Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State 2016-2017: From Forgotten to Hated

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Only one 6 point sweep for us since October (and you know who that was), so I'm not betting sweep! Just looking for points.
    ABOVE essentially figures that any multi-goal game is going to be won by the Mavericks and that they'll win more of the one-goal games. Anything getting into OT this year is a crapshoot.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/3...oms-canadiens/
      More Brickley NHL talk (#25 in Friedman's 30 Thoughts). Will be an interesting off-season.

Now, how about a big crowd this weekend? And some streak-busting?

Comment

Nice win tonight. No drama with the Tolvanen streak. Game decided in the first period. Flanagan bandwagon was awesome for those in or near section 219. They were entertaining. Now for the sweep and on to Bemidji.

Comment

Originally posted by ole ole ole ole View Post
          Flanagan bandwagon was awesome for those in or near section 219. They were entertaining.
          My seats are in 219. Flan's Fans got themselves tossed out. I was told that they decided to slap a security person on the butt.
          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/wcha-blog/2017/...earned-feb-19/

Looks like Sean needs to brush up on what schools are in the conference. Check out the "3rd thing we learned"

Comment

Looks like Sean needs to brush up on what schools are in the conference. Check out the "3rd thing we learned"
              You'd think a college hockey writer would know 2 things - 1. Which teams are in which conferences; and 2. Michigan State isn't good enough to sweep anybody.

Comment

You'd think a college hockey writer would know 2 things - 1. Which teams are in which conferences; and 2. Michigan State isn't good enough to sweep anybody.
                I suspect he wrote that in a real hurry. It's not like he get's paid a ton of money to do it after all.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Looks like attempt number two went wrong also... UGH

Comment

Looks like attempt number two went wrong also... UGH
                    Bwahahaha...that's kinda funny. Sad, but funny.
                    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota State 2016-2017: From Forgotten to Hated

The formula now is simple. Our goaltending needs to be as good as last night. Then win the next 5 games, and if we need to have a hic up, it needs to be this coming weekend.

Comment

Not that it makes any difference, but I hadn't been paying any attention to the Pairwise (for obvious reasons) and decided to see what it looked like just now. The Mavericks are the highest-ranked WCHA team at 25. Bemidji is 27, Michigan Tech is 28, Bowling Green 38. I guess I didn't expect that.
                        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                          Not that it makes any difference, but I hadn't been paying any attention to the Pairwise (for obvious reasons) and decided to see what it looked like just now. The Mavericks are the highest-ranked WCHA team at 25. Bemidji is 27, Michigan Tech is 28, Bowling Green 38. I guess I didn't expect that.
                          Some decent non-conference wins, including a road win over a Princeton team that's at least turned out to be average. Minnesota is sitting surprisingly high in the Pairwise, and we did get one win against them.

Comment

Well, the Mavs control their own fate now. Win tomorrow (or later today, depending on how you look at it) and they get home-ice for a championship game against Bowling Green. Lose and the season is over.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                              Well, the Mavs control their own fate now. Win tomorrow (or later today, depending on how you look at it) and they get home-ice for a championship game against Bowling Green. Lose and the season is over.
                              Gritty defensive effort. We made everything hard for Tech last night. But I don't think one goal is going to be enough today. We're going to have to find more offense.

Comment

Gritty defensive effort. We made everything hard for Tech last night. But I don't think one goal is going to be enough today. We're going to have to find more offense.
                                And one goal wasn't enough. Turn out the lights, the party's over. Time for an off-season thread, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X