Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by cavbim View Post
    Also as noted earlier PC still hopes to be able to get one more kid eligible which would solidify the bottom 6 forwards. Wilkins was a member of the US's WJAC team last winter and was invited to Carolina's development camp
    Wilkins just got accepted for this season

https://twitter.com/MarkDivver/statu...33482964369408
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Also as noted earlier PC still hopes to be able to get one more kid eligible which would solidify the bottom 6 forwards. Wilkins was a member of the US's WJAC team last winter and was invited to Carolina's development camp
    And almost as I typed it Divver tweeted word is Wilkins has been green lighted

Hawkey was expected when he committed to be the guy between the pipes last season until his injury. It was expected that Gillies was leaving after his junior season so when recruited, that was the plan but Ellis was ready to take the job after Hawkey's knee injury

Good get for the Friars as 2000-born center Cam Hillis verbally commits. Potential struggle with the OHL for his services coming for Leaman.

https://twitter.com/MarkDivver/statu...39215740481536
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Good get for the Friars as 2000-born center Cam Hillis verbally commits. Potential struggle with the OHL for his services coming for Leaman.

Hey Zlax you better go to the aid of your buddies. I believe there will be a suicide watch up in Durham. Salt in wound is Borek had a hand in this

Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post

He was a 2nd round OHL pick as well. Definitely should be a struggle to get him to college.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    He was a 2nd round OHL pick as well. Definitely should be a struggle to get him to college.
    Why is that? NCAA has proven over past several years to be by far the best development path. NHL teams are loaded on ice, on bench and in front office with NCAA guys. With USHL producing at its current clip you would have to be crazy to go up there

This trend will only strengthen over next several years. If from Ontario, fine. US kid, shouldn't even be an after thought

Quote Originally Posted by Hokydad View Post
    Why is that? NCAA has proven over past several years to be by far the best development path. NHL teams are loaded on ice, on bench and in front office with NCAA guys. With USHL producing at its current clip you would have to be crazy to go up there

This trend will only strengthen over next several years. If from Ontario, fine. US kid, shouldn't even be an after thought

Of course time will tell but basically I agree with you though Hillis is an Ontario kid. Check the Lowell thread for College hockey writers answer to same issue. Pretty accurate. To an extent somewhat similar to Jankowski except Hillis is a little more advanced as a junior in High school. One other of his points was kid has to this point angled toward an ncaa option. Might add to that while no names Divver said 5 schools beside PC in on him. 3 were Ivy (1B10, one other HEA)

Hey Zlax you better go to the aid of your buddies. I believe there will be a suicide watch up in Durham. Salt in wound is Borek had a hand in this
    I don't know what changed up at UNH but there was a major drop-off after I graduated with Borek as the assistant. Makes you wonder...
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Goin' Up?

I went to order tickets earlier today and noticed the schedule still lists all home games with a start time of TBA. Any idea what's going on? The HEA website shows PC and Maine home games with TBA for a start time. Are the Friars thinking about an earlier start so the game will be over by the time the Exodus to Bradley's begins?
    I hope they figure it out before October 2.
    A weekend to remember - Frozen Four Boston 2015! Providence College is the NCAA Men's Hockey National Champion! Thank you Mr. Leaman for rebuilding this program to the pinnacle of the sport. It was a long 35 years for me. Let's Go Friars!

Looking forward to Tournament ModeŽ 2017! In Chicago...? I would rather be in Tampa!

Tournament ModeŽ is a registered trademark of The Freds, all of us.

The game time has been set for the Sunday, October 2nd exhibition game against Acadia: 4 p.m. EDT.

Now that the Big East basketball schedule has been released, maybe we'll start to see the home game times for the 2016-17 season.

As a PC Alum, it was thrilling to see Providence College ranked 1st in the Regional University - North category in the 2017 US News & World Reports College Rankings. #GoFriars!

In todays ProJo there is a small story about Holy Cross being invited to join Hockey East as Notre Dame exits, they would be required to play their home games in downtown Worchester and have 2 games scheduled there this year. One of those games is against PC on October 15th

Goin' Up?

RIP Dick Ernst who played at PC in the 50s. Better known for his lifetime of coaching high school kids.
    http://m.providencejournal.com/sport...nd-institution

Friar Fever.... be a believer!

Quote Originally Posted by The Freds View Post
    RIP Dick Ernst who played at PC in the 50s. Better known for his lifetime of coaching high school kids.
    http://m.providencejournal.com/sport...nd-institution
    I'm sorry to read of his passing. Wishing his family all the best. He was a character for sure.

Friar Fever.... be a believer!

Who is going to the big game on Sunday?

Goin' Up?

The Patriots game?
    A weekend to remember - Frozen Four Boston 2015! Providence College is the NCAA Men's Hockey National Champion! Thank you Mr. Leaman for rebuilding this program to the pinnacle of the sport. It was a long 35 years for me. Let's Go Friars!

Looking forward to Tournament ModeŽ 2017! In Chicago...? I would rather be in Tampa!

The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar

Anyone received their tickets yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    No tickets yet ..

Goin' Up?

Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Getting nervous? Welcome to PC Pro. It's about time you joined us.

The game on Sunday is general admission and free.

No tickets here yet either. Free t-shirts for the Miami game next Friday!

Thread Information