Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Well, I like nice. But on a different topic...

There's some absolutely disgusting behavior coming out of Colorado Springs. Air Force has changed the game times this coming weekend to give the home team as huge an advantage as they possibly could. First make the east coast team start a game at 9:30 EST, then a 17-hour turnaround for game 2. How can they be allowed to do that?

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
      Well, I like nice. But on a different topic...

There's some absolutely disgusting behavior coming out of Colorado Springs. Air Force has changed the game times this coming weekend to give the home team as huge an advantage as they possibly could. First make the east coast team start a game at 9:30 EST, then a 17-hour turnaround for game 2. How can they be allowed to do that?

Powers &8^]
      Because football likely takes precedence over hockey and Air Force is home against Colorado State. Same happened last weekend at West Point when Army hosted Air Force in football on Saturday (sell out) and then delayed the start of the Hockey game from 7:05pm to 8:05 to give the football fans a chance to clear out. Air Force probably has other events that make hockey take a back seat to more 'important' events to the detriment of RIT. Nice.
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
        Because football likely takes precedence over hockey and Air Force is home against Colorado State.
        That is indeed the case. ESPN picked up the Air Force/Colorado State game just last week, rescheduling it until 8:05pm MST on Saturday. This has caused a ripple effect of rescheduling across all Air Force athletics for the weekend, including hockey, basketball and several others.

If you have never been to the Air Force Academy, a sold out football game absolutely takes over the entire campus and athletic staffs.
        Scott Biggar
        WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
        Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Awfully convenient for Coach Serratore's squad, though, isn't it? Like we needed any more disadvantages going in there.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
            Awfully convenient for Coach Serratore's squad, though, isn't it? Like we needed any more disadvantages going in there.
            There is no doubt that it makes the weekend games even more difficult for the Tigers.
            Scott Biggar

Comment

Air Force not playing at the same RIT is?? It's not ideal, but get some extra rest on the flight and go play...
              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule
              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Logan Drackett ‏@MrDrackett 22m22 minutes ago
                Very excited to announce my commitment to @RITMHKY ! Thanks for everyone who has supported me and helped me along the way! #gotigers

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=199574
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                  Logan Drackett ‏@MrDrackett 22m22 minutes ago
                  Very excited to announce my commitment to @RITMHKY ! Thanks for everyone who has supported me and helped me along the way! #gotigers

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=199574
                  Goalie - 5'11", DOB 01/10/1998, leads AJHL in minutes played(1018), and wins(11).

2016-17: 17games, 2,71GAA, 0.896sv% 11-5-1

career: 61games, 2.74GAA, 0.915sv%

Last year he won the Viterra Cup Award (Most Player of Game Awards in AJHL), along with being named to the South Division All-League and All-Rookie team.

League Release: http://www.ajhl.ca/media-centre/news...html?nID=10166
                  Last edited by XCTiger; 11-08-2016, 05:31 PM.
                  John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                  AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                  AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                  NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                  NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                  NCAA DII - 1983
                  NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Getting a split out of Air Force would be a very good result. The short turnaround between Friday and Saturday will put more pressure on the loser of the Friday game to salvage points on the weekend with less time to recover.
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Now that the election is out of the way, maybe they can focus on playing some quality hockey this weekend!
                      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                        Now that the election is out of the way, maybe they can focus on playing some quality hockey this weekend!
                        Like many of us, I'm sure many of them were up late last night and into this morning, hope they get some sleep/rest on the flight out to Colorado.
                        RPI Engineers
                        RIT Tigers
                        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Like many of us, I'm sure many of them were up late last night and into this morning, hope they get some sleep/rest on the flight out to Colorado.
                          No non-stops via the commercial airlines, how do they travel to Colorado?
                          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                            No non-stops via the commercial airlines, how do they travel to Colorado?
                            Probably through O'Hare, busy airport, but I honestly do not know. Maybe our radio guys know more about the travel itinerary.
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Probably through O'Hare, busy airport, but I honestly do not know. Maybe our radio guys know more about the travel itinerary.
                              The team is flying in and out of Denver, via O'Hare. With the number of players/staff and all the equipment, Denver provides access to larger planes and more options than Colorado Springs.

We are flying in and out of Colorado Springs, also via O'Hare.
                              Scott Biggar

Comment

In all my years I never consider the affect the election has on the team
                                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule
                                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Working...
                                X