Providence College on the road to Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Looks like this series is going to play out as expected. Off to ND next?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      Agree. I believe Bertagna has all ready said all 11 teams will make the playoffs next season.
      It doesn't matter what the fans think. It's all about advertising revenue. As long as they can SELL the games, they couldn't care less if anybody is in the stands. The only thing that matters is $$$$$$$$

Comment

Friars put an end to Minutemen 16-17 misery 5-1 tonight in workmanlike fashion. Hawkey actually ended up with a shutout, the loan goal came against Leahy as Leaman put him in with 3:47 to go up 4-0.

So onto South Bend next week. Feeling like they need to win out there to continue to hold positioning in PWR. I think and others I've talked to say the same, they need to get to Boston to secure the NCAA position.

Comment

Go Friars! Alliance is on! Beat Fake Hockey East and hopefully reduce their chances of representing the league in NCAAs. No trophies for them!
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
            Friars put an end to Minutemen 16-17 misery 5-1 tonight in workmanlike fashion. Hawkey actually ended up with a shutout, the loan goal came against Leahy as Leaman put him in with 3:47 to go up 4-0.

So onto South Bend next week. Feeling like they need to win out there to continue to hold positioning in PWR. I think and others I've talked to say the same, they need to get to Boston to secure the NCAA position.
            The percentage heading into this weekend of them making the tourney was around 80 percent.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

So, the Friars sit at #10 today. Who below us can cause us to drop 5 spots and get left out even if we lose to ND?

Looking at PW, I guess we are rooting against UVM, Ohio St, St Cloud, BC and Omaha.

Comment

It may only take 4 spots. If Air Force falls out and another AHA team wins auto bid, then the WCHA auto bid. Worse yet, Air Force remains in after another AHA auto bid, WCHA auto bid, now yer down to 3 spots... you get the picture.
                Like all teams on the bubble... just win.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Article on Brian Pinho with some good quotes from him and Leaman on his game and Foley and Wilkins:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...rospect-leaman
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Bump to move Asian spam off first page.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      It doesn't matter what the fans think. It's all about advertising revenue. As long as they can SELL the games, they couldn't care less if anybody is in the stands. The only thing that matters is $$$$$$$$
                      Bump
                      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

PC vs. ND any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by pc88 View Post
                            So, the Friars sit at #10 today. Who below us can cause us to drop 5 spots and get left out even if we lose to ND?

Looking at PW, I guess we are rooting against UVM, Ohio St, St Cloud, BC and Omaha.
                            Well, you can't root against both UVM and BC because they play each other.

Comment

PC has to be ready to work this weekend....ND looked strong the last time we played them and they do love to hit, so be ready for a real battle.....my pick is PC in 2, 1 close and 1 by 3

Comment

No one else has any thoughts on this match-up

Comment

Working...
                                X