Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Getting a new thread started because I found this odd post today on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ritproducti...94209874205572

Anyone have any clue why they'd move the SportsZone broadcast down to a corner of the concourse? They'll have no good view of the on-ice action, people standing and walking directly behind them while they're on-camera, and it takes up precious concession space. The third-floor space was custom-built for broadcasting; what could possibly be wrong with it after two years?

Powers &8^]

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Thanks for starting up the season thread. It has been strange and somewhat embarrassing for there to be less activity on the Tigers than either the Bentley or AIC threads.

Can't see moving the TV crew to the concourse level. Way too many distractions.But, Maybe the WITR guys wanted a more space for the massage tables, hot tub, and buffet. ;-)

On the hockey side of things, the incoming class looks good and certainly adds a lot of offensive depth. Will be interesting to see how the new guys on D fit in, and if they can cover the loss of Kuqali and Amlong.

Also, any news on the presidential search. That may hove more of an impact on the future of Tiger Hockey than anything.
    John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
    NCAA DII - 1983
    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

The new set is for the SportsZone LIVE Pregame show:

https://***********/RIT_SportsZone/s...14449064529921
      TIGERS HOCKEY
      Rochester Institute of Technology

Comment

Boy this thread is off to an insightful start...
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
          Boy this thread is off to an insightful start...
          The Cheetah is the fastest land animal reaching speeds up to 96 mph. Hope this was helpful too!

The schedules out, the recruits have been identified, the stadium is a couple of years old...not much else to talk about except the weather at this point.

Have a happy August!
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
            The Cheetah is the fastest land animal reaching speeds up to 96 mph. Hope this was helpful too!

The schedules out, the recruits have been identified, the stadium is a couple of years old...not much else to talk about except the weather at this point.

Have a happy August!
            Falcons may be faster than Cheetahs, but putting the puck in the net is key. Looking forward to Tigers visit at the JAR the last weekend of October.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Falcons may be faster than Cheetahs, but putting the puck in the net is key. Looking forward to Tigers visit at the JAR the last weekend of October.
              Yep, I'll be there, eating bad concession food and watching the home crowd go home with sad faces!

Oh, you do realize that a Falcon is not a land animal, right? I sometimes wonder about you UNH grads!

1.5 months to go until the ponds are frozen again!
              RIT Tigers

Comment

Yep, I'll be there, eating bad concession food...
                You're not kidding. That "food" is some of the worst I have ever had. I ordered a slice of pizza, thinking that was a safe bet. The guy serving it gave me 2 slices for the price of 1 since I was from out of town, and he said it was my lucky day because it was really good that day... It was disgusting. If that's the really good pizza, I never want to try the normal pizza. The other people around me ordered pretzels, and they were equally terrible. They had the texture of chalk and had absolutely no flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                  Getting a new thread started because I found this odd post today on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ritproducti...94209874205572

Anyone have any clue why they'd move the SportsZone broadcast down to a corner of the concourse? They'll have no good view of the on-ice action, people standing and walking directly behind them while they're on-camera, and it takes up precious concession space. The third-floor space was custom-built for broadcasting; what could possibly be wrong with it after two years?

Powers &8^]
                  Maybe it's just for the pre-game show? That could be a cool location with people milling around in the background for the pre-game show, at least. I would hope that the Corner Crew would stand behind them and cheer, hold up signs, etc.
                  RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

It is for a 1/2 hour pre-game show to replace the old weekly RIT Sportszone show.
                    Warning: I'm Loud and Obnoxious at Hockey Games!

"With the lights out in the arena moments before players skated onto the
                    ice, Cornell supporters began a 'Let's Go Red' chant that was tersely
                    drowned out by RIT fans in the boisterous crowd of 5,142." The Ithaca Journal.

Comment

Wait, no more weekly RIT SportsZone? Hasn't it been winning awards?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                        Wait, no more weekly RIT SportsZone? Hasn't it been winning awards?

Powers &8^]
                        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                        The Mule
                        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Yep, I'll be there, eating bad concession food and watching the home crowd go home with sad faces!

Oh, you do realize that a Falcon is not a land animal, right? I sometimes wonder about you UNH grads!

1.5 months to go until the ponds are frozen again!

Oops, I missed the words 'land animal." But, you will be the one going home with a sad face if you eat any of the concession food.

Also, I guess that ponds must freeze a lot earlier in western New York than in eastern Massachusetts.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Oops, I missed the words 'land animal." But, you will be the one going home with a sad face if you eat any of the concession food.

Also, I guess that ponds must freeze a lot earlier in western New York than in eastern Massachusetts.
                            Well, with plumbing, they most certainly do.

I'm about 70 miles southeast of Thornton but it gets plenty cold here too!
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                              What? I'm serious; they won a College Emmy Award in 2012 for Best Newscast.

In other news, RIT hockey games won't be broadcast to on-campus residents this year; RIT is moving away from TWC to a streaming service for cable television.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                              X