Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
    Kuqali was +2 over the weekend in the NJ Devils prospect game against Buffalo, no goals, no assists.
    https://***********/NJDevilsPR

But he did not play the next day in the game against the Bruins.
    And he wasn't invited to camp. Think NJ has a shortage of D in the young prospects where they may have needed to fill a few spots in. I was hoping as a Devs fan that he would get a call for The A, but there are a ton there and a logjam from the big team to the Albany team.
    Last edited by JRZ DVLS; 09-23-2016, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
      RIT has never played well in the first half of he season let alone first weekend... Let's see if they can change this!
      They have also usually started with OOC games opening weekend. Last year they got bombed, but the year before that, they split.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
        They have also usually started with OOC games opening weekend. Last year they got bombed, but the year before that, they split.
        True, thank God Robert Morris graduated almost all of their studs! Hopefully the opening weekend goes well. RIT better sell out.
        R I T HOCKEY
        Frozen Four
        Elite Eight
        NCAA Tournament
        2010-2015-2016
        RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

I always find the complaining about slow starts amusing. RIT, Typically plays OOC teams that are deeper than most of the teams they will face in AHA play. Playing some of the best talent you will face all year right out of the bat is tough. I don't think it's any wonder why the record is what it is, and I don't think it's any wonder why at the end of the year when they play that same type of deep team in the NCAA they have scored their share of victories...
          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule
          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

RIT better sell out.
            What? Why? We've only had one sellout and that required an all-out effort and Destler's dye job.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
              What? Why? We've only had one sellout and that required an all-out effort and Destler's dye job.

Powers &8^]
              18,000 students, a metropolitan area of over 1 million, a winning team... Biggest weekend of the season the first weekend...
              R I T HOCKEY
              Frozen Four
              Elite Eight
              NCAA Tournament
              2010-2015-2016
              RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Realistically I would like to think that there would be crowds around 3000 for the games. It could depend on the hype. RIT is expected to have a great year so they may bring in more fans at the start. At the same time, Robert Morris isn't exactly a household name that the casual sports fan may know - even if they should because RMU has won the past 2 regular season championships.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Biggest weekend of the season the first weekend...
                  I definitely have to question that assessment.

We've had 18,000 students, 1 million in the metro, and a winning team before, and still only the one sellout, no matter who the opponent was. I don't understand why a sellout is a requirement for the Robert Morris weekend.

I've said it before: if we start selling out the GPC this quickly, we built it way too small.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                    Robert Morris isn't exactly a household name that the casual sports fan may know
                    That's kinda the problem with all of Atlantic Hockey (save Army and Air Force). One of the arguments for moving conferences is it would bring in a lot more people who have actually heard of the schools we are playing.
                    RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Alexander Kuqali has been invited to the Albany Devils (AHL) training camp:

http://www.thealbanydevils.com/devil...seven-to-camp/
                      Scott Biggar
                      WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
                      Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Tomorrow's game against Brock might only be an exhibition game, but it will be our 1st look at a team that has a lot of expectations. Anything in particular that you guys will be looking for? Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing 6'6" Jordan Peacock in action. We've never had a forward of his size, at least in the D-I era. I'm curious to see how he plays, and I'm interested in seeing how Wayne will use him.

Comment

Originally posted by Haaafs View Post
                          Tomorrow's game against Brock might only be an exhibition game, but it will be our 1st look at a team that has a lot of expectations. Anything in particular that you guys will be looking for?
                          Originally posted by Haaafs View Post
                          Tomorrow's game against Brock might only be an exhibition game, but it will be our 1st look at a team that has a lot of expectations. Anything in particular that you guys will be looking for?
                          Looking forward to seeing the Norrish twins out there again! RIT is returning a number of excellent players and goalies. Hoping for a successful year, a three-pete for the AHC Championship and a NCAA run. If we make it to the NCAAs again this year, that'll really be something.

Another thought - RIT has been spoiled by excellent goaltending in the past. How are folks feeling about Rotolo's prospects this year?
                          RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post

Another thought - RIT has been spoiled by excellent goaltending in the past. How are folks feeling about Rotolo's prospects this year?
                            It's his to lose. As soon as Rotolo begins to struggle in conference we can expect Short to start. Non-conference will probably have both guys playing.

Comment

For those of us who watch RIT online, here's the link

Looks like Atlantic Hockey has abandoned AmericaOne (formerly B2) in favor of Stretch Internet. It's a much simpler interface. Looking forward to seeing how the video quality compares.

This year there's an option to purchase an RIT season pass for $89, which includes all of RIT's regular season games, including tonight's exhibition against Brock. You can buy an Atlantic Hockey season pass for $99, which includes access to all regular season games for all AHC schools. Not sure if playoffs are included in the package, but probably not.

Excited to get the season started!
                              RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

So good to get back to live hockey. Brock was a reasonable first test for the new season. IMO, their skill level would suggest they would be a bottom-of-the-table team in Atlantic Hockey. They played tough, though, and gave some of our freshman a chance to show their stuff. McKay and Brubacher look like keepers on the blue line, and Shawn Cameron played with energy that was fun to watch. I'll be interested to see other newcomers. Both goalies played well, but in truth were not especially tested last night. As expected, the top two lines were kept intact, with Girduckis replacing Mitchel on Powell's line. That appeared to be a good choice, as he made a number of fine plays. One clean backcheck on a possible odd-man rush was impressive. A 3-0 win was about right.

Comment

Working...
                                X