Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: An Experiment: A Literal Political Thread

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    How is the sudden rush to destroy monuments and statues of figures from the losing side of The War Between the States any different than the Taliban destroying a Buddhist shrine or ISIS destroying Christian chapels?
    Just checked this thread for the first time in forever to see this. Never change FF...

Comment

Is there a liberal policy position where you hear the phrase, "Today is not the time to talk about X"?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Here ya go Kep. When we were in grade school.....

http://www.claremont.org/crb/article...b7UvPk.twitter
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Is there a liberal policy position where you hear the phrase, "Today is not the time to talk about X"?
          Closest thing I could think of is when a bad abortion doctor like Kermit Gosnell gets caught.

I am still sometimes sympathetic to anti-abortion arguments when stuff like that comes up.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Closest thing I could think of is when a bad abortion doctor like Kermit Gosnell gets caught.

I am still sometimes sympathetic to anti-abortion arguments when stuff like that comes up.
            Except anti abortion laws get talked about and passed all the farking time. What was the last noteworthy gun control law? The Brady bill?

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
              Except anti abortion laws get talked about and passed all the farking time. What was the last noteworthy gun control law? The Brady bill?
              And most anti abortion laws get struck down in the courts.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Yep. All for life until they're born, but if they grow up to commit a crime, fry their ***. Or if they get caught in the crossfire of a madman, there's nothing we can do to prevent that.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Here ya go Kep. When we were in grade school.....

http://www.claremont.org/crb/article...b7UvPk.twitter
                  I got about ten paragraphs in when the pure stench of this dreck overwhelmed me. It's as if somebody warmed over a think piece from NR written in 1975. All of this is the CW of the people who thought Ronald Reagan was transformative. Evidently, they still exist, and they have learned, literally, nothing in 40+ years.

Check out his other "contributions." He's just another one of the Useful Idiots of the Weekly Standard set, dutifully regurgitating righty talking points to try to give conservatives an intellectual fig leaf to cover their empty ideology. He is the antithesis of this thread.

At least Buckley was bright.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 10-09-2017, 08:49 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    And most anti abortion laws get struck down in the courts.
                    Still sounds like we're able to talk about it, unlike gun control.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Still sounds like we're able to talk about it, unlike gun control.
                      This is the literal thread. We can, legally, talk about gun control.

Sincerely,

Your Thread HOA
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        This is the literal thread. We can, legally, talk about gun control.

Sincerely,

Your Thread HOA
                        Literally, I have never heard anyone say, "now is not the time to talk about abortion laws."

Comment

Literally, I have never heard anyone say, "now is not the time to talk about abortion laws."
                          I know a hawk from a handsaw. You were being snarky. Deftly, but still.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Or a Muslim Ban. Or a respect the flag/anthem orgy. Or a build the wall barbecue. Those things never stop.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Or a Muslim Ban. Or a respect the flag/anthem orgy. Or a build the wall barbecue. Those things never stop.
                              The flag/vet worship started at about 7pm on 9/11/01?? Or does it go back to Kuwait??
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                The flag/vet worship started at about 7pm on 9/11/01?? Or does it go back to Kuwait??
                                Kuwait. Listening to the radio in 1991, I heard "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood every day.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X