Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
    Attendance is usually lower in the first half of the season than the second. If I had to guess it'd be between that and having very few home games so far.
    It didn't help that we had lost 4 in a row and something like 6 of our last 8 coming into this weekend. It's been a long time since we were at home and have mostly been losing since. Doesn't exactly drum up excitement for the weekend.
    RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
      It didn't help that we had lost 4 in a row and something like 6 of our last 8 coming into this weekend. It's been a long time since we were at home and have mostly been losing since. Doesn't exactly drum up excitement for the weekend.
      With the Thanksgiving Break coming up quite a few students are working on group projects that are due next week. If a couple of students want to go to the game, and a couple of students in the same group want to finish up a project, the project usually wins out and the students don't go to the game. I imagine RIT tracks student tickets as well as general public tickets per game. It would be interesting to see how those numbers impact attendance. I also know that some professors have midnight Saturday deadlines for online homework submissions. I'm sure that keeps some students busy too.

Regardless of GPC numbers, what do you think the attendance numbers will be for the away Mercyhurst game this Wednesday before break? I imagine the over/under would probably be around 300.
      Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 11-20-2016, 10:29 AM. Reason: spelling
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
        Regardless of GPC numbers, what do you think the attendance numbers will be for the away Mercyhurst game this Wednesday before break? I imagine the over/under would probably be around 300.
        That probably is the number and most likely inflated too... I don't compare RIT's numbers to AHC teams though. Maybe I'm just snobbish. I always compare them to the ECAC.
        R I T HOCKEY
        Frozen Four
        Elite Eight
        NCAA Tournament
        2010-2015-2016
        RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
          That probably is the number and most likely inflated too... I don't compare RIT's numbers to AHC teams though. Maybe I'm just snobbish. I always compare them to the ECAC.
          Worth mentioning that all these games still would have sold out Ritter. Sure maybe down from past numbers but still a lot better than it was a few years ago. No one gets turned away at the doors anymore.

Comment

Closer to 500 will be the number. Holiday week, peoples family in town, what else can you do other than staring at each other but attend a fairly low-cost hockey game?
            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

With the Thanksgiving Break coming up quite a few students are working on group projects that are due next week. If a couple of students want to go to the game, and a couple of students in the same group want to finish up a project, the project usually wins out and the students don't go to the game. I imagine RIT tracks student tickets as well as general public tickets per game. It would be interesting to see how those numbers impact attendance. I also know that some professors have midnight Saturday deadlines for online homework submissions. I'm sure that keeps some students busy too.

The student section and general admission as a whole were filled. The issue is (and always is) the paid seats at the other end of the ice. Those aren't usually the ones filled by students.
              RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                The student section and general admission as a whole were filled. The issue is (and always is) the paid seats at the other end of the ice. Those aren't usually the ones filled by students.
                Some of the sections on the other end are GA too, but they are still less popular than the bench seating.
                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                  Some of the sections on the other end are GA too, but they are still less popular than the bench seating.
                  The three sections on the very end are supposed to be GA, but there is no visible indication of that anywhere. The general public and overflow students with GA tickets just go in and sit wherever they want at that end of the ice. The ushers rarely check tickets or stop anyone from going into the reserved sections. When they converted those sections to GA last season, they could have at least placed signs over the stairwell entry ways indicating "Reserved This Way" and "General Admission That Way", but they didn't. So everyone is left to guess, pretty much.
                  Can't we all just get along?
                  Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                    Just curious where he should have got that other start? I would have guessed Canisius had the whole team aside from Rotolo tanked that Friday game and you should not bench the only player who showed up.

I expect Short to get one of the Providence games as it is non-league. But other than that, I think it depends on how the rest of the team is playing.
                    Pick any of the games in my opinion. We keep hearing that it is smarter to build your team for the playoffs than win a Regular Season title, so that is another source of confusion for me. Unless, do you really think Short is that much of a fall off from Rotolo? Who I thought was outstanding this weekend!
                    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule
                    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                      Pick any of the games in my opinion. We keep hearing that it is smarter to build your team for the playoffs than win a Regular Season title, so that is another source of confusion for me. Unless, do you really think Short is that much of a fall off from Rotolo? Who I thought was outstanding this weekend!
                      I think circumstances play into it. While the post season matters more, you want to put yourself into position to make things easier. I think you can make the case for Rotolo being the best player on the team right now. So he just might be that much better than Short.

This team still is not where it can be. One really good period got RIT the win Friday, and both teams were sloppy on Saturday and they were lucky to get the OT win. At this point, I'm not sure if I would be comfortable with anyone BUT Rotolo in net.
                      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2010 Frozen Four participant
                      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

The Rochester D&C reporting left something to be desired this past weekend.
                        1) "Sports on TV" no longer lists the home RIT games on TW Ch. 26
                        2) Saturday's article mistakenly did not mention the home game to be played that night, but instead said the next game would be Wed. at Mercyhurst
                        3) Sunday's article writer forgot about the Mercyhurst game, but mentioned the game after that instead as being the next game.
                        4) Sunday's article gave total credit for the OT goal to Powell, not saying he tipped it, but saying he initiated the shot.... no mention of the laser shot from Brubacher.
                        Oh, and I have to blame RIT for this one... they have apparently decided not to advertise home RIT hockey games in the D&C any longer. I have yet to see one ad.
                        Last edited by RITFan67; 11-22-2016, 07:12 PM.
                        RIT TIGERS
                        Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                        Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
                        Frozen Four 2010
                        The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

After losing two games by identical 4-3 scores to Air Force it was nice to get by Mercyhurst tonight by the same 4-3 score, especially scoring with less than a minute to play. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Exciting game last night... the Tigers really had it together. Nice win and nice to be tied in first place in the conference before the holidays. Adding to my mini-rant above about local news coverage of Tigers hockey: No mention of last night's game was to be found in this morning's D&C. Oh well, maybe they put the paper to bed early yesterday so everyone could go home and have a little extra time for Thanksgiving. Can't fault them for that. Happy Thanksgiving!
                            RIT TIGERS
                            Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                            Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
                            Frozen Four 2010
                            The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving! Good game last night and good to see the offense come to life when the team needed it
                              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by RITFan67 View Post
                                Oh well, maybe they put the paper to bed early yesterday so everyone could go home and have a little extra time for Thanksgiving. Can't fault them for that. Happy Thanksgiving!
                                They did. None of the AHL results from last night made it onto the scoreboard, either. They must have gone to press around 9.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X