X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2016 2017 season thread

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I'm not sure how familiar with his case you are, but from what I have read it sounds like he was basically forced into it. He only played 10 minutes of one game and I doubt he received much if any 'compensation' for it.
    I mean, presumably the kid drove himself to the arena and put on the uniform without a gun to his head. The NCAA has always had a brightline rule about playing in major juniors. One skate on the ice and you are ineligible.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
      I mean, presumably the kid drove himself to the arena and put on the uniform without a gun to his head. The NCAA has always had a brightline rule about playing in major juniors. One skate on the ice and you are ineligible.

We all get that and it is a rule, but over 11 minutes in an exhibition game? That's a huge crock of BS. The NC$$ is one of the worst organizations out there in all of sports...right up there with Roger Goodell

Comment

Originally posted by BBDiehard14 View Post
        We all get that and it is a rule, but over 11 minutes in an exhibition game? That's a huge crock of BS. The NC$$ is one of the worst organizations out there in all of sports...right up there with Roger Goodell
        If Maine doesn't like the NCAA's rules, it is free to leave.

All these fans hate the NCAA and its policies... but each one of these fans' schools are members of the NCAA, and can get any policy changed at any time by a vote. They just don't because apparently they like the rules. Or can live with them.

You can't start saying "well, it was only 11 minutes..." or anything like that. Where's the line? 12 minutes? 20? 50? It has to be all or nothing. Whatever you think of the rule, if the rule is "you can't play major junior" then you can't start saying "but only 4 minutes is okay."

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
          If Maine doesn't like the NCAA's rules, it is free to leave.

All these fans hate the NCAA and its policies... but each one of these fans' schools are members of the NCAA, and can get any policy changed at any time by a vote. They just don't because apparently they like the rules. Or can live with them.

You can't start saying "well, it was only 11 minutes..." or anything like that. Where's the line? 12 minutes? 20? 50? It has to be all or nothing. Whatever you think of the rule, if the rule is "you can't play major junior" then you can't start saying "but only 4 minutes is okay."
          You are wasting your time explaining anything to Maines #1 fan boy
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

N.C.A.A = national communist athletic association

Comment

I believe i saw he had 3 goals scored against him in those 10 minutes. Maybe they added that in against him.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                You are wasting your time explaining anything to Maines #1 fan boy

And you sir are one of Maine's No. 1 pessimists. I've almost never seen you positive.

Comment

Would you like some camembert with that whine?
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                    I believe i saw he had 3 goals scored against him in those 10 minutes. Maybe they added that in against him.
                    And that's who you're looking for to be your savior in net?
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I found these 2 articles to be interesting....... So, when we heard about the NCAA suspending goalie Tyler Johnson for a year, after committing to Maine back in December, we just had to do a little digging into the situation. Johnson has a reputation as a good kid, so it was a little surprising. http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/the-d...a-opportunity/
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        I found these 2 articles to be interesting....... So, when we heard about the NCAA suspending goalie Tyler Johnson for a year, after committing to Maine back in December, we just had to do a little digging into the situation. Johnson has a reputation as a good kid, so it was a little surprising. http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/the-d...a-opportunity/
                        AN ADVISERS LIFE – FIVE SIGNS YOU HAVE A BAD ADVISER...... http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/an-ad...a-bad-adviser/
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                          N.C.A.A = national communist athletic association
                          I don't think that makes sense, either. The NCAA is certainly a cartel, in that it is the NCAA's way or the highway in most cases, but if the NCAA was Communist, you wouldn't see athletic programs like Texas or Alabama making hundreds of millions of dollars while Maine struggles to come close enough to breaking even that they can lie and say they are close to breaking even.

In a Communist NCAA, there would be an equal distribution of revenues, incomes and talented athletes to all institutions.

Comment

And you sir are one of Maine's No. 1 pessimists. I've almost never seen you positive.
                            I prefer realist but compared to a guy(You) who picked Maine to be in NCAAs last year I guess I'm a pessimist.

Comment

UMaine has bid to host a regional in 2019, 2020 or 2021 at the Cross in Portland.

Comment

Harry Roy, cedar rapids Roughriders, verbal commitment. Don't see him on last years roster though, so must be 17 or 18 recruit?

Comment

Working...
                                X