X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 4: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    With all the cameras these days I can't believe there are still so many idiots out there. I've watched Live PD a few times (it got boring after 2-3 episodes) but the cops they followed never once got out of line even in situations where I might not have blamed them.
    A combination of entitlement and idiocy.

This is like a white window on what blacks have experienced for... well, forever. NWA was onto something.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

No matter how you slice it, stupidity abounds on both sides of this story. And of course the dash cam malfunctioned; how convenient.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...est/100413974/

Comment

Study: Grand Rapids, MI... black drivers are twice as likely to be stopped and searched.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi...resent_re.html

And we had to study to find this out?
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
          Study: Grand Rapids, MI... black drivers are twice as likely to be stopped and searched.

No, it just gives actual hard evidence to something we know is likely true.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

There are a lot of things that we "know" to be true in my office, but we have to perform analysis in order to prove it out before presenting to management. This is just the public sector's public policy version of that same thing.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              No matter how you slice it, stupidity abounds on both sides of this story. And of course the dash cam malfunctioned; how convenient.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...est/100413974/
              Trooper Artfitch, who joined the State Police in 2014, testified to his version of the encounter. He said he and his partner were driving north on U.S. 131
              I've never known State Police to double up on patrol.
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                I've never known State Police to double up on patrol.
                They have to be prepared to face some really dangerous people. Or maybe some unarmed 83 year old guy, I don't know. This incident is more proof that we allow the wrong people to be in law enforcement and we fail miserably to train them. If I saw a couple of cops do something like this to my dad, I'd probably be spending the rest of my life behind bars, because nothing would stop me from extracting some serious vengeance.

Comment

Maryland needs to tighten up the police exam a tad...
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Maryland needs to tighten up the police exam a tad...
                    Let's be honest, hate crime law is pretty stupid, and to expect them not to go there eventually was silly.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Let's be honest, hate crime law is pretty stupid, and to expect them not to go there eventually was silly.
                      I dunno, this doesn't seem to have anything to do with the practicality of hate crime law and everything to do with the cluelessness of rural Maryland white herpa-derps, or as I like to call them, my neighbors.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        Unless Trump voters are now a protected class this is ridiculous. I doubt the same cop would charge a white person with burning a picture of Barack Obama.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Be sure not to back your vehicle up "in an aggressive manner" towards the po-po when you hear gunshots...

http://www.theroot.com/jordan-edward...lch-1794790985

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                            Be sure not to back your vehicle up "in an aggressive manner" towards the po-po when you hear gunshots...

http://www.theroot.com/jordan-edward...lch-1794790985
                            I love it...he misspoke. More like the lying ******nozzle was proven wrong by the facts and had to cover his ***. Next they will say the dead kid was "sitting aggressively" so the cops feared for their lives.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Until we start convicting some cops of murder and manslaughter, this stuff is going to keep happening. It's bad enough the defense always seems to find a juror or two to hang a jury when these things actually go to trial, but even worse is how few even end up before a jury in the first place. That and more college educated white people need to finally see this for the crisis it is. But then again, now do we even know it is a crisis when no agency is even required to keep track of how many unarmed people they shoot or kill? I am required to track what I do on my job to the hour, so as to assure my employer is not spending a nickel of union member's dues on something that is purely political. Yet we do not require law enforcement agencies to keep track of who they kill and why they killed them. How can anyone see that as the right way to go about things?

Comment

Granted it's Shaun King, but if there's any truth in this, they should all be fired. It's too bad being the world's biggest d1ckholes isn't prosecutable.

As police demanded that the boys face away from them, and walk backwards, with their hands held above their heads, one of the cops, according to the sons, loudly mocked them for not knowing their left from their right.

They had just seen their brother shot in the forehead with a rifle. The rifle was fired repeatedly from such close range that the boys said their ears were ringing from the shots.

Comment

Working...
                                X