Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Christian Short in tonight.

EDIT: Also Brady Norrish moved up to 4th line center...
    Last edited by kwm4385; 01-21-2017, 06:43 PM.
    RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

3-0 just moments into the second. I guess the team wasn't reading USCHO today to realize this game was do or die.
      RIT

Comment

3-0 now in the second. This is ugly. Tigers are a sick hockey team right now. Looks like everybody is on a different page of the playbook.
        John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
        AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
        AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
        NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
        NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
        NCAA DII - 1983
        NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

I don't know what to say... everything that had been mentioned from quality shots, to effort, to goaltending was there tonight yet nothing went right. Were I a superstitious man I'd say this team is jinxed. Or Charles Williams is really THAT good.
          RIT Tigers

Comment

Really insightful interview with coach Wilson after the game. Basically the team is way out of sync after being 100% healthy and building chemistry for the first half and now suddenly having so many injured. Even with the players out tonight, many others were playing injured or sick tonight. Chase Norrish is also out for the season for surgery. Myles Powell is also playing injured and will have surgery after the season. Others are day to day.
            Last edited by kwm4385; 01-21-2017, 09:23 PM.
            RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
              ....... A win would get them out of that three-way tie for 3rd ......
              I suppose a lost could get them out of that three way tie too..

Oh boy. Think we are at a critical point in this season. After they beat AIC two Friday nights ago the AIC coach (Coach Lang) ripped his AIC team, said they were the JV playing the Varsity. I thought that was harsh but AIC came out the next night and beat the Tigers. AIC responded. Give that coach credit. They are playing well right now. The question is what does Coach Wilson say to this RIT after this loss to Canisius? The Tigers are going to have a tough stretch run finishing up this season. Probably playing on the road for the playoffs.
              Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 01-21-2017, 09:30 PM.
              RPI Engineers
              RIT Tigers
              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                I suppose a lost could get them out of that three way tie too..

Oh boy. Think we are at a critical point in this season. After they beat AIC two Friday nights ago the AIC coach (Coach Lang) ripped his AIC team, said they were the JV playing the Varsity. I thought that was harsh but AIC came out the next night and beat the Tigers. AIC responded. Give that coach credit. They are playing well right now. The question is what does Coach Wilson say to this RIT after this loss to Canisius? The Tigers are going to have a tough stretch run finishing up this season. Probably playing on the road for the playoffs.
                Not the math I was hoping for.

Sad to say, with only 9 games left and splits possible against HC and Bentley but not looking good with series against AFA, RMU and a single Mercyhurst game, Tigers might be lookin at another weekend sweep before the regular season ends.

Tigers need to get some splits or sweeps of their own if they hope to Have a chance of staying at home in the play-offs

. RMU and CAN look to have light schedules ahead of them so it will be tough to catch them.

I'm remaining hopeful they can form up again and be a force on the ice but it is looking bleak!
                Last edited by blazer777; 01-22-2017, 08:52 AM.
                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                  Not the math I was hoping for.
                  Tigers need to get some splits or sweeps of their own if they hope to Have a chance of staying at home in the play-offs
                  Looks like the Tigers are trying to earn home games by falling BACK in the standings. The way things are going since early December, the 1 through 4 slots are not likely in the equation at the moment. 6th through 8th places do get a home series, however. Unfortunately, 9th or lower aren't necessarily out of the question either, if things go (or stay?) completely off the rails.
                  Last edited by TigerFan86-87; 01-23-2017, 01:14 PM.
                  Can't we all just get along?
                  Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                    Looks like the Tigers are trying to earn home games by falling BACK in the standings. The way things are going since early December, the 1 through 4 slots are not likely in the equation at the moment. 6th through 8th places do get a home series, however. Unfortunately, 9th or lower aren't necessarily out of the question either, if things go (or stay?) completely off the rails.
                    With the last few weeks worth of games against AIC and Sacred Heart I wouldn't even feel confident playing against them in the playoffs at this point..
                    RIT

Comment

Tigers could use a Niagara win tonight!

And yes Winters, the confidence level against any team is a bit low at this point even though they are in fifth.
                      RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                        Tigers could use a Niagara win tonight!

And yes Winters, the confidence level against any team is a bit low at this point even though they are in fifth.
                        Niagara losing 1-0 at the moment early in the first, we'll see how it goes.

Well if we slip bad in the remainder of the season how long before we start talking about the number of scholarships on the other teams excluding Army, Air Force and RIT? We may need to do some Union-esque type recruiting ala Coach Bennett.
                        Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 01-25-2017, 05:43 AM.
                        RPI Engineers
                        RIT Tigers
                        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

No help from Niagara last night, buckle up for the stretch run, it will interesting to see how the season winds up. Looks like,RMU, Canisius, Army, and Air Force have the best chance to take the regular season championship. RIT could factor in on the final standings with series against RMU and AF still on the schedule.
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                            No help from Niagara last night, buckle up for the stretch run, it will interesting to see how the season winds up. Looks like,RMU, Canisius, Army, and Air Force have the best chance to take the regular season championship. RIT could factor in on the final standings with series against RMU and AF still on the schedule.
                            Yeah, that's where I'm hoping for some spits from the Tigers to pull closer to the top four. Injuries might be less of a factor then as they move into those games. If only Niagara was on the schedule, sigh!
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

Looking to the future, any thoughts on incoming President Munson and the implications for hockey? Coming from Michigan, obviously a school with a strong hockey tradition, I expect him to be an ally for elevating this program as far as it'll go.
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
                                Looking to the future, any thoughts on incoming President Munson and the implications for hockey? Coming from Michigan, obviously a school with a strong hockey tradition, I expect him to be an ally for elevating this program as far as it'll go.
                                Well hopefully this doesn't mean we we go to the NCAAs for all most every year this decade and not win a National Title
                                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule
                                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Working...
                                X