X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Not much to enlighten you on, the numbers on athletics are all federal public data. UAF, in case you're wondering, spent about $6 million.
    With all the ineligible players from failing grades they overspent.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      With all the ineligible players from failing grades they overspent.
      Burn!
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
        Okay enlighten us then. Tuition went up to help pay for the new Engineering building, and the Alaska Airlines Center.

BTW, UAA has recently spent a lot of money on renovations to the Commons (housing cafeteria), the first floors of the dorms (kitchens!), and fancy holiday (chirstmas lights strung up on wood) esque lighting all over the housing side of campus. And there complaining of budget cuts, if only there was a law/rule where you could transfer funds in financially tight times. Rumor has it, they built the Conoco Phillips Intergrated Science Building without securing the funds to actually run the building after it was completed. Also, the top floor of the new Engineering building doesn't have the heat turned on, because hot air rises and that should be good enough. Installed "smart" toilets in the Engineering building that flush randomly and frequently all by themselves. The slow excess draining of water and electricity is brilliant for our budget.

While we may be spending a lot, it certainly is to offset costs by the pinheads in charge.

It certainly should, even being partnered with Alaska Airlines.

I forgot Mitchell just chose when it was his turn to get on the ice, what situations, who is linemates were, why he was recruited to play DI. If Thomas was as bad as you think he was, he woulda buried Mitchell like Shyiak did with Selby. Just to keep him here longer.

None. Will be none for a long time.

Does room and board include meal plans, you used to have to buy meal plans while living on our campus (slightly better than grade school cafeteria slop).
        Okay give the coach credit for giving Mitchel the ice time needed to showcase himself. But, as far as the rest of the criteria needed for a successful team, this coach is lacking in that department.

Comment

Originally posted by USCH1 View Post
          Okay give the coach credit for giving Mitchel the ice time needed to showcase himself. But, as far as the rest of the criteria needed for a successful team, this coach is lacking in that department.
          This is true. But it took him half the season to figure out who to play with Mason, and to put Mitchell on the first line.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            This is true. But it took him half the season to figure out who to play with Mason, and to put Mitchell on the first line.
            Color him gone, who did you find to take his place? I tried, I went over and asked the Kenya kids if their cousins played hockey?
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

I don't recall him playing very well early on, a better version of Hubbs in the first half.
              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Did we have a first line? Seems like lines were shuffled every game.

Comment

• Originally posted by USCH1 View Post
                  Did we have a first line? Seems like lines were shuffled every game.
                  Injuries, no chemistry.
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Two newest UAA recruits:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=176224

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=186701

Looks like they can both put the puck in the net. This was tweeted on the University Alaska Anchorage page.
                    https://***********/search?q=univers...orage&src=typd

Sinclair, who committed to UAA earlier, also played on a line with Lavallee, according to this box score:
                    http://sjhl.hockeytech.com/stats/game-summary/5148

I hope they have some good chemistry between them! Good job coaching staff! That long trip to Flin Flon paid off.
                    Last edited by Suze; 03-16-2017, 07:34 PM.
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      That long trip to Flin Flon paid off.
                      135 PIMs in 53 games. Looks like ya found the next Dylan Hubbs!
                      Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                        Dylan doesn’t hold a candle to UAC’s 2 goons on the league leading and proudly 2nd in nation in penalties. But Hubbs wasn’t a after the whistle slew footing handshake line sucker puncher kind of player either. Does Butterbean get some green for that or just an extra salver of sandwiches as the mission bonus?
                        Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 03-17-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                          Actually he reminds me more of Mitchell. That worked out quite well for us! A former UAA assistant coach once told he he would rather have to rein in a player than to have to kick him in the butt to motivate him.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I hope they have some good chemistry between them! Good job coaching staff! That long trip to Flin Flon paid off.
                            They can have all the chemistry in the world between each other, doesn't mean anything without that chemistry with their future linemates and team.

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                            There are good penalties and bad ones, Hubbs was the king of bad and unnecessary ones. Lavallee's 64 PIM in only 12 playoff games makes you wonder.

Curtis Glencross had 163 PIM in 53 games before he came to UAA, he turned out alright.

Kevin Clark had 250 PIM in 50 games before coming to the Great Land, he also fared pretty good.

Mason Mitchell career junior numbers (PIM in games played): 114 in 21, 195 in 23, 176 in 32, 89 in 43, 103 in 39, 217 in 39. Again turned out well.
                            Last edited by AKSWF; 03-17-2017, 06:49 PM. Reason: facts, try it next time.

Comment

They can have all the chemistry in the world between each other, doesn't mean anything without that chemistry with their future linemates and team.
                              True, but you don't understand what I am saying. We have guys who have played together on the same junior team, even on the same line. That is a big plus in my mind. Not only will they feel more comfortable on campus, but they know how each other plays the game. In looking over the SKHL 2016-17 league awards, I am so happy to see some of our incoming freshman on the list. Kristian Stead won two awards, MVP and Top Goaltender. He led the league in wins, save percentage, and shutouts.

The SJHL’s Most Valuable Player for 2016-2017 is Nipawin Hawks’ goaltender Kristian Stead. *The 20-year-old has played the third most minutes among SJHL goaltenders, and his save percentage leads the way, hovering at or above the .935% mark for much of the year. His Head Coach and GM Doug Johnson has been around a lot of great goaltenders during his time in Nipawin, but says Stead has set the bar this season. “I haven't seen a performance like Stead has put together this year. He has taken his game to another level and the scary thing is he is still getting better. He's working on improving his game every day and it shows. Steader has a very bright future in hockey and is an even better citizen.”
                              Eric Sinclair won the Leagues Best Defenseman, for the second straight year.

Sinclair has long been regarded as a premier offensive defenseman, but his other intangibles are what separates him from the rest of his peers. *“He’s a gamer who has an impact night in and night out,” says Bomber bench boss Mike Reagan. *“From the first day he came to us, he showed us how much confidence he has and we, quickly, became confident that we were in possession of the best defenseman in the league. *He makes everyone else better.”

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I don't recall him playing very well early on, a better version of Hubbs in the first half.
                                I thought he played well in the first half of the season. He made a lot of scoring chances for himself, but he didn't get the confidence and start putting the puck in the net until coach paired him up with Anholt.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X