Providence College on the road to Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Friars need to stay out of the penalty box..ND PP is strong and showed it a few weeks ago...also need to keep Bjork in check he was a Friar killer back then...

Petersen worries me the most. Senior, experienced, good and seems to come up big against the Friars.

Will be interesting to see what Leaman does on defense for this series. I worry about ND speed with Vinny in the game.

Of course Hawkey needs to continue his good second half of season play...

Magic number is 3...Friars need to get to 3 goals it seems for them to win

Comment

Knowing Leaman, he will scratch Florentino for both games since he needs to get experience for Young/Bryson.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

With all your criticism of leaman you'd never know he is the most successful coach at PC in my 30+ years on earth

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          With all your criticism of leaman you'd never know he is the most successful coach at PC in my 30+ years on earth

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            He is all about himself...doesn't give a **** about the players. He runs a terribly boring system just like Julien and wants to win every game 3-2. When you got players having more success in the AHL than they ever had at PC, you really have to question how much he is holding guys back?

Just wait until you guys see him at Michigan or Boston College.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              He is all about himself...doesn't give a **** about the players. He runs a terribly boring system just like Julien and wants to win every game 3-2. When you got players having more success in the AHL than they ever had at PC, you really have to question how much he is holding guys back?

"That's gold, Jerry! Gold!''

Comment

Please go back to your UNH home, your shtick is getting old..

Comment

Hockey East pride is on the line this weekend, folks. Time to send NICC back where they came from, forever.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Hockey East pride is on the line this weekend, folks. Time to send NICC back where they came from, forever.
                    This is starting poorly.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      This is starting poorly.
                      And that is saying it poorly .... down 4-0 in 2nd period, team was not ready for the game

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        So...if UNH beats Lowell, that makes Bu (if they win their series) #1 seed, BC #2 and ND #3. That sets up a BC/ND matchup at the Garden. So...who do the BU fans cheer for then? Inquiring minds want to know...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          So...if UNH beats Lowell, that makes Bu (if they win their series) #1 seed, BC #2 and ND #3. That sets up a BC/ND matchup at the Garden. So...who do the BU fans cheer for then? Inquiring minds want to know...
                          God, that IS a tough one. Can I root for a rampant food poisoning outbreak in the pre-game meals for both teams?

I must be mellowing with age. In the old days, I probably would have suggested shared anthrax Gatorade.

Comment

Well, if this was indeed about the "Road to Chicago", it might explain where most of the PC kids showed up tonight.

It sure as heck wasn't South Bend ... another one like tonight, best see Chicago on the way home this weekend.

Jeezus ... you guys win a NC, and then you go soft like ... *THIS*??? (shaking head sadly)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              Well, if this was indeed about the "Road to Chicago", it might explain where most of the PC kids showed up tonight.

It sure as heck wasn't South Bend ... another one like tonight, best see Chicago on the way home this weekend.

Jeezus ... you guys win a NC, and then you go soft like ... *THIS*??? (shaking head sadly)
                              Might help if the coach got his head out of his butt and played a senior defenseman who was a top six dman on that national title team. Freaking joke that he has been scratched two out of the last three games.

Comment

Might help if the coach got his head out of his butt and played a senior defenseman who was a top six dman on that national title team. Freaking joke that he has been scratched two out of the last three games.
                                Well, I don't follow PC that closely but I am positive that senior leadership makes a huge difference. It's an intangible that isn't given enough emphasis. Let's see if he's in there tomorrow night (parenthetically I would think that, just the fact that he is a senior and this could be the last game should factor in).

Comment

Working...
                                X