Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Did Providence complain about having to play the national championship in Boston against Boston University two years ago? No, we don't talk about that because BU lost the game.
      Um...last time I checked they don't "place" teams in the Frozen Four. Or did you want them to MOVE the Frozen Four to, say, Dallas so that BU wouldn't be "home?"

Comment

Western Michigan is my sleeper to win the region. I think Harvard has the best shot to advance but the Friars have a puncher's chance if the play smart.

I hope that Friars fans come out to support the team. There isn't as much cross over support for the hockey team as I'd like to see but since the hoop team is off for the summer it is a nice opportunity to for some folks to wear their black and white and see a game at the Dunk.

Comment

Did Providence complain about having to play the national championship in Boston against Boston University two years ago? No, we don't talk about that because BU lost the game.
          Yeah, that's TOTALLY the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
            If the NCAA did not consider attendance while making the pairings
            Unfortunately, they do so we can stop the conversation right there. Remember when BU hosted in Worcester every other year and still couldn't get out of the regionals and it got so ridiculous they started making Holy Cross host?
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Unfortunately, they do so we can stop the conversation right there. Remember when BU hosted in Worcester every other year and still couldn't get out of the regionals and it got so ridiculous they started making Holy Cross host?
              You know that's not what happened. But sure, it makes for a good narrative.

The mayor of Worcester said that since the Centrum is owned by the city and there is a D1 school in Worcester, Holy Cross will be the host school any time the Regionals are there. And not for nothing, but they went to the Frozen Four quite a few times through Worcester.

Comment

Also, yah know. Providence in Providence was based on Bracket Integrity. They didn't need to move them there because as the brackets fell they were naturally there. Now if you think the #3 seed in the country should not need to play a team so close to home thats fair, but that is how things fell. The committee did not move them there this year
                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

what a stupid thing to say. Aren't you a UNH fan
                  BS UMass Lowell 2015
                  PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    but they went to the Frozen Four quite a few times through Worcester.
                    I was there for the Denver game!
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I was there for the Denver game!
                      What were you like, 12???

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        What were you like, 12???
                        17, almost 18. There was about a month where I was biting my nails waiting for my BC acceptance letter while I held on to my acceptance letters from the safety schools; BU was tops on the safety list until the BC one arrived on April 2nd I think (Phew!), delayed by that ridiculous snowstorm April 1 1997. So yea I was there rooting for BU when Drury buried it in OT.

Comment

I feel that BU should have been moved to Providence to help boost attendance as well. I think the Air Force/Western Michigan game will be sparsely attended in terms of their fans traveling and neither team has enough exposure to draw casual fan interest here in New England. The bracket would be much more of a draw if BU was switched to Providence. That would have spiced things up!

Comment

17, almost 18. There was about a month where I was biting my nails waiting for my BC acceptance letter while I held on to my acceptance letters from the safety schools; BU was tops on the safety list until the BC one arrived on April 2nd I think (Phew!), delayed by that ridiculous snowstorm April 1 1997. So yea I was there rooting for BU when Drury buried it in OT.
                            OMG, I remember coming home from the Final Four in Milwaukee that year. It was, like 65 degrees the entire time we were there. Just gorgeous weather. Landed back in Boston on 3/31. My folks picked my up at the airport and said "we're supposed to get some snow tomorrow." Ha. Understatement.

OK, topic. So, I asked in the Pairwise thread if, based on them really trying to do 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15, etc. if this is actually where Providence would have been seeded anyway, location be ****ed, and never got an answer. So, let's say the regional was in Worcester this year. Would Providence still be there? I'm thinking yes because they are a 4 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                              I feel that BU should have been moved to Providence to help boost attendance as well. I think the Air Force/Western Michigan game will be sparsely attended in terms of their fans traveling and neither team has enough exposure to draw casual fan interest here in New England. The bracket would be much more of a draw if BU was switched to Providence. That would have spiced things up!
                              They couldn't do a team for team swap of Western Michigan for BU because that would have created a first round intra-conference NCHC matchup in Fargo between Western Mich and North Dakota.

Comment

Mark Divver‏ @MarkDivver
                                Two weeks after verbally committing to @FriarsHockey, Madison Caps D-man Cole Hults has decommitted. Previously committed to Lake Superior
                                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/