No announcement yet.

Minnesota State 2016-2017: From Forgotten to Hated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well it was nice to see them come back and get a split. Next weekends series is a big one as Princeton is obviously not a push over after sweeping Quinnipiac and Bemidji. So it will help pairwise for sure if we can get a road sweep, also be nice to finish the first half on a high note. After this I will see them in Alabama as we are heading down for those games.
    All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
      well it was nice to see them come back and get a split. Next weekends series is a big one as Princeton is obviously not a push over after sweeping Quinnipiac and Bemidji. So it will help pairwise for sure if we can get a road sweep, also be nice to finish the first half on a high note. After this I will see them in Alabama as we are heading down for those games.
      Good to see them battle back from 2 down. They haven't given up on the season yet. I do think the talent is there, and at times it shows, but the consistency is really missing.

Enjoy Huntsville. It sounds like a fun trip!

Comment

Re: Minnesota State 2016-2017: From Forgotten to Hated

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
        Good to see them battle back from 2 down. They haven't given up on the season yet. I do think the talent is there, and at times it shows, but the consistency is really missing.

Enjoy Huntsville. It sounds like a fun trip!
        We try to make it one.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

This season is slipping away. Losing to Princeton on the road is one thing; getting absolutely smoked is another.
          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
            This season is slipping away. Losing to Princeton on the road is one thing; getting absolutely smoked is another.
            Yes we have to show up each night. However we have to give Princeton some kudos. They swept Q last week and swept Bemidji in Bemidji. Both top 20 team and also us at 19. Hopefully we show up tonight....

Comment

A much needed win. I think we adjusted to some realities last night: Our goaltending is mediocre, and you couple that with Foguth's injury and it means we need to take more chances. This will mean wild momentum swings (Blowing 2 2-goal leads), but it will also free up our best players to go at it on the offensive end (Look at the top line's production last night). If we continue with this higher-risk strategy, buckle up! It could be a wild ride ahead!

Comment

http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2017/01...gan-tech-1604/

This weekend is for third.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Watching the WCHA.TV feed, I have to admit that the commercials running between the periods are freakin' hilarious. Makes up for BG's mediocre play. Kudos.

Comment

Well, that sucked.
                    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Showed some heart last night. We have to get to that level of effort and intensity every night. Franklin was the best player on the ice every shift. Stepan is coming on. We can still make some noise this year.

Comment

MSU has a pretty good shot at picking up lots of points this weekend.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Haven't taken more than 4 from anyone at home since early October. I'd like to think we can be good all weekend, but so far our only consistency has been our inconsistency.

Comment

Well, three tonight.

Comment

[url=http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2017/02/02/2016-17-wcha-week-18-series-55-prediction-minnesota-state-1623-at-alaska-anchorage-1350/][u]I have you pulling off the sweep about 60% of the time, but you simply must beware. UAA is dangerous.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                [url=http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2017/02/02/2016-17-wcha-week-18-series-55-prediction-minnesota-state-1623-at-alaska-anchorage-1350/][u]I have you pulling off the sweep about 60% of the time, but you simply must beware. UAA is dangerous.

GFM
                                Only one 6 point sweep for us since October (and you know who that was), so I'm not betting sweep! Just looking for points.

Comment

Working...
                                X