X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Can Cap recruit though?

The path to the NHL is a huge thing because to todays players Maines history is ancient history.

The biggest thing, I think, is organization building. Someone who knows how to deploy resources, delegate, integrate strength training coaches and support staff, etc. In that sense someone from a pro background would have some good experience.

Not that it matters. None of its happening anytime soon.
    What the heck, dreaming is good for the stress levels.

Comment

• Re: UMaine Black Bears, 2016 2017 season thread

I've asked this before, but how many programs out there would you NOT trade Maine's next four years for?

UMass, probably. A bunch of fan apathy, the athletic department has much bigger fish to fry with their ongoing football debacle and basketball is always going to be #1.

Merrimack, probably. Tiny school, tiny rink.

Everyone else in Hockey East, even last place Northeastern, is on much firmer footing.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
        I almost think that whoever Maine hires next should have zero ties to the program and area. Just a complete bleaching, start with a blank slate.
        Time will tell on that one, but it wouldn't hurt in some ways to have a STAFF that has there agenda to put forward without having to hear about what use to Be Maine Hockey and the so called Tradition it brought to the area...but then some will whine that it has to be Maine Blue Blood or no way is it going to work...either way I am tired of these last 10 years...not the game/ not the Rink/ not the fans/ BUT the way this Program has crashed and burned.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Swayman and Beck will be the first scholarship goalies. Bub and Mundinger are walkons. You are comparing apples and oranges.
          Scholly, schmolly, Drew... You miss my point. Relying on walk-ons, especially to fill the most important position in any hockey program, is a recipe for, um, exactly what we've seen from Maine under Gendron.

Red needed to do whatever it took to show up in Orono with a good goalie in tow. That's how you start to build a hockey team, and he's failed miserably in that regard.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-20-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

I guess my coaching suggestion wasn't taken Rob in Net
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Scholly, schmolly, Drew... You miss my point. Relying on walk-ons, especially to fill the most important position in any hockey program, is a recipe for, um, exactly what we've seen from Maine under Gendron.

Red needed to do whatever it took to show up in Orono with a good goalie in tow. That's how you start to build a hockey team, and he's failed miserably in that regard.
              Don't you think other teams want a good goalie as well? It's a little easier said than done. It's a miracle Maine has two good goalies lined up now and we should be thrilled about that.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Maine up 1 0,

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  I guess my coaching suggestion wasn't taken Rob in Net
                  Beginning of the 3rd.and McGovern is doing a great job. But so is the whole team. A pleasant surprise tonight. It is a legitimate 1-1 hockey game. Maine doesn't have the same talent to be
                  sure, but they are playing with these guys no problem.
                  Last edited by DoubleA; 01-20-2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• BU PP to and Robbins misses a breakaway on a shorty. Then one coming back the other way. Good third period. Maine is in this and playing McGovern was the smartest and only thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                      BU PP to and Robbins misses a breakaway on a shorty. Then one coming back the other way. Good third period. Maine is in this and playing McGovern was the smartest and only thing to do.
                      A great effort but we know how this ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        Yup, bad penalty leads to a 2 1 lead for bu. Maine gets nothing out front, pretty hard to score

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Yup. Vesey's double penalty was a killer.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                            Yup. Vesey's double penalty was a killer.
                            Nah, not scoring then Pearson's penalty on Maine's last PP did them in. They should have started Morris.

Comment

Not too embarrassing at all ! Maybe a moral victory for Maine. I think it's possible- but not likely -that Maine could snare a point tomorrow night.

Hell, I'll watch.

Comment

Penalty's finally caught up with Maine...can't give a Team like BU with so much talent and fire power that many chances on the PP. Bites you at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X