Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
    If the ticket office is to be believed it should be a near-sellout or a total sellout this weekend vs NU. We had trouble getting tickets for a large group of people. First time coming to Schneider, I'm excited.
    They probably just didn't want their available tickets going to the unwashed masses of NU fandom.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      They probably just didn't want their available tickets going to the unwashed masses of NU fandom.
      We have two PC alums in this group, I thought we were in the clear!!
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
        If the ticket office is to be believed it should be a near-sellout or a total sellout this weekend vs NU. We had trouble getting tickets for a large group of people. First time coming to Schneider, I'm excited.
        PC sells out nearly every game but fans don't show up that is the issue
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Anyone know what Conway's injury is? Doesn't look like he is playing this weekend.

Comment

Watching on the NU free livestream. With a couple of minutes left in period one, PC could not look any worse. Multiple turnovers in their own end, and no offensive game at all. ***??

Comment

3-0 NU late in the 2nd. The team has issues. Lack of talent is apparent.

Comment

Another brilliant penalty by Pinho with 2 seconds left in the second period.

Comment

How do I find the site for NU feed

Found it
                  Last edited by satyking; 11-18-2016, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Someone woke up that team for the final ten minutes, Hawkey saved their butts in this game as the defense was terrible especially Walman who kept turning over the puck in his own end.

Comment

PC continues to take bad penalties. Taking penalties when you are going on your own power play is the worse. PK was inept. Give them some credit for coming back in last 12 minutes but they need to realize it's what they have to do all game. Leaman preaches it but hasn't sunk in yet I guess. Defense was horrible, leaving Hawkey on an island.

We'll see if coaching staff can get these guys focused for the return match tonight.

Most concerning on the penalties is the returning players getting called.

Conway played last night. Leaman not sure he will play him 2 nights in a row coming off the injury from the Brown game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                        PC continues to take bad penalties. Taking penalties when you are going on your own power play is the worse. PK was inept. Give them some credit for coming back in last 12 minutes but they need to realize it's what they have to do all game. Leaman preaches it but hasn't sunk in yet I guess. Defense was horrible, leaving Hawkey on an island.

We'll see if coaching staff can get these guys focused for the return match tonight.

Most concerning on the penalties is the returning players getting called.

Conway played last night. Leaman not sure he will play him 2 nights in a row coming off the injury from the Brown game.
                        The problem with this team coming into the season was the youth. Last night, they played one freshman on defense and another one in Ruggerio who was hasn't played much at PC. The other four are longtime veterans and need to be much better.

Comment

The 5 on 3 goal by Northeastern last night was as much on the players as the coaching staff. The three players on the ice didn't pressure the puck at all and NU was moving the puck freely. This was also true on one of Northeastern's 5 on 4 PP as they were making cross ice passes at ease including one time Hawkey ended up on his back scrambling.

The turning point last night was when Pinho missed the bet by 5 feet all alone with Ruck and Northeastern scored 2-3 minutes later.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            The problem with this team coming into the season was the youth. Last night, they played one freshman on defense and another one in Ruggerio who was hasn't played much at PC. The other four are longtime veterans and need to be much better.
                            Desharnais is a longtime veteran? He has played 9 more games than Ruggerio and just 15 more than Bryson, the freshman you alluded to
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Lots of changes in the lineup tonight. Apparently Leaman none to happy with what he saw last night.

In the end Friars reverse the score of the night before winning 5-4 this time they are the team hanging on in the end with a goalie pulled.

Comment

No clue what Leaman considers his core defensive group. Ruggerio on Friday wasn't on the ice for a single goal against and gets benched? Truman Reed playing over him is really disappointing as I think Ruggerio brings a heavier game and toughness to the d-core which is one area that is lacking.

The key offensive group in any order is Pinho, Conway, Foley, Duhaime and Wilkins. Is Björkqvist supposed to be talented on offense? Maybe he should be in that group. After that, there is minimal difference between Ziesky and Kavanaugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X