Providence College on the road to Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

2-0 up on Bruno after 1. Sounds good so far.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
      2-0 up on Bruno after 1. Sounds good so far.
      3-0 after 2. Conway out with a head injury. Ugh

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I actually think it was a lower body. Either way, he didn't return.

Good win for the Friars. Complete. But don't let the score deceive you too much - Brown was simply awful after giving up the third period. Very impressed with the interference run in front of the net, the energy of the PK, and the overall lockdown defense that denied Brown really any chances. Hawkey stayed pretty sharp despite not being tested at all.

Best of luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Yea, Conway was limping during the Mayor's Cup presentation.

One trophy down...three more to go!
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Brown was lucky they were not down 5-0 after that first period. Thought PC dominated the game throughout and didn't deal too much with the after the whistle hitting by Brown.

Comment

• In blast from the past did anyone notice the ties to our dark ages from last night

In a game where each side was coached by a former Pooley assistant David Berard beat Rick Bennett. Berard's team grabbed the lead for good on a Scott Pooley goal. Think about this, Scott was about 6 months old when the Pooley era began

Both Bennett. And Berard at different times worked for Under Leaman, Bennett at Union Berard at PC as Dir of Hockey ops

Speaking of Dir of Hockey ops--Hokey did you see where Kyle Muphy was promoted to assistant AD

Announcement last week said Daughter of ex Calgary GM who drafted Janko/Gillies/Gilmour is new dir of hockey ops
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                In blast from the past did anyone notice the ties to our dark ages from last night

In a game where each side was coached by a former Pooley assistant David Berard beat Rick Bennett. Berard's team grabbed the lead for good on a Scott Pooley goal. Think about this, Scott was about 6 months old when the Pooley era began

Both Bennett. And Berard at different times worked for Under Leaman, Bennett at Union Berard at PC as Dir of Hockey ops

Speaking of Dir of Hockey ops--Hokey did you see where Kyle Muphy was promoted to assistant AD

Announcement last week said Daughter of ex Calgary GM who drafted Janko/Gillies/Gilmour is new dir of hockey ops
                I saw that and could not be prouder or happier for a great kid. Nono e works harder to do things the right way than he does. He will be a great addition to an already exceptional athletic department.

Comment

Down 2-1 after 2. Cav or someone should look into how many 2-1 losses we have in the past 3 years.

-Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    Down 2-1 after 2. Cav or someone should look into how many 2-1 losses we have in the past 3 years.
                    Since 2014-15 which 2 and a small per cent 11. 1 in 13-14
                    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

This team had a week off playing an opponent who played last night. They showed no effort tonight and the entire forward group was terrible. WY too many defenseman point shots with no traffic in front.

They need to start playing up to their drafted levels or they will be sitting home very early in March this season.

Comment

[QUOTE=

They need to start playing up to their drafted levels or they will be sitting home very early in March this season.[/QUOTE]

And it won't be for a home game in HE Tourney

Comment

There for last night's game again. I considered Merrimack to be the ceiling for PC this season as far as where they might slot in. It's not too promising that they came away with just a tie. Have to keep reminding myself how spoiled we've been having Ellis and Gillies in net for us the past few years to where we are now.

Comment

You can not lay the poor play of the team on the goalkeeper....he gets little to no support and is the reason they have not been killed in these games.......blame the other 5 guys on the ice but not the goalie, you may be able to send some blame behind the bench as well

Hokey and Cav I would like your thoughts on this as you are rarely wrong in what you see
                            Last edited by satyking; 11-06-2016, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Two weeks to get things better understood. Got to believe practices will be spirited.

Personally I would rather see Ruggiero in there instead of Desharnais. Agree overall goaltending has not been the problem. Defense struggles at times to get the puck out of the zone and often it's the experienced guys. Same with penalties.

I like Bryson, small for a D man but appears to know what to do out there.

Merrimack is not a dormat team, lots of experience and size for them. They tied BC last week 2-2 (granted at home but come from behind).

Like the bball team, there will be growing pains this year, patience of fans needs to be in order, something Friar fans of both teams don't seem to have much of.

NU weekend in 2 weeks will be a test.

Anyone know Conway status going forward?

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                                You can not lay the poor play of the team on the goalkeeper....he gets little to no support and is the reason they have not been killed in these games.......blame the other 5 guys on the ice but not the goalie, you may be able to send some blame behind the bench as well

Hokey and Cav I would like your thoughts on this as you are rarely wrong in what you see

I like this team. Ton of young talent and a very bright future. Give Em time to build confidence over next year or two. Will be competitive but could be real good in couple years. Just had back to back exceptional classes graduate, can't replace that with freshmen

Leaman develops them into his system as good as anyone

Comment

Working...
                                X