Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota State 2016-2017: From Forgotten to Hated

Watch out for the bull!

Re: Minnesota State 2016-2017: From Forgotten to Hated

Not that it makes any difference, but I hadn't been paying any attention to the Pairwise (for obvious reasons) and decided to see what it looked like just now. The Mavericks are the highest-ranked WCHA team at 25. Bemidji is 27, Michigan Tech is 28, Bowling Green 38. I guess I didn't expect that.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan View Post
    Not that it makes any difference, but I hadn't been paying any attention to the Pairwise (for obvious reasons) and decided to see what it looked like just now. The Mavericks are the highest-ranked WCHA team at 25. Bemidji is 27, Michigan Tech is 28, Bowling Green 38. I guess I didn't expect that.
    Some decent non-conference wins, including a road win over a Princeton team that's at least turned out to be average. Minnesota is sitting surprisingly high in the Pairwise, and we did get one win against them.

Watch out for the bull!

Well, the Mavs control their own fate now. Win tomorrow (or later today, depending on how you look at it) and they get home-ice for a championship game against Bowling Green. Lose and the season is over.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan View Post
    Well, the Mavs control their own fate now. Win tomorrow (or later today, depending on how you look at it) and they get home-ice for a championship game against Bowling Green. Lose and the season is over.
    Gritty defensive effort. We made everything hard for Tech last night. But I don't think one goal is going to be enough today. We're going to have to find more offense.

Watch out for the bull!

Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Gritty defensive effort. We made everything hard for Tech last night. But I don't think one goal is going to be enough today. We're going to have to find more offense.
    And one goal wasn't enough. Turn out the lights, the party's over. Time for an off-season thread, I guess.

Still upright

I just want to say how well your guys played last night. It was an honor to watch a team like that and they played very, very, hard. You should be proud of those guys. I also wonder what you thought of the refereeing?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    I just want to say how well your guys played last night. It was an honor to watch a team like that and they played very, very, hard. You should be proud of those guys. I also wonder what you thought of the refereeing?
    I don't think the referees played any significant role. Franklin did appear to have both feet in the crease on Brickley's shot. The first 6 man call was obvious. In fact, we played that way for several seconds. The second one was iffy, but not outrageously so. The better team took the series. Best of luck on Saturday!

TSN's Bob McKenzie reporting that Daniel Brickley is returning to Mankato next year! I never begrudge a kid moving on, but from a selfish perspective, I'll be glad to see him in purple again next year.

Watch out for the bull!

Since I listened on radio, it's hard to have an opinion on the refereeing. Good luck against BG!

I see that Sean Flanagan and Michael Huntebrinker are playing together in the ECHL for the Reading Royals.

Quote Originally Posted by ole ole ole ole View Post
    I see that Sean Flanagan and Michael Huntebrinker are playing together in the ECHL for the Reading Royals.
    Matt Salhany (UAH) is there with them.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Quote Originally Posted by ole ole ole ole View Post
    As is Johnny McInnis
    Last edited by Iwearpurple; 03-23-2017 at 06:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Belle Plaine by way of Mankato and Fairfax, MN

WHOA!!! MSU is renegotiating a 10-year deal with Hastings that would last until 2028.

http://msumavericks.com/news/2017/3/...m-offered.aspx

And, there is discussion on increasing the level of financial commitment to the program from the University.

Good for your program!

Quote Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    WHOA!!! MSU is renegotiating a 10-year deal with Hastings that would last until 2028.

http://msumavericks.com/news/2017/3/...m-offered.aspx
    That is one weird press release. Most schools don't talk about contracts until they're done. Is this a situation where they're pressuring Hastings to take it by making the offer public?

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Still courting the NCHC?

"In addition to the term extension, the two sides are still negotiating an increase in compensation and other improvements to the programs, including implementing cost of attendance stipends, staffing commitments and enhancements to the travel and recruiting budgets. "
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    That is one weird press release. Most schools don't talk about contracts until they're done. Is this a situation where they're pressuring Hastings to take it by making the offer public?

GFM
    There are some weird ways of doing things in the mnscu system. When he took the job, they had to do a press conference as the last part of his "interview". It's all about public disclosure.

I would guess it's mere formality at this point. Essentially, they just need to work out the little details and sign the contract (and maybe lock down finding from donors).

Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    Still courting the NCHC?

"In addition to the term extension, the two sides are still negotiating an increase in compensation and other improvements to the programs, including implementing cost of attendance stipends, staffing commitments and enhancements to the travel and recruiting budgets. "
    That's how I would read it as well.

lucky penguin

Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
    They're trying to recruit(or in some cases keep) kids that were being told by other schools that Hastings was leaving for Omaha. That press release clears up any uncertainty on the matter.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    They're trying to recruit(or in some cases keep) kids that were being told by other schools that Hastings was leaving for Omaha. That press release clears up any uncertainty on the matter.
    Signing day is 2 weeks away.

Thread Information