Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Air Force was the best team to represent the AHC in the Tournament. They sealed the deal against Western Michigan, and easily could have won that Harvard game, came down to the last second. Good showing for Atlantic Hockey.

RIT Hockey FB Group
    Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
      Air Force was the best team to represent the AHC in the Tournament. They sealed the deal against Western Michigan, and easily could have won that Harvard game, came down to the last second. Good showing for Atlantic Hockey.
      from the teams I saw, they did look like the best overall team in AHC.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

In my opinion Air Force was man for man the best team in Atlantic Hockey all season. It was interesting a AHA coach, not affiliated with RIT, made a statement that they knew that Robert Morris would beat Canisius. Surprised me, I thought RMU would have a great chance against Canisius but no where near the point where I would have said I knew they would win.

Air Force earned that 12 seed and showed in the Tournament that they deserved it. I honestly think Harvard is a better team than the Quinnipac team RIT faced last year in the first round. Or at the least think they are playing better hockey right now.

This is a result of the league getting better and shows a new importance lately on out of conference games. Reflecting on it, we did see a little different approach this season on non-conference games by Wayne Wilson and the coaching staff. That could explain some of his handling of the goal-tending situation that was very different than past seasons. League is getting better, RIT better be ready to get even better than it has been before...
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

I equate the better play of Atlantic Hockey to be contributed to the very recent increase from 12 scholarships to 14 scholarships. Although it doesn't affect Air Force, Army & RIT to me it brought up the level of teams across the board, and that leads to better hockey by all teams.

In the next few years we are going to 18 scholarships, might take four or five years but once that happens I see great things both within conference and out of conference.

Lots of 1 goal games by Air Force, well done and hats off for representing Atlantic Hockey so well.

Comment

Good News for the Future of RIT Goal-tending

Current recruit Logan Drackett has been named to this years AJHL Viterra South Division All-League Team!!

http://ajhl.ca/media-centre/news-arc...html?nID=11154

And some info on the other incoming Freshman Goaltender Ian Andriano

http://ottawajuniorsenators.pointstr...76/news_462174
            Last edited by Tom Naeger; 03-31-2017, 03:07 PM.

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
              Good News for the Future of RIT Goal-tending

Current recruit Logan Drackett has been named to this years AJHL Viterra South Division All-League Team!!

http://ajhl.ca/media-centre/news-arc...html?nID=11154

And some info on the other incoming Freshman Goaltender Ian Andriano

http://ottawajuniorsenators.pointstr...76/news_462174
              Drake to was also a finalist for league MVP, and was named most outstanding goalie.
              John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
              AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
              AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
              NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
              NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
              NCAA DII - 1983
              NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

We might even see an improved Short as he sees his competition.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Reagan Rust of the women's team on why she turned down the chance to fulfill her dream:

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/04/...a-reagan-rust/

Powers &8^]

Comment

Shane Starrett's departure from Air Force might shake up things a bit in Atlantic Hockey: http://www.uscho.com/2017/04/10/air-...with-edmonton/

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                      Shane Starrett's departure from Air Force might shake up things a bit in Atlantic Hockey: http://www.uscho.com/2017/04/10/air-...with-edmonton/
                      It would be great if it did and it certainly couldn't hurt. However, I seem to remember we all couldn't wait for Volkening and then Torf to graduate. They always seem to find a more than adequate replacement soon enough, don't they?
                      Can't we all just get along?
                      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                        Wow game changer. How does that work with his military commitment?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Thomas M. Naeger
                        The Mule

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                          Wow game changer. How does that work with his military commitment?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
                          He doesn't have to serve since he left after two years is what I saw in an article.
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Looking at Collegehockeystats overall stats Air Force played Starrett 37GP while Christopoulos had 8 GP in 2016/2017. For the 2015/2016 year it was Starrett 33GP to Christopoulos 10GP. I understand that many times a team will have a stronger netminder on the roster, but over playing one can lead to serious concerns down the stretch with an injury or in this case your primary leaving to pursue other endeavors. Interesting turn of events, I penciled in Air Force to take number 1 spot in the regular season next year, but this revelation will make me rethink that and perhaps drop them to third overall as a result of this news.

RIT I am still evaluating for next seasons standings placement, replacing Rotolo is going to be difficult seeing he played the lion's share of contests this season. Collegehockey had it 36GP to 3GP, although the previous season it was a much better split of 19GP to 17GP.
                            Last edited by Blitz; 04-11-2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                              He doesn't have to serve since he left after two years is what I saw in an article.
                              That's correct, at West Point the Cadets commit to military service prior to the start of their third year. So if Air Force or Army have players who believe they have a shot at a career in hockey and want to skip their military commitment they will leave or transfer before their third year. begins.
                              RPI Engineers
                              RIT Tigers
                              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                                RIT I am still evaluating for next seasons standings placement, replacing Rotolo is going to be difficult seeing he played the lion's share of contests this season. Collegehockey had it 36GP to 3GP, although the previous season it was a much better split of 19GP to 17GP.
                                The loss of Rotolo is not as huge as it seems, as his play was inconsistent and we have two new 'tenders coming in, both highly regarded. Chances are good one that at least one of them pans out as a top option, though as freshmen they may struggle from time to time.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X