Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Unbelievable, one night it goes from looking like having to win two 3 games series, first against Sacred Heart and then either Canisius or Air Force to hosting Niagara and then going to West Point to take on Army. The path back to Blue Cross is certain. Theses Tigers have a new life....
    Last edited by Tom Naeger; 03-01-2017, 12:01 PM.
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
      My reasons for wanting RIT in the ECAC have nothing to do with NCAA bids in fact no one doubts that it would be more difficult to see an NCAA bid for this caliber RIT team competing in the ECAC.

I want to see the RIT program grow and while the AHC is trying to improve their league by adding scholarships I'm not sure how that helps RIT. When RIT painted Destlers hair orange and sold out GPC was it against an eastern AHC team? Nope. I'd rather have RIT take its lumps and improve in the ECAC playing against the likes of a Jimmy Vesey or Shaynre Gostisbehere than playing a .500 season and trying to win the AHC tournament year after year. I'd like to see ECAC schools in the GPC and I think many of ECAC schools would like to see RIT playing in their barns. RPI put 4200 + at their rink when RIT visited only to be surpassed by their Q-PAC senior Night game this season. RIT drew the second biggest crowd for RPI this season.

That's my opinion. I'm sure others have different opinions, but like Tom wrote, we'll see.
      This is almost exactly in line with my opinion. I'd much rather us peace out of the AHC, take our lumps for a few years adjusting to ECAC play, and then once the recruiting has significantly improved due to the quality of opponent, compete. Besides, none of the Ivies offer athletic scholarships either, so that would help even the playing field. Union can compete without being able to give scholarships, no reason to think we couldn't too.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
        This is almost exactly in line with my opinion. I'd much rather us peace out of the AHC, take our lumps for a few years adjusting to ECAC play, and then once the recruiting has significantly improved due to the quality of opponent, compete. Besides, none of the Ivies offer athletic scholarships either, so that would help even the playing field. Union can compete without being able to give scholarships, no reason to think we couldn't too.
        I really think the ECAC is the best fit for the Tigers, but to all those using Union as an example of being able to compete without scholarship. Look at how long it to for them to reach that level. Are we that patient?
        John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
        AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
        AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
        NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
        NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
        NCAA DII - 1983
        NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

• Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
          I really think the ECAC is the best fit for the Tigers, but to all those using Union as an example of being able to compete without scholarship. Look at how long it to for them to reach that level. Are we that patient?
          Based on the pre-game comments, I'd say no!

Without scholarships, the hill to climb remains
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

My understanding is that Union did not have great administrative support - I don't think that would be the case at RIT. However, I do think it would take several years before RIT is even competitive on a consistant basis in ECAC. It's a strong conference right now.

Would RIT get better recruits - but it would take a long time to get to the top.
            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2010 Frozen Four participant
            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
              RIT is not starting from zero, though. We have great administrative support and a (relatively) successful history. We are already fairly competitive with ECAC teams in our current state, so 5 years worth of recruiting within the conference should make us at least decent.
              RIT

Comment

And to use the UCONN example again, they started from a much lower position than us and they're already a middle of the road team in Hockey East.
                RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

• Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
                  And to use the UCONN example again, they started from a much lower position than us and they're already a middle of the road team in Hockey East.
                  But, do they offer scholarships? Makes a difference if they do as the ever increasing cost of a college education is a major consideration for most middle-class families.
                  RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                    But, do they offer scholarships? Makes a difference if they do as the ever increasing cost of a college education is a major consideration for most middle-class families.
                    True, they have scholarships and we don't. But that's why we want the ECAC and not hockey east. Union and the Ivies don't seem to be handicapped by it.
                    RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Bump to get all the Asian spam off the front page.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        Bump to get all the Asian spam off the front page.
                        I saw this and was like "oh, did someone put up a spam thread?"

Needless to say, looking was a bad idea. Almost did a spit take with my coffee.

Comment

Agreed. Union languished for years until they got serious and hired Nate Leaman. It still took him 6-7 years to build the program.

Comment

Back to the matter at hand and not the dream of going to ECAC because unless one team leaves, nobody is being added. Hockey East doesn't seem to be in a hurry to add a team.

It clearly would help RIT to sweep Niagara. But even as bad as the Purps have been, I don't think this series will be easy and I would not be surprised if they at least steal a game.
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                              Back to the matter at hand and not the dream of going to ECAC because unless one team leaves, nobody is being added. Hockey East doesn't seem to be in a hurry to add a team.

It clearly would help RIT to sweep Niagara. But even as bad as the Purps have been, I don't think this series will be easy and I would not be surprised if they at least steal a game.
                              Probably depends on how the atmosphere is. The Tigers haven't exactly given the fans a lot to make noise about this year, but if you're there tonight, fake it until you make it :P

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
                                Probably depends on how the atmosphere is. The Tigers haven't exactly given the fans a lot to make noise about this year, but if you're there tonight, fake it until you make it :P
                                Not sure how much atmosphere impacts this Tiger team. RIT's home record is an abysmal 5-11-1 (8-9 on the road).
                                Can't we all just get along?
                                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X