Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XVI: KICK THE BABY!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    So Pat Buchanan is saying if Drumpf doesnt win the system is rigged...no wonder the GOP is panicking if Drumpf is so desperate he needs has beens to come out and call his loss rigged 3 months BEFORE the election the internal numbers must be tanking in epic proportions! Sooooooo much fun to watch
    I am still holding to the crazy tinfoil hat theory that Trump knows he's going to lose, but if he claims "rigged" or if he's kicked off the ticket/eliminated/who knows what, then it's not HIS fault he lost. He got jobbed. His ego does not like losing. If he's "forced" out, or lost by *ahem* getting cheated, then he can accept that. He didn't fail, in his mind.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Dumb question, why is Hillary/Dems spending money on ads? Trump isn't doing ads....she has a substantial lead in the polls...I'd think money spent on in-person appearances would be more effective if you want to spend more money at all. Seems to be overkill.

This isn't a rip on Hillary/Dems, honestly. Just seems like wasted money to me.
      First, cause they have a chit-ton of money to spend, so what's the downside? And second, Trump doesn't have any money to run ads.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

For me, the most troubling aspect of this and other recent elections is not Trump or Fox News or Ailes; it's the evidence that so many people are vulnerable to fear-mongering, anti-knowledge marketing. Ignorance and fear have always been great manipulation tools, but in this information-rich age, we need to be better if we intend to keep the Trumps, Hannitys and Ailes of the world far from the driver's seat.

And I realize those three examples are not on the same level as manipulators.

Comment

So Pat Buchanan is saying if Drumpf doesnt win the system is rigged...no wonder the GOP is panicking if Drumpf is so desperate he needs has beens to come out and call his loss rigged 3 months BEFORE the election the internal numbers must be tanking in epic proportions! Sooooooo much fun to watch
          That seems stupidly dangerous. How do they expect the Trump supporters to react if they actually sell this on them? Regardless of the gap. He's already mentioned the 2nd amendment supporters do something (not specified).

The R's have spent decades trying to convince us that government is bad. Even at the same time doing things to grab more power. We don't need this amplified by that much.

Insane.

Unless they are so incredibly out of touch with the general public to think that the polls are that far wrong.

None the less, they need to be specific in the claims of being fixed. When evidence of voter fraud is so small that it's hard to even see it- how can they prove it on the scale they pretend to think?

Comment

I get to bartend a Drumpf rally next week!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Charge your phone. We want footage.

Comment

This makes me laugh so much. Oh. My. God. Sorry, man, but this is hysterical.

I'm gonna guess every "thank you" and "how's it going?" will be made through gritted teeth.

I expect some great "I overheard this" stories, btw.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Cash bar?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Have to do some experimenting for extra tips.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Cash bar?
                      Hosted so the unwashed masses can't stop me from making money off them
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

One only has to read the mealy-mouthed and wishy-washy comments from politicians like these to know why so few have respect for those currently practicing big time politics in this country. Could these people be trying any harder to play both sides of the fence? It is likely those "who aren't ready" to fully support Trump find him dangerous and many of his comments abhorrent. So just say so. And for those who claim to support him for transparent reasons like "we need to support the voters who nominated Trump" just admit that you support Trump and agree with most of his inflammatory rhetoric, because only someone who believes most of the rancid bull5h!t that he spews forth (or is dangerously naive and unqualified to serve) could seriously consider voting for him.

There are 332 people serving in the United States Senate, House of Representatives and Governors mansions who are members of the GOP. Does anyone know of an accurate count of those who have publicly said they will not vote for Trump? And of those few, how many are running for reelection in 2016?

Comment

Interesting look at the drift of the Republican party since 1964

Comment

It's a shame that it's going to take at least a dozen years before it becomes obvious to them.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              It's a shame that it's going to take at least a dozen years before it becomes obvious to them.
                              Unless Drumpf gets trounced...which isnt likely though the polls show his numbers continue to dip.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                The equal time rules ...

Seriously. Thank you for clarifying that.

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                It's a wonderful thing how effective Trump and his surrogates are at erasing years of history. At least the talking head made an effort to correct the falsehood right away, unlike the recent exchange between Pierson and that idiot Wolf Blitzer some days ago. ...
                                The gaslighting that the Trump campaign is doing is quite startling.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X