Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

A lot of athletes forgo college for the pros but then again, a lot of athletes are coaching high school sports after making a decision like that. Not that there's anything wrong with coaching in high school.
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
      Here's an interesting article on Gordie Ballhorn and his decision on decommitting from RIT:

https://www.kelownanow.com/sponsored...-elite-hockey/
      Interesting read, tough decision, he could of also went to RIT, helped the Tigers make it to the NCAA's ala Chris Tanev, be seen on the national stage, be picked up by a NHL team and play in the Stanley Cup... . BTW I see that Chris's brother is playing in the NHL as well (via four years of playing NCAA D1 and an NCAA title). Good for Brandon.

Nonetheless, I wish Gordie well, we're not in his shoes, I do hope he makes it to the NHL.
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

So....Mikowski and Bentley's Balsamo took a dislike to each other in the 3rd period...two penalties each involving both players with the last being a game misconduct. Does the league suspend them both for a game? The game misconduct culminated in some fisty cuffs down in the Bentley end.
        RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          So....Mikowski and Bentley's Balsamo took a dislike to each other in the 3rd period...two penalties each involving both players with the last being a game misconduct. Does the league suspend them both for a game? The game misconduct culminated in some fisty cuffs down in the Bentley end.
          No, they only got 10 minutes misconducts, they could have come back if the game went to over time.

Basically three kinds of misconducts.

10 Minute Misconducts - as it implies you sit for 10 minutes...
          Game Misconducts - Out for the game, but can play in the next game...
          Game Disqualifications - Out for the game and suspended for the next game...
          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule
          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
            Given that the penalties were late in the 3rd I would think not as sometimes those matching misconducts late in the game are more about preventing a larger skirmish than the actual infractions by the two players. Get the two players off the ice and defuse what could be a bigger deal later on. I see Tom just posted and summarized it well.

Nice to see two Tigers pick up weekly Atlantic Hockey awards. Way to go Erik and Brady.
            Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 11-01-2016, 01:14 PM.
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• The only thing stopping these boys from 3-peating is themselves. Once they learn discipline, watch out!

Any chance for positive rep? Someone's not very nice.
              R I T HOCKEY
              Frozen Four
              Elite Eight
              NCAA Tournament
              2010-2015-2016
              RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                The only thing stopping these boys from 3-peating is themselves. Once they learn discipline, watch out!
                At this point actually, it's looking like Holy Cross might be the only thing stopping RIT from a 3-peat.

RIT Hockey FB Group
                Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

• Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
                  At this point actually, it's looking like Holy Cross might be the only thing stopping RIT from a 3-peat.
                  Or Army, lurking in first place at the moment
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                    Big tilt this weekend with Air Force visiting Army for two games. Should give us a good indication of where Army stands after playing an always stout Air Force. If any of you tune into the TV broadcast you might see me behind the Air Force bench if the camera pans the crowd. I'm not hard to see in a crowd of Army and Air Force fans.
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

I'm mostly worried about Air Force. But... Holy Cross? Is there something I'm missing?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                        I'm mostly worried about Air Force. But... Holy Cross? Is there something I'm missing?

Powers &8^]
                        I suspect it's their 3-1 OOC record (Providence, Brown and Union) but then being spanked by BC 6 to 1. They do seem formidable early on when including their AHC games too and goal scoring doesn't seem to be a problem for them.
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

I'm really looking forward to playing Army in a couple weeks. I love how both RIT and Army are 3-1 in league play, but their ways of getting there are completely different. In those 4 games, Army has only scored 10 goals. We've scored 21. Army has basically been riding Gahagen to victory every game. It will be interesting to see if he can continue his dominance or if our ability to put a ton of shots on goal will be too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Haaafs View Post
                            I'm really looking forward to playing Army in a couple weeks. I love how both RIT and Army are 3-1 in league play, but their ways of getting there are completely different. In those 4 games, Army has only scored 10 goals. We've scored 21. Army has basically been riding Gahagen to victory every game. It will be interesting to see if he can continue his dominance or if our ability to put a ton of shots on goal will be too much.
                            Was looking at D1 Statistics and although the sample size is still small as to games played, RIT is 4th out of 60 in shots attempted (behind Penn State, Union and Notre Dame), the next AH team is Mercyhurst at 25th. Was watching a NY Ranger NHL pre-season special on TV about a month ago and one of the folks on the show was saying that the Rangers this year will be taking more shots and putting the pressure on the opponents goalie and defense to make the right play after every shot. The Rangers are 7th in the NHL in shots attempted and seem to be playing well. We've talked about shots per game vs quality of shots plenty of times on this forum with pros and cons for both. Since RIT this year seems to have some folks who can shoot plus a good forecheck and lots of large bodies, maybe this is the style of play we will see from them for the remainder of the season. The only game where we didn't muster a lot of shots was against Union which was no doubt on account of the team we were playing and the amount of time we were in the box. Nonetheless, the Army series will be a great test for both RIT and Army, wish it was down at Tate this year.
                            Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 11-03-2016, 02:04 PM.
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                              The only thing stopping these boys from 3-peating is themselves. Once they learn discipline, watch out!

Any chance for positive rep? Someone's not very nice.
                              If this league had Championship Series I would agree, but we've learn over the years when you get to those two single elimination games at Blue Cross anything can happen. Barring a ton of injuries this team should be at Blue Cross. But when they get there it will not be a cake walk. I think they know that, why I was not to upset over the RMU blown lead, it was embarrassing, but a good early reminder that you have a lot of good hockey teams to play to get back to the NCAAs.
                              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                              The Mule
                              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Holy Cross was spanked by AIC!
                                R I T HOCKEY
                                Frozen Four
                                Elite Eight
                                NCAA Tournament
                                2010-2015-2016
                                RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Working...
                                X