Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Minnesota State 2016-2017: From Forgotten to Hated

Watch out for the bull!

Re: Minnesota State 2016-2017: From Forgotten to Hated

Not that it makes any difference, but I hadn't been paying any attention to the Pairwise (for obvious reasons) and decided to see what it looked like just now. The Mavericks are the highest-ranked WCHA team at 25. Bemidji is 27, Michigan Tech is 28, Bowling Green 38. I guess I didn't expect that.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan View Post
    Not that it makes any difference, but I hadn't been paying any attention to the Pairwise (for obvious reasons) and decided to see what it looked like just now. The Mavericks are the highest-ranked WCHA team at 25. Bemidji is 27, Michigan Tech is 28, Bowling Green 38. I guess I didn't expect that.
    Some decent non-conference wins, including a road win over a Princeton team that's at least turned out to be average. Minnesota is sitting surprisingly high in the Pairwise, and we did get one win against them.

Watch out for the bull!

Well, the Mavs control their own fate now. Win tomorrow (or later today, depending on how you look at it) and they get home-ice for a championship game against Bowling Green. Lose and the season is over.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan View Post
    Well, the Mavs control their own fate now. Win tomorrow (or later today, depending on how you look at it) and they get home-ice for a championship game against Bowling Green. Lose and the season is over.
    Gritty defensive effort. We made everything hard for Tech last night. But I don't think one goal is going to be enough today. We're going to have to find more offense.

Watch out for the bull!

Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Gritty defensive effort. We made everything hard for Tech last night. But I don't think one goal is going to be enough today. We're going to have to find more offense.
    And one goal wasn't enough. Turn out the lights, the party's over. Time for an off-season thread, I guess.

Still upright

I just want to say how well your guys played last night. It was an honor to watch a team like that and they played very, very, hard. You should be proud of those guys. I also wonder what you thought of the refereeing?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    I just want to say how well your guys played last night. It was an honor to watch a team like that and they played very, very, hard. You should be proud of those guys. I also wonder what you thought of the refereeing?
    I don't think the referees played any significant role. Franklin did appear to have both feet in the crease on Brickley's shot. The first 6 man call was obvious. In fact, we played that way for several seconds. The second one was iffy, but not outrageously so. The better team took the series. Best of luck on Saturday!

TSN's Bob McKenzie reporting that Daniel Brickley is returning to Mankato next year! I never begrudge a kid moving on, but from a selfish perspective, I'll be glad to see him in purple again next year.

Watch out for the bull!

Since I listened on radio, it's hard to have an opinion on the refereeing. Good luck against BG!

I see that Sean Flanagan and Michael Huntebrinker are playing together in the ECHL for the Reading Royals.

Quote Originally Posted by ole ole ole ole View Post
    I see that Sean Flanagan and Michael Huntebrinker are playing together in the ECHL for the Reading Royals.
    Matt Salhany (UAH) is there with them.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Quote Originally Posted by ole ole ole ole View Post
    As is Johnny McInnis
    Last edited by Iwearpurple; 03-23-2017 at 05:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Thread Information