Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Valenzuela's goal from Saturday should make the NCAA's top five this week: https://youtu.be/8ikTwlSkE7I?t=39s

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
      7-1 and 6-2 Sounds like a pretty good weekend to me. Nice to close out the first half of the conference schedule with a 5 game win streak. TIgers are playing well. Three non conference games could be a great barometer to see if this streak is real.
      I kind of like having a couple out of conference games in the middle of the season to see where the team is at this point. Providence and Bowling Green will be tough, but I don't think it would be a major shock if RIT took one of the three games.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        Valenzuela's goal from Saturday should make the NCAA's top five this week: https://youtu.be/8ikTwlSkE7I?t=39s

Powers &8^]
        This is probably one of the most beauitful goals I've seen a Tiger score since Garbowski against Mercyhurst in 2014. I hope Gabe stays a Tiger for all 4 years!
        R I T HOCKEY
        Frozen Four
        Elite Eight
        NCAA Tournament
        2010-2015-2016
        RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
          This is probably one of the most beauitful goals I've seen a Tiger score since Garbowski against Mercyhurst in 2014. I hope Gabe stays a Tiger for all 4 years!
          In Valenzuela, Brown, and Kruper, there are three guys with the best hands I've seen on the Tigers in a long time. Have only seen them on TWC this season, but planning on being in attendance at the Saturday game and hope to be able to see them produce some magic.
          John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
          AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
          AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
          NCAA DII - 1983
          NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

• Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
            In Valenzuela, Brown, and Kruper, there are three guys with the best hands I've seen on the Tigers in a long time. Have only seen them on TWC this season, but planning on being in attendance at the Saturday game and hope to be able to see them produce some magic.
            Even in this 5 game winning streak I still don't think RIT is no where near where they could be once they find their stride. I could be wrong but I think this is the most talented RIT team yet, though they need to gel.
            R I T HOCKEY
            Frozen Four
            Elite Eight
            NCAA Tournament
            2010-2015-2016
            RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

RIT's GF in conference, compared to the rest of the league, is pretty impressive. No complaining about finish this year
              RIT Tigers
              Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
              Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
              Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                RIT's GF in conference, compared to the rest of the league, is pretty impressive. No complaining about finish this year
                Coming off a weekend when your opponent gives up a lot of softies and horrible giveaways certainly helps, but overall I think RIT is better at finishing quality chances, something I did feel was a crutch at time last year and ultimately did them in against Quinnipiac in the Tournament. I agree with Mr. Rochester that there is still an even higher gear this team can hit. Very happy that after playing Niagara that they are going to play 3 NC games against good teams. Just a reminder that the road ahead gets tougher...
                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                The Mule
                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

that inflated the numbers but they were already well ahead of everyone else in the conference, prior to this weekend, in regards to goal for
                  RIT Tigers
                  Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                  Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                  Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                    Coming off a weekend when your opponent gives up a lot of softies and horrible giveaways certainly helps, but overall I think RIT is better at finishing quality chances, something I did feel was a crutch at time last year and ultimately did them in against Quinnipiac in the Tournament. I agree with Mr. Rochester that there is still an even higher gear this team can hit. Very happy that after playing Niagara that they are going to play 3 NC games against good teams. Just a reminder that the road ahead gets tougher...
                    They've certainly shown the ability to explode offensively in a number of games much better than in the past, but still have struggled at times (i.e. Canisius weekend). They've had both extremes.
                    They've scored a whopping 59 goals in 16 games, 3.69 average, which is awesome.
                    36 of the 59 goals were scored in only 6 games (11 in RMU series, 13 in NU series, 6 in game 1 against Army and game 2 against Bentley) for a 6.0 average.
                    The remaining 10 games only produced 23 goals, 2.3 average.
                    They've got the same number of games (5) with 6 or more goals (5-0-0) as they do with 2 or fewer goals (1-3-1).
                    The trend lately seems to be on the upward swing, so this could get exciting. Let's hope they keep it going, at least once conference play resumes in the new year.
                    An upset of PC would be great, but even if they lose both this weekend, it'll hardly be a disappointment. As long as the games are competitive (no reason to believe they won't be), they'll be good tests.
                    Can't we all just get along?
                    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                      (no reason to believe they won't be)
                      Indeed. Statistically, the teams appear evenly matched. And both got two votes in this week's poll.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                        This makes sense even if you just look at the math. A certain percentage of all viewers will click on the feature stories, where only a given percentage of a more limited group (fans of the teams involved, for the most part) will bother to click on game summaries. I happen to be a fan of Amerks, Sabres, Bills, Yankees, and RIT, so would likely click on multiple game stories in our paper. Those that may only be fans of two, one, or none of those teams may only click on one or two of them if they're interested. In past days when I actually read the paper, the box scores and game summaries were my favorite parts, but only for the teams I had some rooting interest or connection to. I wouldn't read all the MLB, NHL, and NFL summaries, just the ones about my teams and my teams' rivals where applicable.
                        Additionally, I had heard (probably also on sports talk radio) some years ago that they have gradually de-emphasized the coverage of all professional / major college sports (most notably local minor league teams) , save for the Bills and the Orange, in favor of more high school coverage because anyone can go to multiple free websites to get all the pro sports info they want, (practically in real-time in most cases). So as you stated, by the time it gets into the paper it's old news. They had kept the high school stuff because of the large number of local readers either involved in or connected to those teams. People get a real kick out of seeing their school's, child's, friend's team in print. That same emotional connection to the stories does not exist with Amerks, Red Wings, Knighthawks, Rhinos, or even RIT. A very large majority of the players on those teams have no connection to our local community outside of the fact that they play here.
                        I don't get why news sources don't try to distinguish themselves from the pack by covering stuff no one else is covering. Is the D&C Bills coverage superior to the Buffalo news, or NFL.com or ESPN? It's not, so why devote resources to teams covered by everyone? No one else is covering Rochester high school and college sports. No one else is covering the Red Wings and Amerks. I suppose I am wrong about this because I assume people are more discerning than they really are, and would realize that there is loads of national coverage of the Bills and what they get in Rochester is derivative.

Comment

Was hoping for a closer score last night, in fact I predicted a tie in the AHA pickem as I thought RIT would come out with more fire on Friday night. Given the result and the hope for a better showing tonight do you think Short will get tonight's start? Looking long term I think he does as RIT should be just thinking to stay in the upper half of the standings, stay healthy and be playing their best hockey come playoff time. Still hoping for a win tonight though, we certainly have the big guns to get it done.
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Gabe Valenzuela was scratched last night, I assume he's injured? Anyone know what's up with him?
                            RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
                              Gabe Valenzuela was scratched last night, I assume he's injured? Anyone know what's up with him?
                              It is due to injury. Don't remember what it was or how serious. No reason to potentially make it worse in a non-conference game.

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                                Was hoping for a closer score last night, in fact I predicted a tie in the AHA pickem as I thought RIT would come out with more fire on Friday night. Given the result and the hope for a better showing tonight do you think Short will get tonight's start? Looking long term I think he does as RIT should be just thinking to stay in the upper half of the standings, stay healthy and be playing their best hockey come playoff time. Still hoping for a win tonight though, we certainly have the big guns to get it done.
                                I don't think that the score indicated how close the game was for the most part. Providence got some lucky bounces where RIT did not. Hope tonight is a different story.

I would like to see Short get the start.

Comment

Working...
                                X