Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rochester View Post
    Holy Cross was spanked by AIC!
    AIC's new coach brings a service academy like intensity to the new AIC. I will not be surprised to see AIC win a lot of first games in two game series as other AHC teams adjust to AIC's new game style. Like Coach Wilson mentioned many times any team can beat any other team on any given night in Atlantic hockey. You need points every weekend to stay in the top half of the standings. That said I think Holy Cross will take the second game of this series.
    RPI Engineers
    RIT Tigers
    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Originally posted by Rochester
      Luck... Undeserving loss. Dominating 2nd and 3rd. BS.
      True we didn't get any bounces, but it looked like the team was sleepwalking through the first 2 periods. Canisius simply wanted it more.

Good news I suppose it's still ourselves getting in our way for the most part. There were a few times were it looked like their guys were standing still in open ice compared to our speed.
      RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

• Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
        True we didn't get any bounces, but it looked like the team was sleepwalking through the first 2 periods. Canisius simply wanted it more.

Good news I suppose it's still ourselves getting in our way for the most part. There were a few times were it looked like their guys were standing still in open ice compared to our speed.
        Need points (plural) tonight.
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Not sure if the team took the Grifs lightly after their showing last week, but that was disappointing. Rotolo gave them a chance to pull it out with some good saves.

Typically the team follows up a clunker like this with a good game - hopefully that will be the case again tonight.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
            Not sure if the team took the Grifs lightly after their showing last week
            If that's the case I really hope its the last time they get burned by that mindset this season. A good team should approach every game like it'll be a fight to the end, regardless of the opponent.
            RIT Tigers

Comment

1 goal all weekend. Do these Tigers think they are God's gift to the world? Do they think other teams will bow down to them? Get off your high horse RIT. Play like you want to win.
              R I T HOCKEY
              Frozen Four
              Elite Eight
              NCAA Tournament
              2010-2015-2016
              RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Tonight was certainly a better effort than yesterday. Their goalie was simply inhuman both nights though, and that's an understatement.
                That being said though, almost all of our (many) shots were from the perimeter. We got nothing down low until the final sequences.

Still one of those eye-gougingly frustrating weekends though, and next week at Air Force won't be any easier.
                RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
                  Tonight was certainly a better effort than yesterday. Their goalie was simply inhuman both nights though, and that's an understatement.
                  That being said though, almost all of our (many) shots were from the perimeter. We got nothing down low until the final sequences.

Still one of those eye-gougingly frustrating weekends though, and next week at Air Force won't be any easier.
                  Tonight at Tate I had a group of healthy scratch AF players sitting behind me. Nothing like wearing an RIT jersey amongst AF players during an Army - Air Force game. Nonetheless Air Force did RIT a favor by winning tonight and gaining a split with Army thus RIT drops only two points behind Army instead of four. The players sitting around me were all good guys and followed the updates to the Canisius - RIT game on their cell phones. Gave me some ribbing after RIT lost. They're looking forward to RIT coming to Colorado.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                    1 goal all weekend. Do these Tigers think they are God's gift to the world? Do they think other teams will bow down to them? Get off your high horse RIT. Play like you want to win.
                    I mean 85 shots on goal over 2 games sounds like playing like they want to win to me.
                    I was at the Friday night game in Buffalo and their goalie was unreal. He's the sole reason Canisius had a 4 pt weekend, RIT had plenty of quality shots, he just had an equal amount of quality saves.

RIT Hockey FB Group
                    Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Stay the course, 1000 points of light...etc. It's a long season, let's see where it goes.

Sucks to lose two but these things, they do happen!

Makes that Bentley sweep even more important.
                      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                        Stay the course, 1000 points of light...etc. It's a long season, let's see where it goes.

Sucks to lose two but these things, they do happen!

Makes that Bentley sweep even more important.
                        This is all true... But this sweep took RIT out of contention to ever be a ranked team this season. Not that it matters... RIT just needs to win the AHC tournament...
                        R I T HOCKEY
                        Frozen Four
                        Elite Eight
                        NCAA Tournament
                        2010-2015-2016
                        RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                          This is all true... But this sweep took RIT out of contention to ever be a ranked team this season. Not that it matters... RIT just needs to win the AHC tournament...
                          So true this year with all the other teams winning or tying in their OOC matchups.
                          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Aiden Girduckis, brother of Abbot, had committed to Robert Morris. Looks like we'll have a good old fashioned sibling rivalry...
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
                              So was Williams "inhuman", or were almost all of RIT's shots from the perimeter? Those two statements don't go hand in hand.
                              Yes, Williams played well, but RIT didn't truly test him until the end. Canisius (like UConn) figured out that packing the defense into the middle of the zone and forcing all shots to come unscreened from an angle out on the perimeter frustrates the Tigers and they don't find a way to crack through until it's too late. Some blame on the Tigers, some kudos to Canisius. The Griffs got far more legitimate scoring chances (non 6-on-5) with far fewer shots on Saturday, and it sounds from the radio that the same had happened on Friday.
                              Can't we all just get along?
                              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
                                I mean 85 shots on goal over 2 games sounds like playing like they want to win to me.
                                I was at the Friday night game in Buffalo and their goalie was unreal. He's the sole reason Canisius had a 4 pt weekend, RIT had plenty of quality shots, he just had an equal amount of quality saves.
                                I am sorry I have to disagree. Don't take anything away from Charles Williams and Canisius, yes they played very well. But in my opinion, RIT generated far too many outside shots and not enough in close high quality chances. Just about all of their best chances was one on one with a goaltender who was set and ready for the shot with no screen in front. At this level your going to score about 1% of the time when you produce shots like that, and guess what they did over the weekend. My opinion if they played a better team in AHA they would have gotten killed. As it was Friday Rotolo made the two best saves of the night that gave them a chance. I was beside myself on the number of giveaways from the defense men and really felt like I watch the worst game both Norris twins have played to date. Brady really seemed to think that he was going to fire a puck throw a guy standing right in front of him.

Upfront the Tigers are just not physical enough right now. We need a Skirving, McMullen, Mikowski, Girduckis, or Peacock to win a battle infront of the net and get a tip in or a rebound goal. One thing that has annoyed me for years at RIT is all the big men we get that are all most too nice. Adam Hartley was a prime example, I loved how hard he competed and he was a great kid. But sometimes I just wanted to see him run someone over on the ice in the worst way and just never seem to happen. If the Tigers do not find a way to start getting some tips off shots and some rebounds this is going to turn from a season with high expectations to very frustrating. In fact I think it already reached frustrating, I was able to not get overly mad at the RMU debacle because it was so early. The Bentley sweep seemed to show that was true, but this weekend is 2 BIG steps backwards. I'd Give Rotolo an A, everyone else including coaches D-, feeling generous. This teams needs someone other than Mike dropping some F bombs, which were very much heard during Friday's game. Time to stop believing your press clippings and go out there and earn it the good old fashion hard way...
                                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule
                                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Working...
                                X