Clear All

Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

PC lost a recruit yesterday to North Dakota

https://***********/markdivver/statu...95644571242497
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...hicago-mission

PC fans looking for hockey fix at Schneider this weekend can catch some of the top teams in the US at 16U level. Chicago Mission, Honeybaked, North Jersey Avs and Boston Jr Eagles at Schneider tomorrow and Saturday.
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        PC lost a recruit yesterday to North Dakota

https://***********/markdivver/statu...95644571242497
        Decomit stinks. But when was the last time, if ever, that NoDak was even interested in a PC prospect? Its good to know Nate is going after some big fish.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
          Are the black jerseys going to be the home uniforms this year?
          Overheard in the lobby that PC would wear blacks at home and switch for the second half of the season. Maybe it's a way to play better on the road second half, assuming they do reasonably well at home until Christmas. I see no reason to think they won't.

Comment

Another 2-1 loss.

Yep

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Maybe the cross is ready to join HE

Comment

Leaman continuing the extreme defensive system with three straight one goal games to start the season and five straight overall

Holy Cross was a decent opponent but with how many draft picks PC has on the ice, this should have been a 4-1 or 5-1 win.

Comment

Pretty quiet here after a 1-2 start to the season. Are fan getting complacent

So ECAC comes to town this weekend, hopefully see some improvement on the scoring side this weekend.

It is early but I think the Friars need to get both these games against two of the better teams from that league.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                    Pretty quiet here after a 1-2 start to the season. Are fan getting complacent

So ECAC comes to town this weekend, hopefully see some improvement on the scoring side this weekend.

It is early but I think the Friars need to get both these games against two of the better teams from that league.
                    Many issues with this team going back for years...PC is playing way too many tight to the vest games and putting the game squarely on the shoulders of the goalie and defense while hoping you pop in a goal or two in a scramble.

Comment

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

When did Desharnais get hurt? I missed the second game with Miami-Ohio, assuming it was then? Noticed him missing during the anthem tonight. I was beginning to think the Friars were getting the hang of these different calls this year then notice Clarkson got absolutely blasted with penalty calls. Some of them I don't even know that they weren't phantom calls. I know, I should be happy that many calls went against Clarkson...

Even spotted Bjorkqvist roaming around. Hope he gets back on the ice soon to see a complete roster and how these new kids are. Really liking Conway, Duhaime and Wilkins so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                        When did Desharnais get hurt? I missed the second game with Miami-Ohio, assuming it was then? Noticed him missing during the anthem tonight. I was beginning to think the Friars were getting the hang of these different calls this year then notice Clarkson got absolutely blasted with penalty calls. Some of them I don't even know that they weren't phantom calls. I know, I should be happy that many calls went against Clarkson...

Even spotted Bjorkqvist roaming around. Hope he gets back on the ice soon to see a complete roster and how these new kids are. Really liking Conway, Duhaime and Wilkins so far.
                        Not liking right now Pinho and Walman....Walman has dropped off a ton while Leaman blasted Pinho after the Miami game in the press conference.

Comment

Pinho seemed invisible last night, enough that I was wondering if he had left for the locker room during the game. Yeah, something seems off about Walman this year, right now he feels like a player that went undrafted that's just happy to have a spot on a team. Whether it's lingering from injury last year, a slow start or not ready to be a team leader, it's been tough to watch him.

Comment

If they keep playing like this they will be lucky to be in the top half of HE

Comment

Pinho seemed invisible last night, enough that I was wondering if he had left for the locker room during the game. Yeah, something seems off about Walman this year, right now he feels like a player that went undrafted that's just happy to have a spot on a team. Whether it's lingering from injury last year, a slow start or not ready to be a team leader, it's been tough to watch him.
                              He's just not that good. Last year he was the beneficiary of being surrounded by some decent pro prospects. He's undersized and soft 🙂

Comment

I thought Desharnais got cut

Comment

Working...
                                X