Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks: 2016-17 Season Thread

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    TurboZone isn't very useful for those of us who want nothing to do with GCI!
    100% agreed. However this was the only way this was going to happen without paying an exorbitant amount of money for the fiber to be installed.
    Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Don't blame WCHA TV. It's the local groups that won't give them the bandwidth to push the product out that cause chaos. At LSSU, the media get the thrill of competing with the fans for the wireless.
      All of the Michigan Schools are co-owners of the Merit Network. They don't have any issues with bandwidth as it relates to WCHA TV. There is plenty.

Yes, LSSU only has an open wireless network in Taffy Abel Arena so you'll have to compete with the fans to check your scores. That is completely unrelated to WCHA TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
        100% agreed. However this was the only way this was going to happen without paying an exorbitant amount of money for the fiber to be installed.
        Does this mean GCI is over their butthurt against UAF and will start broadcasting our home games again?
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Final average attendance was 2,194, not counting the games at the Patty Center. Our biggest crowd was the last home game against Lake Superior State. Smallest crowd, ironically enough, was the Friday night game against LSSU.

WCHA scheduling stinks but it is what it is. It's hard to get much fan momentum when your biggest rival is over the holidays, plus games on Thanksgiving weekend and a six week road trip.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

'Nooks are headed to Mankato next weekend.

In the meantime, take care of business tomorrow, boys.

Comment

Does this mean GCI is over their butthurt against UAF and will start broadcasting our home games again?
              I've seen several of your home games on GCI, but they are always tape delayed. Are they not aired in Fairbanks? Do you really want them to? I wish the UAA games were NOT on TV. At least not live.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Have Geof run the numbers for you as UAC is a diminutive market in the big picture. UAC best bet is RATNet live a week later and only single channel.

But..... there is light at the end of the tunnel with 4 new residents with a Meth business coming to _airbanks from the village of Allakaket and Chief PJ J Simon sent them packing He said as a big fan of the nanooks he will try to get all the banishment's sent to _airbanks so when you get 100,000 more sent in you will be a bigger, smarter, media market and will be able to start to break into bigger time media. I think that is the only way you will get more honorable people dumb enough to move there.
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                  Have Geof run the numbers for you as UAC is a diminutive market in the big picture. UAC best bet is RATNet live a week later and only single channel.

But..... there is light at the end of the tunnel with 4 new residents with a Meth business coming to _airbanks from the village of Allakaket and Chief PJ J Simon sent them packing He said as a big fan of the nanooks he will try to get all the banishment's sent to _airbanks so when you get 100,000 more sent in you will be a bigger, smarter, media market and will be able to start to break into bigger time media. I think that is the only way you will get more honorable people dumb enough to move there.
                  Playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    I've seen several of your home games on GCI, but they are always tape delayed. Are they not aired in Fairbanks? Do you really want them to? I wish the UAA games were NOT on TV. At least not live.
                    No idea, I dumped GCI years ago.

Comment

Congrats, Nooks, on winning another Cup
                      "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

• Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
                        WOOOOO! Thank you for that.

On to Mankato.
                        Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
                          Thanks. Glad we pulled it out...two weird games for varying reasons.

On to Mankato.

Comment

Thanks. Glad we pulled it out...two weird games for varying reasons.

On to Mankato.
                            Good luck in Mankato. They are gonna need it. But it is definitely doable by this Nanook team. I was looking at your roster last night, and was shocked by how many freshmen and sophmores you guys have. Should be an even better team next season.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Governors cup champions again!! I enjoyed being there last night for the 7th out of the last 8 times raising the cup! Having two close games definitely made it more exciting, amazing how it seems like it is always a one goal game. First time seeing a game winning goal in overtime on an empty net, But it's the Gov Cup so I'm not surprised. On to Mankato now, we have been fairly even with the mavericks the last few years. We just can't be letting them score 7 goals a game as we did in the losses this year. Hoping Basara is back healthy for next week. The one thing this group of players has never done is win a playoff series. Let's end that now! Go Nanooks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                Final average attendance was 2,194, not counting the games at the Patty Center. Our biggest crowd was the last home game against Lake Superior State. Smallest crowd, ironically enough, was the Friday night game against LSSU.

WCHA scheduling stinks but it is what it is. It's hard to get much fan momentum when your biggest rival is over the holidays, plus games on Thanksgiving weekend and a six week road trip.
                                Scheduling was goofier than usual because of the decision cut a week off the regular season for an extra round of playoffs. As for playing at home on break, two weekends are affected by Turkey Break and generally three to four playing weekends by Christmas break. It's inevitable that you'll have to play some home games during break, however, IMO, those should never be rivalry games, unless you have a very early Spring break the last regular season weekend.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X