This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Are you sure he is going to play even if eligible? Maybe he can't make the starting team at this point? I know you said the staff thinks he is a stud but they said that about Hayes also???
    This is different. Trust me.

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2016 2017 season thread

If Maine can get out of this game with a point or even two (considering the leads they've had), they should consider themselves very fortunate. Not many teams can afford to be this undisciplined and expect to win, especially on the road. Need to clean it up for tomorrow's game.

Comment

• Jesu Christo....... Yet another OT game for The Bears. SOG are 42-20. What the hell is going on in Oxford, Ohio?? Go Bears. Win it in OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
          Jesu Christo....... Yet another OT game for The Bears. SOG are 42-20. What the hell is going on in Oxford, Ohio?? Go Bears. Win it in OT.
          I think even after the second Red would have snapped someone's hand off for a tie. Did Shea get hurt? Pappalardo was on the top line towards the end.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            I think even after the second Red would have snapped someone's hand off for a tie. Did Shea get hurt? Pappalardo was on the top line towards the end.
            He was on the ice in OT

Comment

Officially, the game ends as a tie for NCAA purposes. Maine wins in a shootout.

Comment

• 3-3... Now double OT? Not a Hockey East game so there is double OT?

End 2OT. 3-3. Take the point and run. 9 penalties Maine to 4 for Miami. That is not a strategy. Clean it up tomorrow night boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                  He was on the ice in OT
                  Yeah, noticed that as well. Very strange.

Anyone know if Holway and Robbins are hurt or were suspended?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Anyone know if Holway and Robbins are hurt or were suspended?
                    You mean you didn't see Holway on the ice tonight? (His jersey at least)

Comment

Did good to get out of that with a tie. Take it and look to tomorrow. McGovern saved their but.
                      Miami had them off their game bad, bears had difficulty getting out of D zone, lots of turn overs, offensive rush ended at the blue line., And penalties. Might of won it if not for lacroix last penalty.

Suppose this series was scheduled with the agreement Miami will be at the Alfond next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                        This is different. Trust me.
                        Good to hear, if he can help I can't wait to see him play.

Penalties are hurting this team. But a tie on the road isn't bad.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Not the W we want but a tie on the road against a quality opponent like Miami is fine at this point. Lets get the big W tonight, eh ?
                          sure why not

Comment

Are the penalties because of the attention to new points of emphasis? or the out of position kind like we have seen the last few years?

Are going to see another goalie for Maine or is Rob it? Seems like its unlikely to Mundinger not sure if Morris is on the trip?

Bet we see some lineup changes tonight but who knows what they will be.
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Are the penalties because of the attention to new points of emphasis? or the out of position kind like we have seen the last few years?

Are going to see another goalie for Maine or is Rob it? Seems like its unlikely to Mundinger not sure if Morris is on the trip?
                              Sounded like a mix of both in the game. Maine got docked for hooks (four times), slashes (twice), and a hold. Without having watched the game it's hard to say how they looked positionally, but they have looked better than last season. Penalties are down to roughly 13.5 mins per game this year (16 mins per game last season) and the PK is running at 85% compared to 78% last year, so that's progress in my eyes. Still work to be done though.

And with the goaltending, at this point why mess with what's working? Funny that McGovern makes 39 saves last night and sees his SV% drop slightly.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

Bet we see some lineup changes tonight but who knows what they will be.
                                I think its more of an emphasis on it. I'd be surprised if Maine was much worse than average as far as PP's conceded per game(I know PIM's can be deceiving.) I thought last night the refs let a few things go that would have been called the first couple of weekends(both ways.) I did think Maine looked a little tired last night.

One thing that was impressive, and will likely get overlooked, is that Maine didn't have five players available last night. As I haven't seen three of them I'm not sure how much of an impact they would have made but its not unreasonable to expect at least four of them would have been in the lineup. The fact that Holway's jersey was shipped out makes me suspect he was suspended for a game and will play tonight. Hopefully the same is true with Robbins.

Another tie would be ever so nice tonight but even if Maine loses I think we still have to be incredibly happy with the start. After tonight's game Maine actually has a pretty easy ride the next three months. The UML and BC series will be tough but even in those I don't think a split is unreasonable to expect. In the other 12 I would hope Maine goes somewhere around 8-4.

Comment

Working...
                                X