanks & Anchorage. It's had a smaller effect outside that as well.
                      If UAA hockey is put on the chopping block (again I don't think so because of various reasons I've listed dozens of times) again, I don't know if we will see the support like last summer.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                        If UAA hockey is put on the chopping block (again I don't think so because of various reasons I've listed dozens of times) again, I don't know if we will see the support like last summer.
                        I bet we will see even more support. A lot of Aces fans showed up at our last game. If UAA hockey goes away, that leaves only high school hockey for fans to watch.
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          I bet we will see even more support. A lot of Aces fans showed up at our last game. If UAA hockey goes away, that leaves only high school hockey for fans to watch.
                          I'm glad that you have that. Huntsville Havoc fans (admittedly a way way way way way inferior hockey product to the Aces) wouldn't spit on us if we were on fire.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

I cut and pasted this from an email:

"To earn recognition as a member of the WCHA All-Academic Team, student-athletes must have completed one year of eligibility at their present institution prior to the current academic year, have a grade-point average of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale) for the previous two semesters or three quarters, or may qualify if overall GPA is at least 3.0 for all terms at the present institution.
                            Receiving the honor for the Seawolves were; Cam Amantea, Matt Anholt, Austin Azurdia, Jarrett Brown, Brad Duwe, Nicolas Erb-Ekholm, Dylan Hubbs, Alex Jackstadt, Tad Kozun, Olivier Mantha, Mason Mitchell, Jonah Renouf, Nathan Renouf, Eric Roberts and Chase Van Allen."

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                              I cut and pasted this from an email:

"To earn recognition as a member of the WCHA All-Academic Team, student-athletes must have completed one year of eligibility at their present institution prior to the current academic year, have a grade-point average of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale) for the previous two semesters or three quarters, or may qualify if overall GPA is at least 3.0 for all terms at the present institution.
                              Receiving the honor for the Seawolves were; Cam Amantea, Matt Anholt, Austin Azurdia, Jarrett Brown, Brad Duwe, Nicolas Erb-Ekholm, Dylan Hubbs, Alex Jackstadt, Tad Kozun, Olivier Mantha, Mason Mitchell, Jonah Renouf, Nathan Renouf, Eric Roberts and Chase Van Allen."
                              Congrats to all of them! Well done, and not an easy task to be a student athlete!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                                Everybody but UAA and UAC. we already knew they didn't.
                                After asking around all I know so far is that Bowling Green and Tech pays stipends. Lake Superior, Mankato and Bemidji do not. Still waiting for more replies. I guess you were told incorrect info Alaska Hockey.

Edit: I thought I had read Mankato did give COA stipends, but their AD emailed me that they do not. So, with UAA and UAF added in, so far half of the league does NOT pay this to the students athletes.
                                Last edited by Suze; 03-10-2017, 09:09 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X