Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    Flat. Listening to Coaches post game with our radio guys sounds like Wayne was disappointed in how the team played in that first period. Yes, there was a layoff but that was no excuse for the tentative play and being down 2-0 after one. BG had a layoff too and just dominated the Tigers in the first period. In the meantime congrats RoMo for beating Q-Pac (and Ferris State the night before) and for Army playing to a spirited draw with Dartmouth.
    Tigers always play flat in the first period of OOC games, it's in their nature! Now that they are back on the ranch, let's see how the 2nd half of the season goes.
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
      Tigers always play flat in the first period of OOC games, it's in their nature! Now that they are back on the ranch, let's see how the 2nd half of the season goes.
      If RIT is going to go to the next level, this will need to be corrected.
      As for this season - time to take care of business in the conference schedule.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

There is a disturbing pattern this season of this team coming out flat. High expectations could lead to high disappointment if that is not corrected...
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

I decided to take a look at how former Tigers have been doing around the world... And Josh Mitchell and Brad McGowan are tearing the Oberliga apart!

Right now McGowan leads the league in goals and points. Mitchell leads in assists.

Their stats?
          McGowan: 43 goals and 35 assists in 28 games.
          Mitchell: 9 goals and 56 assists in the same 28 games.

I know it's only the Oberliga, but those stats are insane no matter what league you are in.

Comment

No Brady Norrish tonight due to injury.
            RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

• Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
              Have to admit I was getting a little nervous listening to the game tonight. Started sounding like a game where you let the other guy hang around too long. Glad RIT was able to put the game away late. Every point is going to be critical in this second half given how bunched up the teams are.
              RPI Engineers
              RIT Tigers
              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Tigers were fortunate to get the win tonight. I couldnt believe how slow and uninspired they looked tonight. I thought maybe having watched the USA vs Canada world junior championship skewed my perception but I was glad to see Coach wilson also felt they were lethargic,sloppy and had a complete lack of energy as well. It was probably the lowest energy and sloppiest game Ive seen them play in a very long time. Rotolo played great making some big saves. SH has a few speedy talented guys and a real solid Goalie but RIT top to bottom is a better team but they totally played down to their level tonight.

Comment

Mike Rotolo really saved RIT last night. In fact, both goalies were "on", and didn't allow any cheap goals. SH can skate, and RIT had real trouble getting the puck out of their zone. Sloppy play and lackluster effort on their part. Way too many turnovers in our zone. Reviewing the game tape on TWC, I don't see a clear high-stick by Brown on the disallowed goal. They must have seen something I didn't. That happens sometimes. Watching a little of St Lawrence/Canisius, and the Griffins are playing well. Right now, it looks like AF/Canisius/RoMo/Army are the class of Atlantic Hockey. RIT will definitely regret losing that 5-1 lead, and not sweeping RoMo earlier in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
                    It is amazing how much that loss was felt on offense.
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                      It is amazing how much that loss was felt on offense.
                      Agree with you, Brady is a playmaker and his assist numbers reflect that. I think we have enough firepower on this team to have someone step up to the plate to fill Brady's playmaking role while he is out. There is an opportunity, let's see who steps up..I expect RIT to come out flying tonight.
                      RPI Engineers
                      RIT Tigers
                      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                        I expect RIT to come out flying tonight.
                        I really hope so, but the results so far this season don't give me a lot of evidence to expect this. I hope I'm proven wrong!
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

What an embarrassment.
                          RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
                            What an embarrassment.
                            Well no one stepped up to the plate. I turned it off at 4-1. Not a good way to put butts in seats at GPC. There are no gimmies this year. You don't show up to play you don't win. Did not play well this weekend.
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                              Well no one stepped up to the plate. I turned it off at 4-1. Not a good way to put butts in seats at GPC. There are no gimmies this year. You don't show up to play you don't win. Did not play well this weekend.
                              I had just come back from Seattle to watch this game and I walked out of the GPC at 4-1... I am so disappointed.
                              R I T HOCKEY
                              Frozen Four
                              Elite Eight
                              NCAA Tournament
                              2010-2015-2016
                              RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

• TWC just showed the Friday night game down this way so it was good to watch the 3-1 win. Just starting the rebroadcast of the Saturday game which I'll watch too. I know we expect so much from this team, most of us are crushed when they lose. We are two times defending tournament champs, are we expecting too much? We all agree that the teams are tightly bunched this year yet we expect nothing less than a sweep at home when we play someone below us in the standings. I think I'm going to calibrate myself for a bumpy ride the rest of the way. Hoping for home ice for the playoffs. Hoping all the boys nursing nagging bruises and injuries will be ready to go come playoff time.
                                RPI Engineers
                                RIT Tigers
                                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Working...
                                X