This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USCH1 View Post
    Lets hire Walt Kyle as a new head coach. He is use to working on a smaller budget than UAA and developing a competitive team.
    He'd certainly fit into Alaska. While I don't watch enough of NMU hockey to fully determine if they are dirty or not, I'd want my team to steer away from Kyle. While his "success" is admittedly dreamy, nothing is going to change until the program gets enough money funnled into it. Coaches (all kinds of caliber) have come and gone, and nothing has changed. Again, doing things the same way and expecting different results defines?
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
      He has a better record than any of the UAA coaches have had.
      Brush did better, take away his two WCHA seasons and did even better. Kyle is a career sub .500 coach, last five years under .500. You could easily argue his teams have fared worse in his second half at NMU. Certainly worse in the nWCHA. Hiring a coach on the down (and not just with the law), no thank you.
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
        Brush did better, take away his two WCHA seasons and did even better. Kyle is a career sub .500 coach, last five years under .500. You could easily argue his teams have fared worse in his second half at NMU. Certainly worse in the nWCHA. Hiring a coach on the down (and not just with the law), no thank you.
        I wasn't advocating for his hire at UAA, BTW.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I wasn't advocating for his hire at UAA, BTW.
          On mobile, meant to multi post but screwed the pooch.

Comment

He'd certainly fit into Alaska. While I don't watch enough of NMU hockey to fully determine if they are dirty or not, I'd want my team to steer away from Kyle. While his "success" is admittedly dreamy, nothing is going to change until the program gets enough money funnled into it. Coaches (all kinds of caliber) have come and gone, and nothing has changed. Again, doing things the same way and expecting different results defines?
            UAA's hockey budget is not as low as you keep insinuating compared to many of the medium sized programs. We had a recruiter who is no longer with UAA tour Europe last year scouting, think of that cost. From what I saw, money spent with zero results. What I see, the alumni have never been able to hire a good coach who is also responsible for his coaching staff. I have seen good talent at UAA for years, just bad coaching!

Comment

UAA's hockey budget is not as low as you keep insinuating compared to many of the medium sized programs. We had a recruiter who is no longer with UAA tour Europe last year scouting, think of that cost. From what I saw, money spent with zero results. What I see, the alumni have never been able to hire a good coach who is also responsible for his coaching staff. I have seen good talent at UAA for years, just bad coaching!
              The alumni didn't hire Thomas. Many wanted Corbett until the alumni raised a ruckus and convinced the powers that be to reopen the search for a coach. I think the decision to hire Ciocco was a bad decision. Brown was 3-18-1 this season. It will be interesting to see what kind of recruits he gets for them next season. He never had ANY coaching experience prior to coming to UAA.
              Last edited by Suze; 03-16-2017, 07:02 PM.
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Which assistant? Cioccio?
                Last edited by davyd83; 03-12-2017, 03:59 PM.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I understand that it was McDiffet who made the decision to hire Thomas. Otherwise it would have been Corbett. The alumni are the ones responsible for reopening the search for a coach. I think the decision to hire Ciocco was a bad decision. Brown was 3-18-1 this season. It will be interesting to see what kind of recruits he gets for them next season. He never had ANY coaching experience prior to coming to UAA.
                  So if I get this right, an assistant coach who wasn't hired until after this year's recruiting class was completed, and most of next years is done as well is a bad hire because the team has won one less game this year than last?

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                    So if I get this right, an assistant coach who wasn't hired until after this year's recruiting class was completed, and most of next years is done as well is a bad hire because the team has won one less game this year than last?
                    I have no clue if it was a bad hire for Brown. It was a bad hire for UAA. With the record Brown has, Josh has his work cut out for him, like at UAA. As I said, it will be interesting to see what kind of recruits he gets for them NEXT SEASON.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      Which assistant? Cioccio?
                      Yes.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        It was a bad hire for UAA. With the record Brown has, Josh has his work cut out for him, like at UAA. As I said, it will be interesting to see what kind of recruits he gets for them NEXT SEASON.
                        Show me some reasons why it was, and who hired Ege and Mantha?
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          Show me some reasons why it was, and who hired Ege and Mantha?
                          Don't forget Mitchell, Brown, and the smalls who when given space and time are dangerous. The Renouf's, Jackstadt, and Leudtke have all impressed me at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                            Don't forget Mitchell, Brown, and the smalls who when given space and time are dangerous. The Renouf's, Jackstadt, and Leudtke have all impressed me at times.
                            True, but he isn't personally responsible for all of those players coming to UAA, from what I was told. We need one or two pure goal scorers like Matt Bailey. Jackstadt works his tail off every game. I didn't think he was D1 material his rookie season, but he has proven to be one. Maybe my expectations were too high, but considering what prolific scorers the twins were in juniors, I was disappointed in them.
                            Last edited by Suze; 03-12-2017, 08:29 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              True, but he isn't personally responsible for all of those players coming to UAA, from what I was told. We need one or two pure goal scorers like Matt Bailey. Jackstadt works his tail off every game. I didn't think he was D1 material his rookie season, but he has proven to be one. Maybe my expectations were too high, but considering what prolific scorers the twins were in juniors, I was disappointed in them.
                              USHL College Commitments everybody on list committed,saw nobody going to UAA, UAH, or the flagship UAC. we all be last ups.
                              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Mitchell was smart to leave, Brown is getting better and starting to play well, Jackstadt works his tail off, the other three you mention not to impressive for the amount of ice time they were given.

Comment

Working...
                                X