Alaska Nanooks: 2016-17 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
    HA. I guess that's why he ended up flat on his face? Erickson doesn't know his own strength. I realize I have the luxury of watching the video. Do you know how silly this sounds? Whaaaa, he skated through our circle. Whaaa. Don't mind me, just gearing up for next weekend. Let the insults fly!
    Mocking our fake crying? Is that what you meant by gearing up for next weekend? For the real tears that will flow from UAA? But for real, should be a good weekend next week!

Comment

• Re: Alaska Nanooks: 2016-17 Season Thread

Originally posted by mmf View Post
      Just watched WCHA TV On-Demand (which btw is a POS for watching replays). The fracas was started by us.
      Erickson accosted an LSSU player skating toward their rink exit, which started the whole thing. Go to 02:31:42
      At least some of your fans are willing to call it like it is.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
        I watched it numerous times on my recording.
        This...does not surprise me.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          Actually I watched it once. It was Mr Suze who kept asking me to replay it. HA!
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            She does have a strange obsession with the Nanooks.

Comment

WCHA TV is a laughing stock.
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                Yes.

Game is (was) being streamed for free on YouTube.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Radio feed is not working either.
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Somebody tell the UAF announcer his mic is so hot on the YouTube feed. LOL. He's dropping F bombs like a boss!!!

Comment

Three really good periods of hockey this weekend, the last two on Friday and the first period tonight. Four points on the weekend is much better than scoring zero goals but we have pretty much lost our slim chance at home ice. Now on to anchorage, let's get that Cup for the eighth year in a row and avoid playing at Tech or Bemidji in the first round. Go Nanooks!!

Comment

Time to take out the green and gold Death Star. Beat UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          Don't blame WCHA TV. It's the local groups that won't give them the bandwidth to push the product out that cause chaos. At LSSU, the media get the thrill of competing with the fans for the wireless.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            Don't blame WCHA TV. It's the local groups that won't give them the bandwidth to push the product out that cause chaos. At LSSU, the media get the thrill of competing with the fans for the wireless.
                            The issue the other night was with Stretch. Carlson Center wifi doesn't work even without a streaming service trying to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                              The issue the other night was with Stretch. Carlson Center wifi doesn't work even without a streaming service trying to use it.
                              We pushed hard on the Carlson Center to do something about the internet situation, and between UAF, the Borough, and GCI it got done. GCI got to come in and plum the place full of wireless for their TurboZone shtick, with an agreement that they would get us dedicated fiber for audio and video streaming. And we got it. Our video (resolution and clarity, camera work - meh...) has been stellar all year. We just get sacked because of the time difference that their service outages impact us and their support desk gets closed...
                              Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                                We pushed hard on the Carlson Center to do something about the internet situation, and between UAF, the Borough, and GCI it got done. GCI got to come in and plum the place full of wireless for their TurboZone shtick, with an agreement that they would get us dedicated fiber for audio and video streaming. And we got it. Our video (resolution and clarity, camera work - meh...) has been stellar all year. We just get sacked because of the time difference that their service outages impact us and their support desk gets closed...
                                TurboZone isn't very useful for those of us who want nothing to do with GCI!

Comment

Working...
                                X