This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2016 2017 season thread

Rocky start but he's gotten more into the groove.

Pearson hat trick and the 5 PP goals are a nice li'l buffer.

And yeah, it's AIC but they're better than I thought they'd be.

If nothing else playing Morris gives McGovern some rest and/or motivation.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Yeah, 2 to 1 aic, matty playing great letting in 50 ft goals
      OK, so the Black Bears beat AIC 5-3. Good. A weekend sweep of a sheety team would be good but nothing to crow about. I've said it twice on here recently and will repeat for the last time: Matty Mo is a journeyman Div III tender at best. Name another Div I program where he'd get any ice time. The only reason he's gotten any playing time this season (e.g. game #2 vs Colgate; game #1 vs BC in Portland) is because Robbie got in some hot water (behavior) and Red had to begrudgingly mete out the discipline. It made no sense whatsoever that MM would play game #2 at Colgate. And the BC game in Portland, where you are playing to a much larger cross section of Maine Hockey fans...when I saw #36 skate to the net to start the game, I just shook my head and got a knot in the gut. And it was a 6-1 shellacking and Morris stank. Robbie is a real Div I goalie and a little better than his stats indicate.
      Now...on a different topic...tonight will be game #19 for the Bears. That would be the last game Herner is required to sit out. Technically he could play 12/30 at UNH. We'll see. My guess is he makes his debut in blue 1/6/17 vs USA U18 at Alfond.
      Good luck to Maine tonight vs AIC. Please do not play down to the opponent's level and have it a squeaker of a hockey game. Need to pump in another 5-6 goals.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
        OK, so the Black Bears beat AIC 5-3. Good. A weekend sweep of a sheety team would be good but nothing to crow about. I've said it twice on here recently and will repeat for the last time: Matty Mo is a journeyman Div III tender at best. Name another Div I program where he'd get any ice time. The only reason he's gotten any playing time this season (e.g. game #2 vs Colgate; game #1 vs BC in Portland) is because Robbie got in some hot water (behavior) and Red had to begrudgingly mete out the discipline. It made no sense whatsoever that MM would play game #2 at Colgate. And the BC game in Portland, where you are playing to a much larger cross section of Maine Hockey fans...when I saw #36 skate to the net to start the game, I just shook my head and got a knot in the gut. And it was a 6-1 shellacking and Morris stank. Robbie is a real Div I goalie and a little better than his stats indicate.
        Now...on a different topic...tonight will be game #19 for the Bears. That would be the last game Herner is required to sit out. Technically he could play 12/30 at UNH. We'll see. My guess is he makes his debut in blue 1/6/17 vs USA U18 at Alfond.
        Good luck to Maine tonight vs AIC. Please do not play down to the opponent's level and have it a squeaker of a hockey game. Need to pump in another 5-6 goals.

I think McGovern got a night off to get some rest, so you may see him back in the cage this evening.
        And a sweep of any college hockey team is a great weekend. We shouldn't be saying, "ohh, it's just AIC," because anything can happen on any given night. Just a few weeks ago, Bemidji State was a top-10 team and promptly got swept by one of the worst teams in the ECAC (Princeton) in their own barn. That said, if Maine wants to keep making progress, these are series they need to take care of business and win on both nights.

Comment

The official attendance last night was 3578, I was one of those and I'm not a math major but...... NO WAY HOSAY!

Start Dinger in net giving him some ice time what the hell this season won't turn out any better than last.

Congratulations to Pearson, Bryon and Brown on a great effort last night.

Comment

• Maine has looked awful since they scored early, it's 1 1 now
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maine has looked awful since they scored early, it's 1 1 now
              Maine looks like crap. 2 1 aic

Comment

Pearson ties it up with a snipe

Comment

Maine will make this tougher than it needs to be.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Maine's freshmen suck 3-2

Comment

• The D looks awful at timed

Comment

• AIC got shafted by the refs, 6 penalties in a row on them. They hate yellow jackets, it's unfair, they got jobbed. Or maybe maine was the better team.

Comment

AIC got shafted by the refs, 6 penalties in a row on them. They hate yellow jackets, it's unfair, they got jobbed. Or maybe maine was the better team.
                          It wasn't as obvious on tv, but that Murray is by far the worst linesman I have ever seen. He looks about 18 and kept messing up face offs.

Comment

Good weekend, all in all.

Yeah, AIC but you gotta start a streak somewhere.

Nice little confidence builder.

I'm worried that they have a full 3 weeks off and the next one is UNH.

Hopefully they'll spend a decent amount of time figuring out how to shut down the Kelleher/Grasso show.

Comment

Quinippiac lost, RPI lost, UNH lost, Maines opponents record is pretty dismal. Pearson looks really good as does Fossier. I think Shea is going to get better in 2nd half. Holway in offensive zone looks good.

Comment

Quinippiac lost, RPI lost, UNH lost, Maines opponents record is pretty dismal. Pearson looks really good as does Fossier. I think Shea is going to get better in 2nd half. Holway in offensive zone looks good.
                                There have some young talent....there is no doubt about that. None. They need to produce consistently against upcoming HE schools and prove they can beat the NU., UMass, Mack, UHN, and even PC and ND . And they need some of those W's on the road. I feel like these guys are ready to break out, but have been disappointed before. With Herner available and some confidence, this is their best chance to show what they have.
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X