X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

KTUU also saying Aces are done at seasons end

Cut and pasted from Doyle's column in the ADN:
    "Parks and Mackie said the city and its mayor, Ethan Berkowitz, have been supportive of the Aces. The city and SMG prior to the 2015-16 season renegotiated the team's lease at Sullivan to include more favorable terms for the Aces, including an increase in their cut of gross concession receipts to 40 percent from 35 percent."

Don't know for certain however it's my understanding the Seawolves do not receive any money from concession sales. That's a zero.
    And what other "more favorable terms" did the Aces renegotiated lease include?
    Haven't heard anything from UAA about renegotiating however have heard plenty about how much Seawolf hockey costs.
    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 02-23-2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post

"Parks and Mackie said the city and its mayor, Ethan Berkowitz, have been supportive of the Aces. The city and SMG prior to the 2015-16 season renegotiated the team's lease at Sullivan to include more favorable terms for the Aces, including an increase in their cut of gross concession receipts to 40 percent from 35 percent."

Don't know for certain however it's my understanding the Seawolves do not receive any money from concession sales. That's a zero.
      Haven't heard anything from UAA about renegotiating however have heard plenty about how much Seawolf hockey costs.
      I feel really bad for Kurt.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post

I've been through it twice in my career. It's not fun. Best wishes to Rob and his players and the Aces staff. Especially Trenzie. Good luck. And hopefully Aces fans will support the Seawolves.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

From Alaska Dispatch:

Parks and Mackie said the city and its mayor, Ethan Berkowitz, have been supportive of the Aces. The city and SMG prior to the 2015-16 season renegotiated the team's lease at Sullivan to include more favorable terms for the Aces, including an increase in their cut of gross concession receipts to 40 percent from 35 percent.
          I only hope UAA can also renegotiate a better deal!
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
            From Alaska Dispatch:

I only hope UAA can also renegotiate a better deal!
            Now would be a really good time to start renegotiating with SMG and the City.
            "Gee golly, we seem to be the only ones here..."
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Nice to see ADN in full on cry mode by the way. Not gonna mention they've been corporate sponsors for years are they?

I wonder how much money the Aces lost on straight up giving away tickets?
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Now would be a really good time to start renegotiating with SMG and the City.
                "Gee golly, we seem to be the only ones here..."
                Yeah, that strategy doesn't work. We speak from experience.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  Yeah, that strategy doesn't work. We speak from experience.
                  True, the easiest way is to have another place to play, which neither of us really have.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    True, the easiest way is to have another place to play, which neither of us really have.
                    I wouldn't be surprised if we start making some serious noise with the Borough about moving back to the Patty Center in the next few years.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      I wouldn't be surprised if we start making some serious noise with the Borough about moving back to the Patty Center in the next few years.
                      With Adam being the GM at the Carlson, I could see him really fighting to keep the Nooks there though.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        Yes, this is what I was saying about the Seawolves moving back to the Farg. If they can raise the Dimond Center roof and put a theater and now D&B, can't they somehow expand the Farg just a tad?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                          Yes, this is what I was saying about the Seawolves moving back to the Farg. If they can raise the Dimond Center roof and put a theater and now D&B, can't they somehow expand the Farg just a tad?
                          It depends on the cost to be honest but, seriously exploring this would definitely put a chill into SMG and the City's spine.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            I think for both of us it just depends on what the WCHA would require. Granted, an expanded Wells Fargo Center or Patty Center wouldn't be far off what Ferris or Bowling Green have.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              I think for both of us it just depends on what the WCHA would require. Granted, an expanded Wells Fargo Center or Patty Center wouldn't be far off what Ferris or Bowling Green have.
                              It appears like a no brainer for at least the immediate future to go with expansion of the hockey farg.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                                With Adam being the GM at the Carlson, I could see him really fighting to keep the Nooks there though.
                                He should. That place might as well get mothballed otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X