X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2016-17: Destination Tampa

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    From the clemson fanboy
    What is your rationale for Washington ahead of Clemson?
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

It doesn't matter where clemson drops too anyway because they will still be ahead of louisville based on head to head and mich-osu loser falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Pitt might be #25 because of 2 top 10 wins in the CFP. They kind of make ish up after the top 10
        Exactly. Pitt could wind up having victories over both the ACC and B1G champions. They aren't a great team, and got extremely lucky to escape Death Valley (with the help of numerous phantom calls), but they aren't a slouch either.
        North Dakota

Comment

It doesn't matter where clemson drops too anyway because they will still be ahead of louisville based on head to head and mich-osu loser falls out.
          Again, what's your rationale for having Washington stay at 4, and Clemson dropping from 2 to 5?

Because USC dominated Washington at Washington, despite being a similar quality team to Pitt, who escaped Death Valley with some help from the stripes? No.

Because Washington has won more quality games than Clemson? No.

Because Washington has played one of the easiest schedules in all of major college football? No.

Because Washington was ranked ahead of Clemson coming into the weekend? No.
          North Dakota

Comment

Dude shut up already. I get you are a clemson fanboy, i'm not wasting my time arguing with you over this. I already gave you my rationale and you had a coronary. Like i said though, doesn't matter where clemson drops to.

Comment

If they win rest of their games, they will make playoff.

Comment

Dude shut up already. I get you are a clemson fanboy, i'm not wasting my time arguing with you over this. I already gave you my rationale and you had a coronary. Like i said though, doesn't matter where clemson drops to.
                Classy.

At least I can back up my arguments with actual, logical points.

So, USC, who has beaten exactly nobody, dominates Washington at Washington. Pitt, who now has wins over two Top 10 teams, lucks into a win at Death Valley. And somehow, getting dominated by USC is a better loss? Then, throw in that Clemson has the better victories, stronger schedule, and was higher ranked coming into the weekend. And yeah...Washington should be ranked ahead. Lunacy.

I get it, you are anti-Clemson, but I figured you would at least be someone who could follow reason and logic. Guess I was wrong.
                North Dakota

Comment

I am anti clemson? That is news to me

Comment

I am anti clemson? That is news to me
                    It shouldn't be. BC treats Clemson as a rival.
                    North Dakota

Comment

I do love how pitt gets credit for beating a top 10 team in penn state when penn state was a totally different team back then. Yet usc hasn't beaten anybody even though they beat #12 Colorado. Try being consistent at least. But i'm sure now you'll tell me colorado is overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        It shouldn't be. BC treats Clemson as a rival.
                        Haha that's funny. I don't know a single BC person who considers clemson a rival. You're barking up the wrong tree here. I am not anti clemson.

Comment

Dude shut up already. I get you are a clemson fanboy, i'm not wasting my time arguing with you over this. I already gave you my rationale...
                          Nice spaz and where is the rationale you provided? I haven't seen it.

Comment

I do love how pitt gets credit for beating a top 10 team in penn state when penn state was a totally different team back then. Yet usc hasn't beaten anybody even though they beat #12 Colorado. Try being consistent at least. But i'm sure now you'll tell me colorado is overrated.
                            Okay, fine. Assuming arguendo that Colorado is not overrated, USC had beaten exactly 1 team with a winning record before beating Washington. Pitt still has 2 Top-10 wins and two other victories over teams with winning records. Even assuming that USC is marginally better than Pitt (which they aren't), is getting dominated by USC better than a freak loss to Pitt on a last second field goal? The answer is simply no.

This of course does not even factor in Clemson's significant advantages over Washington in Strength of Record, Victory, and Schedule, coupled with the fact that the Playoff Committee cares more about who you beat than who you lost to...and well, as we would say in law school, your argument is Swiss Cheese.
                            North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Nice spaz and where is the rationale you provided? I haven't seen it.
                              Who are you again?

Comment

Haha that's funny. I don't know a single BC person who considers clemson a rival. You're barking up the wrong tree here. I am not anti clemson.
                                First this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston...ball#Rivalries

Oh, and this

[T]he Boston College Gridiron Club decided in 2008 to fan the rivalry’s flames and tout its illustrious history by awarding the winning team of the Clemson-Boston College game the O’Rourke-McFadden Trophy and rewarding the MVP of the game a replica leather helmet.
                                http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...streaming-2016

And this from the BC website:

When Boston College joined the ACC in 2005, it knew there would be new rivalries forged. Leaving behind the Big East and traditional schools such as Syracuse, the Eagles joined a newly-formed Atlantic Division with teams they rarely, if ever, played.

But if they were to form a rivalry with someone, it happened almost immediately with Clemson.
                                http://bceagles.com/news/2016/10/4/e...n-respect.aspx
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X