Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Potter out at Ohio State

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Players wanting to know where they stand is normal and no different on any team. I am not sure how this can be perceived as being a negative. The new staff may be delayed for a month or so assessing the talent they have however if it is someone close to the WCHA or women's D1 hockey in general, this should not be a disabler or an issue. The challenge for the new coach will be to convince 2017-2018 recruits that OSU is still a great option for them and that they should honor their commitments. There lies the challenge. A recognizable name will help that goes without saying. Not sure that brining in the former UMD coach is the answer however one cannot deny her past successes. Interesting challenge for all of those involved and I continue to believe that this is a great opportunity for a strong assistant or for a HC who is at one of the smaller schools.
    All great points Puck. I agree with you regarding the 17-18 recruits. I already heard rumblings of kids from this class looking elsewhere. Problem is most teams have their recruiting class sealed up for that year. Unfortunate situation for the kids. I also agree that a recognizable name would help settle things down. This is why I mentioned Miller. I believe she stuck her name in for the opening when Potter was hired. She definitely has something to prove (at least in her own narcissistic mind).

Comment

Originally posted by 2Bladedskates View Post
      Who do they find to coach at this late hour? Well, IMO it needs to be someone desperate for a job and who is currently unemployed. Hmmmmmmmmm? Does Shannon Miller give up her bicycle business to return to coaching? Stay tuned.
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - you must really HATE OSU - hahahahahahahahaha

Originally posted by 2Bladedskates View Post
      I agree with you regarding the 17-18 recruits. I already heard rumblings of kids from this class looking elsewhere. Problem is most teams have their recruiting class sealed up for that year. Unfortunate situation for the kids. I also agree that a recognizable name would help settle things down.
      I assume they can walk away this year without any penalty but there is no way they could be sure to catch on unless a team is short already. What they could do, as well as next years kids, would be to find a place they fit and agree to a redshirt year. But that is still a risk & they need a school & team they want & that wants them
      Last edited by ne7minder; 08-22-2016, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
        HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - you must really HATE OSU - hahahahahahahahaha
        Who doesn't? That's who I was vaguely hinting at. She'd be a perfect fit.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

As long as the next coach doesn't yell at the girls to "get hor*y for the puck" I think they'll be doing ok. Wonder how that low-life conceited bast*rd is doing these days?! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Who doesn't?
            Hey, now. I get into enough trouble without being egged on.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
              As long as the next coach doesn't yell at the girls to "get hor*y for the puck" I think they'll be doing ok. Wonder how that low-life conceited bast*rd is doing these days?! Lol.
              Its amazing the things you can say about someone when you can be anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by nhandrahan View Post
                Not very sporting of you to either A) use your real name or B) use someone else's real name. I wish someone called smiller would start posting. THAT would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Not very sporting of you to either A) use your real name or B) use someone else's real name. I wish someone called smiller would start posting. THAT would be fun.
                  Honestly, Shelfit's comments crossed the line and this isn't the first time he does. His post was totally uncalled for and not humorous to anyone other than himself. It would be good for his access to this forum to be "shelved".

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                    Honestly, Shelfit's comments crossed the line and this isn't the first time he does. His post was totally uncalled for and not humorous to anyone other than himself. It would be good for his access to this forum to be "shelved".
                    I thought line 1 of the post was LOL funny. Line 2 wasn't at all. Personal attacks should not be tolerated.

Comment

I want this to be real SO BAD
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        I want this to be real SO BAD
                        which part?

Comment

which part?
                          PLEASE!!...you gotta try harder than that

Comment

I can promise you that it is real and not a fake acct.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeynut View Post
                              Trinity11 was so nice with those that questioned the OSU hire.

Wonder if Trinity11 (cough... Rob) will make an appearance now?
                              Crickets

Comment

Looks like Carson Duggan is out as a candidate. Now an Assistant at UCONN.

Comment

Working...
                                X