Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elmira College 2016-2017

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
    The place is filthy, can barely read the painting on the ice, sound system sucks.
    First Arena or the Domes?
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      First Arena or the Domes?
      😂 Good one!

Comment

@SaveWooHockey: BREAKING: First Arena has Buyer, Elmira Jackals to Fold | WENY-TV NEWS https://shar.es/1UesFF #ECHL
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          @SaveWooHockey: BREAKING: First Arena has Buyer, Elmira Jackals to Fold | WENY-TV NEWS https://shar.es/1UesFF #ECHL
          I just saw this. This is an open door for EC to move downtown I would imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by EC_SoaringEagle83 View Post
            +1.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

From the local rag: "finalization of the arena transaction is pending Barrett obtaining a new franchise, county officials said." The only way Barrett will buy the barn is IF he gets another franchise to drop into the place, and EC isn't going to play second fiddle to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                From the local rag: "finalization of the arena transaction is pending Barrett obtaining a new franchise, county officials said." The only way Barrett will buy the barn is IF he gets another franchise to drop into the place, and EC isn't going to play second fiddle to anyone.
                EC brings 13 home dates to the barn (I discount the women because, unfortunately, women don't draw diddly). A pro franchise draws 30+ dates to the barn. That still leaves a lot of vacant revenue time.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It would be silly for EC to NOT play downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    EC brings 13 home dates to the barn (I discount the women because, unfortunately, women don't draw diddly). A pro franchise draws 30+ dates to the barn. That still leaves a lot of vacant revenue time.
                    And the countless more minor hockey spots that they could now have. On top of more practice time makes a lot of local parents consider Elmira now for youth hockey. You know how much minor hockey parents/kids spend at a rink.
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

The death knell tolls

It would be silly for EC to NOT play downtown.
                      Dome's attendance has been recently and comparatively abysmal. Over the past decade, attendance has dropped by an aggregate 49.7% and an average of 82 fewer fans have attended each of the last 10 years. At this rate of decline, absolutely no one will be in the stands by 2027.

I spoke with the County Executive about a year ago, and he was quite certain that EC would be moving downtown, but that plan was strangled by the College and died of asphyxiation.

Despite being faced with the stark facts, those in power - and making the location decisions at EC - would rather founder while piloting the Titanic, than eat crow and make the logical move downtown.

Sad .... simply sad.

Comment

Re: The death knell tolls

Dome's attendance has been recently and comparatively abysmal. Over the past decade, attendance has dropped by an aggregate 49.7% and an average of 82 fewer fans have attended each of the last 10 years. At this rate of decline, absolutely no one will be in the stands by 2027.

I spoke with the County Executive about a year ago, and he was quite certain that EC would be moving downtown, but that plan was strangled by the College and died of asphyxiation.

Despite being faced with the stark facts, those in power - and making the location decisions at EC - would rather founder while piloting the Titanic, than eat crow and make the logical move downtown.

Sad .... simply sad.
                        I would think that cost would be a consideration. Doesn't EC own or have a long term lease on the "Domes?" Cost would go up for renting a new facility for games, and if they abandoned the Domes altogether they would have to buy ice time for practice as well. You do have to consider that side of the issue. If, on the other hand, they are renting the current facility on a short term basis, it sounds like moving would be a slam dunk.
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                          I would think that cost would be a consideration. Doesn't EC own or have a long term lease on the "Domes?" Cost would go up for renting a new facility for games, and if they abandoned the Domes altogether they would have to buy ice time for practice as well. You do have to consider that side of the issue. If, on the other hand, they are renting the current facility on a short term basis, it sounds like moving would be a slam dunk.
                          From Elmira's website - Elmira College also has an off-campus athletic complex, the Murray Athletic Center. Comprised of three geocentric domes, the MAC is the premier location for all other sports EC offers. The Murray Athletic Center has six squash courts, a media room, and a smart classroom used by our athletic teams for film sessions. The world's first geodesic dome athletic complex, the Murray Athletic Center, is one of the most unique athletic facilities in the Northeast. Located eight miles from the main campus, it features a 3,200 seat hockey arena, a 2,000-seat gymnasium, a 38,000 square-foot field house with four indoor tennis courts, six squash courts and two playing fields.
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                            From Elmira's website - Elmira College also has an off-campus athletic complex, the Murray Athletic Center. Comprised of three geocentric domes, the MAC is the premier location for all other sports EC offers. The Murray Athletic Center has six squash courts, a media room, and a smart classroom used by our athletic teams for film sessions. The world's first geodesic dome athletic complex, the Murray Athletic Center, is one of the most unique athletic facilities in the Northeast. Located eight miles from the main campus, it features a 3,200 seat hockey arena, a 2,000-seat gymnasium, a 38,000 square-foot field house with four indoor tennis courts, six squash courts and two playing fields.
                            Financially it doesn't sound like it would make a lot of sense to rent ice for home games, if the facility is theirs. I assume the existing arena could be a practice rink so they wouldn't have to rent ice time for practices. They'd kind of need a sweetheart deal to move their games I would think.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

It has been proven that playing games at the First Arena does not bring in the additional fans that they "think or hope" would come. They still have to use the Domes for other sports teams, why only move hockey?
                              Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                              Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                              Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

http://www.mytwintiers.com/sports/sp...ckey/674280749

Awesome!!!

Edit: Look at all the fans! The team had a hard time losing back in those days.
                                Last edited by EC_SoaringEagle83; 03-18-2017, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X