Alaska Nanooks: 2016-17 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
    I knew Denali was on the left going north...which side is Mt. McKinley on?
    The right side, somewhere near Ohio.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: Alaska Nanooks: 2016-17 Season Thread

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      Delta hasn't flown ANC-FAI in about 15 years.

And sit on the left for the mountain view going north.
      I only mentioned competition, Delta is cheaper leaving from FBX compared to ANC. That and the lower rates after the PFD sale are also contributing.
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
        I knew Denali was on the left going north...which side is Mt. McKinley on?
        I grew up on Mt. McKinley, and honestly it sounds better. Do you ******** of the north refer to it more as Denali, specifically before the name change?
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
          I grew up on Mt. McKinley, and honestly it sounds better. Do you ******** of the north refer to it more as Denali, specifically before the name change?
          Don’t gets uppity I call it what it is ...... the same as before. ...................Healy
          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
            I only mentioned competition, Delta is cheaper leaving from FBX compared to ANC. That and the lower rates after the PFD sale are also contributing.
            True.

USCHO...where we cover hockey and related airfare.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Who was the mastermind behind this week in _airbanks ? AFN, Ice Dogs, Nanook Hockey, volley ball,& swimming,

If I was mmf I would be running a bootleg cab this weekend. it will be gridlock ...

even the bums are leasing out tent spots on AIR B&B
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                Who was the mastermind behind this week in _airbanks ? AFN, Ice Dogs, Nanook Hockey, volley ball,& swimming,

If I was mmf I would be running a bootleg cab this weekend. it will be gridlock ...

Yep, we got bumped out of the Carlson for AFN. The original masterplan was to get MSU to play an outdoor game on Ballaine Lake near campus (just skate around the soft spots), but they settled for the Patty Practice Rink on campus, which is only slightly better than Ballaine Lake. The ice itself I believe is OK (small rink) but seating is terrible, locker rooms are worse, no workable sound system, and NO BEER. We can only hope that MSU will be so focused on our pitiful rink that they'll forget to play hockey.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                  Yep, we got bumped out of the Carlson for AFN. The original masterplan was to get MSU to play an outdoor game on Ballaine Lake near campus (just skate around the soft spots), but they settled for the Patty Practice Rink on campus, which is only slightly better than Ballaine Lake. The ice itself I believe is OK (small rink) but seating is terrible, locker rooms are worse, no workable sound system, and NO BEER. We can only hope that MSU will be so focused on our pitiful rink that they'll forget to play hockey.

Go Nooks!

Best chance to "sell out " all year and that dam swim team is in town........

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post

$5.5 million estimated economic impact on the FNSB. That pays for a lot of dumpsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      $5.5 million estimated economic impact on the FNSB. That pays for a lot of dumpsters.
                      Is your game going to be televised at the Patty?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                        Is your game going to be televised at the Patty?
                        It better be. ......... or who will be doing the refunds on wcha tv?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          It better be. ......... or who will be doing the refunds on wcha tv?
                          It is. Quality might match the early 90's.

Comment

Just looked at the score of the UA_ / Mankato game. This is going to be a brutal year for the Alaska teams.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Well that escalated quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                Just looked at the score of the UA_ / Mankato game. This is going to be a brutal year for the Alaska teams.
                                You can thank Johnsen plus a useless legislature. They've tanked our recruiting because of this BS. I still think the Nanooks will surprise a few people once our 12 freshman catch up with D1 hockey, but there is a definite talent gap.

Comment

Working...
                                X