Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    I have heard the same rumors...watch it be BC vs PC over there and PC loses their home game AGAIN!
    I do like the concept and all the teams have come back and said it's a great experience but you do bring up a good point as it's not fair to lose to a home game especially in a tough HE, any idea on how that is decided? I've heard Clarkson, RPI, PC, BU but I really can't confirm that.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by techtodenver View Post
    I do like the concept and all the teams have come back and said it's a great experience but you do bring up a good point as it's not fair to lose to a home game especially in a tough HE, any idea on how that is decided? I've heard Clarkson, RPI, PC, BU but I really can't confirm that.
    BU plays in NYC on Thanksgiving weekend in all odd years so it doesn't make sense that they would be stopping that and going to Belfast next year, that said I'd certainly be pleasantly surprised if it turns out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by techtodenver View Post
    It would only be fair if BC lost their home game to PC next year lol since PC lost theirs this season!

Quote Originally Posted by Agganis View Post
    BU plays in NYC on Thanksgiving weekend in all odd years so it doesn't make sense that they would be stopping that and going to Belfast next year, that said I'd certainly be pleasantly surprised if it turns out that way.
    A poster in the Saint Lawrence thread heard BU will be participating in 2018, which makes since given your comment on the BU/Cornell series.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    A friend who is a season ticket holder at CCT commented that he had heard rumblings they are involved next season. I've also heard BU in 2018.

It would only be fair if BC lost their home game to PC next year lol since PC lost theirs this season!
    Oh alright Frozen Fenway, forgot about that, with knowing that and if it is BC in Ireland one would think it would have to be the opposite way next season, correct?

Trash PP continues to just pound shots from the point...no clue what this coaching staff works on during the week but they lost tonight due to a horrific PP unit trying to bomb shots 60 feet from the goal.

no, we have played in how many of these stupid FF games ? and we lost a home game every time. Its about time we were the team not losing a home game and i hope we never have to play in it again. There will never be anything better than the first one, all downhill after that and BC lost to BU but it was an amazing event. None of these will ever touch that night. Have fun though

Quote Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    no, we have played in how many of these stupid FF games ? and we lost a home game every time. Its about time we were the team not losing a home game and i hope we never have to play in it again. There will never be anything better than the first one, all downhill after that and BC lost to BU but it was an amazing event. None of these will ever touch that night. Have fun though
    Oh I don't support that event ever...much better things to do than sitting in a ballpark in January to watch hockey.

Trash PP continues to just pound shots from the point...no clue what this coaching staff works on during the week but they lost tonight due to a horrific PP unit trying to bomb shots 60 feet from the goal.
    Didn't see the game. Let me guess. Walman takes a bunch of ridiculous outside shots with nothing to show from it 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnieb View Post
    Didn't see the game. Let me guess. Walman takes a bunch of ridiculous outside shots with nothing to show from it ��
    He decided that he needed to EXTEND his range in this game with two shots on the PP from the Red Line! Not kidding! Team Leading 6 shots on goals in the game.

Monk was second with 4!

BTW, this doesn't count all the blocked shots by BU on the defense bombing away from the point on 5 on 3.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

1-15 (goal was OUT OF SYSTEM) on the PP this weekend....Something needs to change

With a total of 1 point out of 3 available the team seems to be improving.....granted it is not perfect but they are not the same team as last year and do need time to gel, when they show signs of improving credit should be given......they have improved on "D" so maybe the next step will be special teams, what ever Nate decides I am sure we will see a change each and every week, will it be enough only time will tell

Veteran

1-15 (goal was OUT OF SYSTEM) on the PP this weekend....Something needs to change
    To be fair Walman's goal Saturday was basically an in system PP goal. Beautiful cross ice pass under a BU stick followed by a shot with 1 second left on the PP, just by the time the puck crossed the goal line the penalty had already elapsed.

Looks like a tough 2 game road trip to upstate NY this weekend. RIT has scored goals in bunches lately. Would be great to grab 2 road wins before exam and holiday break. Come back with 2 tough home games against Denver just before New Year's (30th and 31st).

Quote Originally Posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    Looks like a tough 2 game road trip to upstate NY this weekend. RIT has scored goals in bunches lately. Would be great to grab 2 road wins before exam and holiday break. Come back with 2 tough home games against Denver just before New Year's (30th and 31st).
    5-1 win on Friday....Anyone watch?

I listened to Mike Logan...Friars owned the first period but Hawkey had to come up with some key stops on the 7 shots RIT took, Friars had 17 shots and scored on their only PP in the period...RIT owned the second period but Hawkey came up with the goose egg against 22 shots while PC scored 1 on 9 shots...third period Friars turned the tide although RIT scored first to make it 3-1, Friars closed it out with 2 goals. McPhee with last goal scored his first goal since his frosh season...Tait moved to the top line with Pinho and I think Wilkins had 2 goals and an assist, Pinho with a goal and 2 assists...Foley moved to Lemos line...Leaman in pre-game talk said Foley and Lemos hang out together so why not put them on the ice together. Kavanaugh back in the lineup on the fourth line with Hennessey and McPhee. No change in the other line. Same defensive pairings Monk/Walman, Bryson/Florentino, Desharnais/McKenzie

Not many penalties in this game, almost like the HC game with the Atlantic officials.

Not many penalties in this game, almost like the HC game with the Atlantic officials.
    Funny thing is one of the refs Gates worked that HC game also! I tend to like the flow of the Atlantic Hockey refs as they let the game flow as I see several of the D-3 games that those refs work and some Holy Cross.

PC got the sweep...now onto Denver in a few weeks!

Another game with very few penalties being called.

Good way to finish off the second half of the year. Decent play against BU last weekend although they only took 1 point and good sweep on the road with Hawkey turning in some good performances in net.

20 days off now. Kasper B. and possibly Foley will be heading to the World Junior tourney so others need to step up when Denver comes to town. I assume the Junior tourney will force them out of the Frozen Fenway game against BC if both are playing for their country team.

Friars have one more OOC after that against Yale, then full into the HE wars.

Unofficial Official

Another game with very few penalties being called.

Good way to finish off the second half of the year. Decent play against BU last weekend although they only took 1 point and good sweep on the road with Hawkey turning in some good performances in net.

20 days off now. Kasper B. and possibly Foley will be heading to the World Junior tourney so others need to step up when Denver comes to town. I assume the Junior tourney will force them out of the Frozen Fenway game against BC if both are playing for their country team.

Friars have one more OOC after that against Yale, then full into the HE wars.
    I wouldn't say a return of either Foley, Bjorkqvist or both - if they make the final rosters - for Frozen Fenway is out of the question. Fortunately this year the tournament is in Toronto and Montreal, unlike the year Gillies missed the games when it was played in either Sweden or Russia (I forget the year of the FF games).

Thread Information