Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Quote Originally Posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
    135 PIMs in 53 games. Looks like ya found the next Dylan Hubbs!
    Actually he reminds me more of Mitchell. That worked out quite well for us! A former UAA assistant coach once told he he would rather have to rein in a player than to have to kick him in the butt to motivate him.

Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    I hope they have some good chemistry between them! Good job coaching staff! That long trip to Flin Flon paid off.
    They can have all the chemistry in the world between each other, doesn't mean anything without that chemistry with their future linemates and team.

Quote Originally Posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
    135 PIMs in 53 games. Looks like ya found the next Dylan Hubbs!
    There are good penalties and bad ones, Hubbs was the king of bad and unnecessary ones. Lavallee's 64 PIM in only 12 playoff games makes you wonder.

Curtis Glencross had 163 PIM in 53 games before he came to UAA, he turned out alright.

Kevin Clark had 250 PIM in 50 games before coming to the Great Land, he also fared pretty good.

Mason Mitchell career junior numbers (PIM in games played): 114 in 21, 195 in 23, 176 in 32, 89 in 43, 103 in 39, 217 in 39. Again turned out well.
    Last edited by AKSWF; 03-17-2017 at 06:49 PM. Reason: facts, try it next time.
    At the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy, UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. Id rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.

Matt Thomas' Record
    (2013-14) 18-16-4
    (2014-15) 8-22-4
    (2015-16) 11-20-3
    (2016-17) 7-21-6
    (Total) 44-79-17

2016-17 Word(s) of the Season: Medicore coaching for 24 years due to administration

Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    They can have all the chemistry in the world between each other, doesn't mean anything without that chemistry with their future linemates and team.
    True, but you don't understand what I am saying. We have guys who have played together on the same junior team, even on the same line. That is a big plus in my mind. Not only will they feel more comfortable on campus, but they know how each other plays the game. In looking over the SKHL 2016-17 league awards, I am so happy to see some of our incoming freshman on the list. Kristian Stead won two awards, MVP and Top Goaltender. He led the league in wins, save percentage, and shutouts.

The SJHLs Most Valuable Player for 2016-2017 is Nipawin Hawks goaltender Kristian Stead. *The 20-year-old has played the third most minutes among SJHL goaltenders, and his save percentage leads the way, hovering at or above the .935% mark for much of the year. His Head Coach and GM Doug Johnson has been around a lot of great goaltenders during his time in Nipawin, but says Stead has set the bar this season. I haven't seen a performance like Stead has put together this year. He has taken his game to another level and the scary thing is he is still getting better. He's working on improving his game every day and it shows. Steader has a very bright future in hockey and is an even better citizen.
    Eric Sinclair won the Leagues Best Defenseman, for the second straight year.

Sinclair has long been regarded as a premier offensive defenseman, but his other intangibles are what separates him from the rest of his peers. *Hes a gamer who has an impact night in and night out, says Bomber bench boss Mike Reagan. *From the first day he came to us, he showed us how much confidence he has and we, quickly, became confident that we were in possession of the best defenseman in the league. *He makes everyone else better.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    I don't recall him playing very well early on, a better version of Hubbs in the first half.
    I thought he played well in the first half of the season. He made a lot of scoring chances for himself, but he didn't get the confidence and start putting the puck in the net until coach paired him up with Anholt.
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Two newest UAA recruits:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=176224

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=186701

Looks like they can both put the puck in the net. This was tweeted on the University Alaska Anchorage page.
    https://twitter.com/search?q=univers...orage&src=typd

Sinclair, who committed to UAA earlier, also played on a line with Lavallee, according to this box score:
    http://sjhl.hockeytech.com/stats/game-summary/5148

I hope they have some good chemistry between them! Good job coaching staff! That long trip to Flin Flon paid off.
    Don't get all hyped about AJHL & SJHL signings. The AJHL is about on par with the NAHL, not quite as good as the BCHL. The SJHL is a little below the AJHL on talent level..

Quote Originally Posted by RapidsCity View Post
    Don't get all hyped about AJHL & SJHL signings. The AJHL is about on par with the NAHL, not quite as good as the BCHL. The SJHL is a little below the AJHL on talent level..
    I'm well aware of that. But we have guys now who came from the SJHL and they are pretty good. 8 years ago it was said that the NAHL was the worst league, but recently I have actually read and heard that it is now close to the USHL. There are diamonds in the rough in every league, you just have to find them.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

I'm well aware of that. But we have guys now who came from the SJHL and they are pretty good. 8 years ago it was said that the NAHL was the worst league, but recently I have actually read and heard that it is now close to the USHL. There are diamonds in the rough in every league, you just have to find them.
    There's no comparison between the NAHL and the USHL. I've seen both leagues this year. It's like comparing the Aces to an AHL team.

We pulled Parayko from the AJHL. Pretty sure Kunyk came from that league, too.

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    There's no comparison between the NAHL and the USHL. I've seen both leagues this year. It's like comparing the Aces to an AHL team.
    5-10 years ago the Aces would've held their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    We pulled Parayko from the AJHL. Pretty sure Kunyk came from that league, too.
    Maybe we just lucked out, but many of all better players came from the AJHL. AJHL players over the last 9 or 10 years:

Dion Knelsen
    Cody Kunyk
    Chad Johnson
    T.J. Campbell
    Colton Parayko

Scott Enders
    Aaron Lee
    Braden Walls
    Brandon Knelsen
    Derek Klassen
    Dustin Sather
    Jeff Lee
    Jeff Young
    Landon Novotney
    Ryan Muspratt
    Eric Babcook
    Jarret Granberg
    Justin Daigle
    Kaare Odegard
    Nik Yaremchuk
    Ron Meyers
    Adam Henderson
    Erik Slemp
    Justin Tateson
    Nolan Kaiser
    Josh Atkinson
    Nolan Huysmans
    John Mullally
    Ryker Leer
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

* lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Aren't kids getting drafted out of the NAHL?

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    Maybe we just lucked out, but many of all better players came from the AJHL. AJHL players over the last 9 or 10 years:

Dion Knelsen
    Cody Kunyk
    Chad Johnson
    T.J. Campbell
    Colton Parayko

Scott Enders
    Aaron Lee
    Braden Walls
    Brandon Knelsen
    Derek Klassen
    Dustin Sather
    Jeff Lee
    Jeff Young
    Landon Novotney
    Ryan Muspratt
    Eric Babcook
    Jarret Granberg
    Justin Daigle
    Kaare Odegard
    Nik Yaremchuk
    Ron Meyers
    Adam Henderson
    Erik Slemp
    Justin Tateson
    Nolan Kaiser
    Josh Atkinson
    Nolan Huysmans
    John Mullally
    Ryker Leer
    Isn't Koberstein AJHL too? He hasn't had huge number for us but he is an Habs draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post

Dion Knelsen
    Cody Kunyk
    Chad Johnson
    T.J. Campbell
    Colton Parayko

Scott Enders
    Aaron Lee
    Braden Walls
    Brandon Knelsen
    Derek Klassen
    Dustin Sather
    Jeff Lee
    Jeff Young
    Landon Novotney
    Ryan Muspratt
    Eric Babcook
    Jarret Granberg
    Justin Daigle
    Kaare Odegard
    Nik Yaremchuk
    Ron Meyers
    Adam Henderson
    Erik Slemp
    Justin Tateson
    Nolan Kaiser
    Josh Atkinson
    Nolan Huysmans
    John Mullally
    Ryker Leer
    The reason most showed up was the Free Pitcher Refills at the UAC Pub.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Isn't Koberstein AJHL too? He hasn't had huge number for us but he is an Habs draft pick.
    Definitely some good players on that list. And there's probably not anyone in college hockey that pulls more talent out of the AJ than Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    That wasn't a pitcher, that was the "Cup"... but it's understandable why Seawolve fans would not be able to recognized it.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

* lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Koberstein was from the USHL, although he did play in the AJ.

Everybody but UAA and UAC. we already knew they didn't.
    You are SO wrong Alaska Hockey. After asking all of the athletic directors, it appears that only Tech, Bowling Green and Ferris give the stipends. Heck, even Mankato doesn't give them. Check your facts buddy.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Check your facts buddy.
    Like that ever stops him.

Like that ever stops him.
    I know, right?

Thread Information