Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 986

Thread: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

  1. #881
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,405

    Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    I bet we will see even more support. A lot of Aces fans showed up at our last game. If UAA hockey goes away, that leaves only high school hockey for fans to watch.
    I'm glad that you have that. Huntsville Havoc fans (admittedly a way way way way way inferior hockey product to the Aces) wouldn't spit on us if we were on fire.

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  2. #882
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,301

    Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

    I cut and pasted this from an email:

    "To earn recognition as a member of the WCHA All-Academic Team, student-athletes must have completed one year of eligibility at their present institution prior to the current academic year, have a grade-point average of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale) for the previous two semesters or three quarters, or may qualify if overall GPA is at least 3.0 for all terms at the present institution.
    Receiving the honor for the Seawolves were; Cam Amantea, Matt Anholt, Austin Azurdia, Jarrett Brown, Brad Duwe, Nicolas Erb-Ekholm, Dylan Hubbs, Alex Jackstadt, Tad Kozun, Olivier Mantha, Mason Mitchell, Jonah Renouf, Nathan Renouf, Eric Roberts and Chase Van Allen."

  3. #883
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,189

    Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    I cut and pasted this from an email:

    "To earn recognition as a member of the WCHA All-Academic Team, student-athletes must have completed one year of eligibility at their present institution prior to the current academic year, have a grade-point average of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale) for the previous two semesters or three quarters, or may qualify if overall GPA is at least 3.0 for all terms at the present institution.
    Receiving the honor for the Seawolves were; Cam Amantea, Matt Anholt, Austin Azurdia, Jarrett Brown, Brad Duwe, Nicolas Erb-Ekholm, Dylan Hubbs, Alex Jackstadt, Tad Kozun, Olivier Mantha, Mason Mitchell, Jonah Renouf, Nathan Renouf, Eric Roberts and Chase Van Allen."
    Congrats to all of them! Well done, and not an easy task to be a student athlete!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  4. #884
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Everybody but UAA and UAC. we already knew they didn't.
    After asking around all I know so far is that Bowling Green and Tech pays stipends. Lake Superior, Mankato and Bemidji do not. Still waiting for more replies. I guess you were told incorrect info Alaska Hockey.

    Edit: I thought I had read Mankato did give COA stipends, but their AD emailed me that they do not. So, with UAA and UAF added in, so far half of the league does NOT pay this to the students athletes.
    Last edited by Suze; 03-10-2017 at 09:09 PM.

  5. #885
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,696

    Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    After asking around all I know so far is that Bowling Green and Mankato do pay stipends. Lake Superior does not. Still waiting for more replies.
    Bemidji State does not.
    Millsy

    NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!


    "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

    BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

  6. #886
    mmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,484

    Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

    Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    After asking around all I know so far is that Bowling Green and Mankato do pay stipends. Lake Superior does not. Still waiting for more replies.
    We would but then we would have to cut a compliance auditor or something like that.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF

    * lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

  7. #887
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,301

    Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    We would but then we would have to cut a compliance auditor or something like that.
    I see where your ex said adios to Walt Kyle.
    Wonder how much of that was his hockey record and how much was the compliance thing?

  8. #888
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    18

    Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    I see where your ex said adios to Walt Kyle.
    Wonder how much of that was his hockey record and how much was the compliance thing?
    Lets hire Walt Kyle as a new head coach. He is use to working on a smaller budget than UAA and developing a competitive team.

  9. #889
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    108

    Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

    Quote Originally Posted by USCH1 View Post
    Lets hire Walt Kyle as a new head coach. He is use to working on a smaller budget than UAA and developing a competitive team.
    What's your policy on hiring felons?
    Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

  10. #890
    Suze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    21,189

    Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

    Quote Originally Posted by USCH1 View Post
    Lets hire Walt Kyle as a new head coach. He is use to working on a smaller budget than UAA and developing a competitive team.
    He has a better record than any of the UAA coaches have had.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

  11. #891
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,301

    Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    I see where your ex said adios to Walt Kyle.
    Wonder how much of that was his hockey record and how much was the compliance thing?
    Seems he perhaps, maybe, didn't comply with some rules not set by the NCAA

  12. #892
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    5,875
    Quote Originally Posted by BGDrew View Post
    What's your policy on hiring felons?
    Who has been convicted? Isn't one innocent until proven guilty?

  13. #893
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,301

    Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Who has been convicted? Isn't one innocent until proven guilty?
    Only in a court of law.
    In the court of public opinion?
    Not so much.

  14. #894
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    5,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    I see where your ex said adios to Walt Kyle.
    Wonder how much of that was his hockey record and how much was the compliance thing?
    What compliance thing? There have been no compliance issues at NMU

  15. #895
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    5,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Only in a court of law.
    In the court of public opinion?
    Not so much.
    Think of all the money the government could save if we eliminated the court system. Just post 3 paragraphs online. And the first 12 response, if unanimous, bring a conviction.

  16. #896
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,301

    Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    What compliance thing? There have been no compliance issues at NMU
    Take Forrest's history. Give a compliance officer and Walt some time off together. Don't renew a contract.
    You're right "there have been no compliance issues at NMU".
    Didn't mean to hit a nerve.

  17. #897
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    5,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Take Forrest's history. Give a compliance officer and Walt some time off together. Don't renew a contract.
    You're right "there have been no compliance issues at NMU".
    Didn't mean to hit a nerve.
    The compliance officer is his now wife. HR did a thorough investigation and found no wrongdoing, other in regards to University policy or NCAA rules.

  18. #898
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,612

    Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Think of all the money the government could save if we eliminated the court system. Just post 3 paragraphs online. And the first 12 response, if unanimous, bring a conviction.
    Hicks would be in trouble.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  19. #899
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,405

    Re: UAA `16-17 Let's end this thing with a BANG

    Quote Originally Posted by BGDrew View Post
    What's your policy on hiring felons?
    Is this your mortgage, Larry?

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  20. #900
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by USCH1 View Post
    Lets hire Walt Kyle as a new head coach. He is use to working on a smaller budget than UAA and developing a competitive team.
    He'd certainly fit into Alaska. While I don't watch enough of NMU hockey to fully determine if they are dirty or not, I'd want my team to steer away from Kyle. While his "success" is admittedly dreamy, nothing is going to change until the program gets enough money funnled into it. Coaches (all kinds of caliber) have come and gone, and nothing has changed. Again, doing things the same way and expecting different results defines?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •