Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

The officiating this year is what it is. My concern -and I'm assuming Nate's - is the PK and PP.

"Burma!"
    "Why did you say Burma?"
    "I panicked."

-Monty Python

""Leslie, I typed your symptoms into the thing up here and it says you could have network connectivity problems. ."
    -Parks and Recreation

"They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

The shot percentages on the PP/SH are insane. PC is scoring on 5.6 percent of their shots while Miami scored on 26.3 percent.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Veteran

Florentino needs to run the PP

It's a joke the way he is used.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokydad View Post

He didn't dress for the 2nd Miami game. Hurt the night before or benched?

Has there been any word about Cox Cable televising some home games like they have in the past

I was really hoping I'd be able to buy some games on line...

"Burma!"
    "Why did you say Burma?"
    "I panicked."

-Monty Python

""Leslie, I typed your symptoms into the thing up here and it says you could have network connectivity problems. ."
    -Parks and Recreation

"They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

Another upper classman on a Nate Leaman team that is going the WRONG direction. Not getting better with age.

Walman was by far the WORST PC defenseman on defense last weekend. Horrible turnovers and very bad angles throughout the two games.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Another upper classman on a Nate Leaman team that is going the WRONG direction. Not getting better with age.

Walman was by far the WORST PC defenseman on defense last weekend. Horrible turnovers and very bad angles throughout the two games.
    Not true at all on Florentino. Very good player and had great camp with Sabres, could have signed last summer. Guy scores huge goal in natl champ game and gets zero love after
    You should always start or end your comments with, "in my opinion". Because 97% of what you say is garbage.

Not true at all on Florentino. Very good player and had great camp with Sabres, could have signed last summer. Guy scores huge goal in natl champ game and gets zero love after
    You should always start or end your comments with, "in my opinion". Because 97% of what you say is garbage.
    Yet he didn't sign...maybe he should have since he was getting scratched last year by Leaman on multiple occasions and based on what I hear was scratched on Saturday night.

You are talking about a goal two seasons ago while he is drafted, has never been a top two defenseman on the PC squad and throughout his career not been a top four.

Leaman's upper classmen have struggled throughout his run at PC going all the way back to Harvey. I would say the only senior last year to even improve was Jankowski. Tanev was a similar player but besides that everyone else production dropped off.

PC lost a recruit yesterday to North Dakota

https://twitter.com/markdivver/statu...95644571242497

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...hicago-mission

PC fans looking for hockey fix at Schneider this weekend can catch some of the top teams in the US at 16U level. Chicago Mission, Honeybaked, North Jersey Avs and Boston Jr Eagles at Schneider tomorrow and Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    PC lost a recruit yesterday to North Dakota

https://twitter.com/markdivver/statu...95644571242497
    Decomit stinks. But when was the last time, if ever, that NoDak was even interested in a PC prospect? Its good to know Nate is going after some big fish.

Quote Originally Posted by dillon View Post
    Are the black jerseys going to be the home uniforms this year?
    Overheard in the lobby that PC would wear blacks at home and switch for the second half of the season. Maybe it's a way to play better on the road second half, assuming they do reasonably well at home until Christmas. I see no reason to think they won't.

Another 2-1 loss.

Yep

Maybe the cross is ready to join HE

Leaman continuing the extreme defensive system with three straight one goal games to start the season and five straight overall

Holy Cross was a decent opponent but with how many draft picks PC has on the ice, this should have been a 4-1 or 5-1 win.

Pretty quiet here after a 1-2 start to the season. Are fan getting complacent

So ECAC comes to town this weekend, hopefully see some improvement on the scoring side this weekend.

It is early but I think the Friars need to get both these games against two of the better teams from that league.

Quote Originally Posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    Pretty quiet here after a 1-2 start to the season. Are fan getting complacent

So ECAC comes to town this weekend, hopefully see some improvement on the scoring side this weekend.

It is early but I think the Friars need to get both these games against two of the better teams from that league.
    Many issues with this team going back for years...PC is playing way too many tight to the vest games and putting the game squarely on the shoulders of the goalie and defense while hoping you pop in a goal or two in a scramble.

Unofficial Official

When did Desharnais get hurt? I missed the second game with Miami-Ohio, assuming it was then? Noticed him missing during the anthem tonight. I was beginning to think the Friars were getting the hang of these different calls this year then notice Clarkson got absolutely blasted with penalty calls. Some of them I don't even know that they weren't phantom calls. I know, I should be happy that many calls went against Clarkson...

Even spotted Bjorkqvist roaming around. Hope he gets back on the ice soon to see a complete roster and how these new kids are. Really liking Conway, Duhaime and Wilkins so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 3100IRL View Post
    When did Desharnais get hurt? I missed the second game with Miami-Ohio, assuming it was then? Noticed him missing during the anthem tonight. I was beginning to think the Friars were getting the hang of these different calls this year then notice Clarkson got absolutely blasted with penalty calls. Some of them I don't even know that they weren't phantom calls. I know, I should be happy that many calls went against Clarkson...

Even spotted Bjorkqvist roaming around. Hope he gets back on the ice soon to see a complete roster and how these new kids are. Really liking Conway, Duhaime and Wilkins so far.
    Not liking right now Pinho and Walman....Walman has dropped off a ton while Leaman blasted Pinho after the Miami game in the press conference.

Thread Information