X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Made a doodle poll seeing if you would donate money to help save our team:

http://doodle.com/poll/9p3udwkszmxf5d89
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      UAA is just so ****ing backwards it makes you head spin, worst case: Aces renovate the Alaska Airlines Center and have it to themselves.
      I still predict that the Aces have 2-3 seasons left. NHL teams are wanting more control over their affiliations and a team in Alaska just doesn't work in that paradigm.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        I still predict that the Aces have 2-3 seasons left. NHL teams are wanting more control over their affiliations and a team in Alaska just doesn't work in that paradigm.
        Well the Aces are finally Vancouver's AA farm team, they are the closet NHL team wonder why it took so long. For AAA sure, but AA I think the Aces are fine as long as their attendance picks back up, and or the profit margin increases.
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Do either of these schools offer a finance degree? The ultimate irony. $54 billion with a B and we can't figure it out? F* politicians....seriously.
          If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

http://www.adn.com/opinions/2016/08/...e=snsanalytics
            Just saw this on twitter

Comment

Article today in our local paper does not paint a pretty picture. The end of D1 hockey in Alaska would be a very sad development indeed.

Alaska hockey programs in peril
              http://www.startribune.com/alaska-ho...ril/391237071/
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Lancelot: We were in the nick of time. You were in great peril.
                Galahad: I don't think I was.
                Lancelot: Yes, you were. You were in terrible peril.
                Galahad: Look, let me go back in there and face the peril.
                Lancelot: No, it's far too perilous.
                Galahad: Look, it's my duty as a knight to sample as much peril as I can.
                Lancelot: No, we've got to find the Holy Grail. Come on.
                Galahad: Oh, let me have just a little bit of peril?
                Lancelot: No. It's unhealthy.

Comment

The exhibition game is in Palmer this year. Sweet. I assume it will be at the MTA Events Center?? If so, I hope they put UAA in the locker room with the huge Seawolf logo painted on one wall. Hey, maybe I'll even try to take the granddaughter to this one and see how she does.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Joey Crabb to our coaching staff: https://***********/UAAHockey/status/770440987164291072

Perhaps he is just a volunteer? Also Chirs Kamal is our Strength & Conditioning coach?! http://www.goseawolves.com/SportSele...73&SPSID=58452

Comment

There is a meeting tomorrow evening 5:30 to 7:00pm at the 49th State Brewing Co. (the old Snow Goose) at 717 West 3rd Ave.
                      Anyone interested in keeping Seawolves hockey should attend as a show of community support for the program.
                      Everyone in the community is invited and encouraged to attend. Yes we would also love to have our UA_ friends there also.
                      See you there!

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                        Joey Crabb to our coaching staff: https://***********/UAAHockey/status/770440987164291072

Perhaps he is just a volunteer? Also Chirs Kamal is our Strength & Conditioning coach?! http://www.goseawolves.com/SportSele...73&SPSID=58452
                        Hmmm. Interesting about Crabb. Kamal has been on staff. You've never seen him at the Sully carrying around his laptop?
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                          There is a meeting tomorrow evening 5:30 to 7:00pm at the 49th State Brewing Co. (the old Snow Goose) at 717 West 3rd Ave.
                          Anyone interested in keeping Seawolves hockey should attend as a show of community support for the program.
                          Everyone in the community is invited and encouraged to attend. Yes we would also love to have our UA_ friends there also.
                          See you there!
                          Where did you hear about this? If we depend on this forum to get the word out, there won't be many people there. This is the first I have heard of it. Edit, I just read it in my email. It was sent to all season ticket holders.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

There's a Facebook page too https://www.facebook.com/SavetheSeawolves/

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                              See you there!
                              Wish I could make it but our employee picnic is tonight.

(And yes, I do care about Seawolf hockey surviving. I have many UAA friends. Also, how else will we get to 10 straight Gov Cup wins?)
                              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

I attended the UAA Alumni Meeting at 49th State Brew Co.....take away message; They need to increase revenue or hockey is doomed. The best way anyone can help is to buy season tickets...when you buy $10 tickets at the door, it only results in $4 revenue for the hockey program. Almost all of the season tickets revenue go directly toward the hockey bottomline...makes the bean counters happy! Alumni donations to the program do not count as revenue. If you want to help out/donate, call up Chris and buy season tickets in the upper bowl. Yes...they are opening the upper bowl and selling season tickets for $150. That's less than $10/game. They are in the process of figuring out how to distribute dontated season tickets to select groups in the community.

My response to this entire fiasco...with three kids--16, 14 and 9 all of which have contributed annually to the UA College Savings Plan since birth, we have over $30,000 currently invested in UA College Savings 529 Plan. If UA continues to devalue college athletics, our investments will certainly be reallocated to another state's 529 plan. Just as you politician's have choices, we also have choices and will choose to attend college in a state that values and funds education and athletics. We have 50 billion in the bank, everyone crying that we are broke, and those Juneau bozo's refuse to come up with alternative revenue source... UAA athletics is currently 3% of the overall budget. Nationwide, athletics averages 6% of a universities budget. Yet, we are demanding more cost cutting and eventually want the athletic programs to be 100% self-funded. We will soon have the two largest community colleges in the United States.

Comment

Working...
                                X