Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    Battling for recruits with MU, NU, & RMU most specifically will be a bit more difficult since there will be more free rides available in the same conference. They'll just have to be even more resourceful finding those kids that slip through the recruiting cracks or don't need athletic scholarships for whatever reason.
    True but going to a team that can make the frozen four versus teams that tend to falter in the play-offs or first round of the regionals is a much better reason to play at RIT. There's always need-based and merit scholarships out there so that takes a little of the sting out of it.
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Anyone know when Brick City tickets will go on sale?
      RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
        Anyone know when Brick City tickets will go on sale?
        They already are as of August 11 or so.
        Can't we all just get along?
        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          True but going to a team that can make the frozen four versus teams that tend to falter in the play-offs or first round of the regionals is a much better reason to play at RIT. There's always need-based and merit scholarships out there so that takes a little of the sting out of it.
          Really? One appearance in the FF makes RIT that much more likely to make it there again? I wouldn't exactly infer a trend there. On any given weekend, any of the top AHC teams could pull an upset of a top rated national power. RIT was just fortunate to pull it off twice in one weekend. You do realize that RIT has only won one one out of three NCAA tournament games in the 6 years since that FF appearance, right?
          Can't we all just get along?
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Really? One appearance in the FF makes RIT that much more likely to make it there again? I wouldn't exactly infer a trend there. On any given weekend, any of the top AHC teams could pull an upset of a top rated national power. RIT was just fortunate to pull it off twice in one weekend. You do realize that RIT has only won one one out of three NCAA tournament games in the 6 years since that FF appearance, right?
            Hi there.....yeah, I'm aware but can you name another AHA team that has made the FF in the last 7 years? Another western school you listed that has made the tourney finals?

Tourney Appearances:

CAN - 2013
            RMU - 2014
            RIT - 2010,2015,2016
            AFA - 2011,2012

Sum:
            RIT = 3
            AFA = 2
            RMU = 1
            CAN = 1

Results:
            1 and done in the NCAA's = RMU, CAN, AFA, RIT(2016)
            NCAA Tourney Final = RIT (2015)
            NCAA Frozen Four = RIT (2010)

If I recall, RIT played as well as any D-1 team in betting Denver in 2010 and absolutely smoked UH in the final.
            Were they fortunate in 2015, yes but holding the #1 seed to 1 goal was unexpected by everyone, including Barry Melrose.
            2016 was a close game until that first goal and then the flood gates opened.

The coaching staff is solid, excellent game attendance numbers, a nice arena and with the schools reputation in academics plus the fact that there e are other ways that the school helps its students out with cost by giving out other scholarships, grants, etc. tilts a player that can forgo a full athletic scholarship for a partial one from RIT that would lean them towards playing at RIT. Having a good shot at playing in the tourney and beyond also helps.

And your right, any team can beat any team on any given day but the stats above show that RIT has had a hot hand over the past few years and nobody else has been able to get past the first night of play except for RIT.

You may not think it's a trend but you have to admit, the graph is trending up.
            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
              Tourney Appearances:

CAN - 2013
              RMU - 2014
              RIT - 2010,2015,2016
              AFA - 2011,2012

Sum:
              RIT = 3
              AFA = 2
              RMU = 1
              CAN = 1

Results:
              1 and done in the NCAA's = RMU, CAN, AFA, RIT(2016)
              NCAA Tourney Final = RIT (2015)
              NCAA Frozen Four = RIT (2010)
              Keep in mind those other teams that you listed didn't exactly get blown out, with the exception of Robert Morris. In Air Force's 2 appearances, they lost 2-1 in overtime against Yale, and they lost 2-0 against the eventual national champion Boston College. Canisius led Quinnipiac 2-1 after 2 periods before losing 4-3... And all 3 of those opponents were the overall #1 going in. So sure, maybe no other team has managed to get that win... But there have been a bunch of close calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Haaafs View Post
                Keep in mind those other teams that you listed didn't exactly get blown out, with the exception of Robert Morris. In Air Force's 2 appearances, they lost 2-1 in overtime against Yale, and they lost 2-0 against the eventual national champion Boston College. Canisius led Quinnipiac 2-1 after 2 periods before losing 4-3... And all 3 of those opponents were the overall #1 going in. So sure, maybe no other team has managed to get that win... But there have been a bunch of close calls.

Yep, well aware of the close games and to be fair, when the tigers lost, the losses weren't exactly close ones. The point I'm trying to make is that even with not being able to give scholarships, IMHO, I think RIT has a lot to offer when getting players to commit and winning games when it counts certainly doesn't help.
                RIT Tigers

Comment

They already are as of August 11 or so.
                  I can add that I purchased mine yesterday and if you are looking for four or more seats together you are quickly running out of time for seats on either side of the ice, seats from center ice down to either blue line seem to be all sold except for singles here and there, still plenty of plenty of seats behind the goals. Of course we know this but if any UCONN fans are thinking of making the trip they should not wait too much longer to get their tickets. I used RIT's BrickCity web page to navigate to the page to purchase the tickets.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Well, the Polisseni Center is now down to only the third-largest arena in Atlantic Hockey...

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                      Well, the Polisseni Center is now down to only the third-largest arena in Atlantic Hockey...

Powers &8^]
                      I'd rather play in a full 4,300 seat than an empty 6,000.
                      RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

I know all games during the season are important, but an early weekend series vs RoMo seems just a little more important than most. That said, wouldn't the coaching staff opt for basically keeping those two first lines together to start the season; the freshman (now soph) line VKB, and Powell-CCameron-and an upperclassman to replace Mitchell. It's not exactly a time to experiment, though Coach Wilson has surprised us. The four upperclass D-men should see a lot of ice-time, too. If memory serves, RoMo had a fairly veteran team last year, though I might be wrong about that, and they too may be searching for working combos.
                        It could be a wide-open weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
                          I'd rather play in a full 4,300 seat **on campus** than an empty **off campus** 6,000.

RIT Hockey FB Group
                          Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Kuqali was +2 over the weekend in the NJ Devils prospect game against Buffalo, no goals, no assists.
                            https://***********/NJDevilsPR

But he did not play the next day in the game against the Bruins.

RIT Hockey FB Group
                            Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Originally posted by ken66 View Post
                              I know all games during the season are important, but an early weekend series vs RoMo seems just a little more important than most. That said, wouldn't the coaching staff opt for basically keeping those two first lines together to start the season; the freshman (now soph) line VKB, and Powell-CCameron-and an upperclassman to replace Mitchell. It's not exactly a time to experiment, though Coach Wilson has surprised us. The four upperclass D-men should see a lot of ice-time, too. If memory serves, RoMo had a fairly veteran team last year, though I might be wrong about that, and they too may be searching for working combos.
                              It could be a wide-open weekend.
                              RIT has never played well in the first half of he season let alone first weekend... Let's see if they can change this!
                              R I T HOCKEY
                              Frozen Four
                              Elite Eight
                              NCAA Tournament
                              2010-2015-2016
                              RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by ken66 View Post
                                If memory serves, RoMo had a fairly veteran team last year, though I might be wrong about that, and they too may be searching for working combos.
                                There's a reason last year's regular season champions were picked to finish 6th this year.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X